A Case of Mistaken Identity

Ok so I’m in the cornfield, and about 10 seconds into the game Ghost Face comes snooping around the killer shack where I spawned. The Meg who spawned with me had just started the genny, so the killer knew someone was near. We had to scatter and, of course, I get chased. 

Out through the fields we go, then Into the wooden palisades. Pallet 1. We dance around and I miss with my flashlight. Break. Pallet 2, we dance again. Break.  Pallet 3, he glares at me and goes behind a wall trying to scare me into vaulting, but no dice. He comes back, still on the other side of the pallet. He disappears again, and then all of a sudden comes rushing toward the pallet and leaps over it!

Holy freak! This isn’t GhostFace! The frenzied Legion rewards my confusion with a Deep Wound strike, and then hooks me a short time later. I survived the match, but dang!  This isn’t the first time I thought a Legion was Ghost Face either! 😂

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Yup, i mistake Leatherface for the nurse all the time

  • That must have been an intense moment for you! 😂

  • @LordGlint said:

    Yup, i mistake Leatherface for the nurse all the time

    Ikr! They seriously need to make leatherface and the nurse look different.

  • The noise of a hag trap triggering to too similar to the wraiths uncloaking.

  • I do love moments of terror like that in the game. Not a case of mistaken identity but swinging the camera around while working on a gen to see around a corner and seeing the shape about to round the coner gave me a big scare

  • @martin27 I had a moment like that when i first started playing survivor. Was sitting with my GF, looking at my premonition and Im like "i wonder who the killer is...". My GF just blantly is like "Its myers", and im like "well...it COULD be..." at which point, I spotted him standing on the other end of a window, staring at me. My GF wont let me live it down.

  • Isn't myers suppose to be immune to detection perks at tier 1

  • @martin27 said:

    Isn't myers suppose to be immune to detection perks at tier 1

    That was the point, he was staring at Premonition not going off and didn't see the Myers standing there

  • The entire reason I got DeathGarden was to dress Meg up like Legion and give a particularly jumpy friend heart attacks. Funnily enough, I've watched Legions double-take when they see me too

  • Ghost Face, the secret 5th member of The Legion.

    Imagine...

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/556598#Comment_556598

    That was the point, he was staring at Premonition not going off and didn't see the Myers standing there

    I thought he meant he saw it light up first and thought "who is it", not waiting to see if it lights up and then having myers attack.