The Sad State of Survivor Balance
Survivor balance is in a pickle, no ALL balance is in a pickle right now. Lots of people say looping, camping, etc. are really big problems...but why are t they being tackled.
Here’s why; SWF. SWF throws balance out the window, not only does it make survivors strong....but the main core problem......now 3 sides need to be balanced, but 2 are tied together. As it currently is,with states including SWF matches saying that survivors survive rate is 50%-ish...that’s really bad. As we know SWF is much stronger than solo, that means, by logic, that SWF has roughly a 70-80% survive rate, while solo has only about 30%.
How do we fix this? Well it’s near impossible. But the only way to fix this would be to make solo survivors have much more communication, and with the 3 sides becoming 2 again, be able to nerf survivors with out making solo queue a death sentence.
Comments
You thought this post was gonna be survivor entitlement...but it was really me! Jack!
Played a swf team last night that looped and teabagged... after the game was over they were calling me noob, baby killer, and told me to kill myself. Like #########? It's just a game lol. Honestly made me feel sorry for them. Be kind people
Yeah, that’s what I’m saying, that’s SWF is op, but if they need survivors, solo queue is screwed, so they need to, although it would break immersion, add considerably more communication in game so SWF and Solo queue can both be nerfed without solo queue becoming a rotting corpse.
I find the quoting system on this forum weird. Also; 100% this, I don’t get why either.
As a killer, if I see someone get sandbagged like that I'll tunnel the crap out of the one who did it. Gotta teach people to play nice lol
Unfortunatley it happens a hell of a lot.
You sir, hit the problem right on the head. It's not killers, its not survs, it's SWF. I think they should either just outright delete swf or create a mode without it.
I think the best solution to SWF is to give the killer bonuses against SWF teams. Maybe these could be built into perks or maybe they could be passive abilties.
I think the best thing to do would be what has been suggested... create a separate mode for swf where solo players can join if they want, mainly so it fills out the lobby and you aren't waiting forever for a game. An incentive should be provided for the killer to play against swf... like extra blood points and shards, or something along those lines. Thoughts?
killers should have the option to play with a swf lobby or just solo's
Yep agree. I'm sure it'll take some ironing out, but I think it's definitely doable. Like you said... 2 or 3 vs 4 swf groups and waiting times are the real x factor.
The easiest solution is give the killer a buff that only works against swf party members. That way if it's 3 swfs and 1 random the random is treated as normal but the other 3 might have a slight decrease in aura of each other or some other buff to the killer like he can see them from slightly further away.
I've been the killer with a full premade and it's not fun especially when you'ere only a lvl 3 and they're almost completely geared out with ultra very rare and very rare perks and addons. Most have been pretty cool about and but some think they're great because they outdid you.
You have to make solo survivors closer to SWF in strength without making SWF any stronger. Then they could balance the killers around that, making them stronger overall, but letting solo survivors survive as often as SWF, mak8ng the game fun for all sides.
I made a very long post about this here: http://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179/petition-to-either-create-ranked-and-casual-or-balance-the-game-around-swf#latest
I would enjoy for you to come in and share your opinions. This particular thread got over 3000 comments on the Steam Forums, so let us keep it going here!
Except, the problem with that is; no killer would ever choose SWF. Thus they’d literally be INFINITELY in queue.
Tells you something about SWF then, don't it?
Indeed.
Maybe 2 or 3x the regular amount of blood points? Pain and suffering needs compensation lol
That could be a nice bandaid until the fixes that are needed occur. Maybe even if they don’t choose still give the bonus at the end. Just give something.
Its really hard to balance SWF now, I dont think it even is possible without adding ingame voice comms for everyone.
What can be done though is splitting up SWF and soloplayers into different queues and give killers who feel masochistic 100% extra BP in the SWF queue
As a high rank player, mostly playing against solo survivors/duo survivors, I can tell one thing :
At high ranks, the SWF isn't the only issue.
Sure, SWF can make the experience even easier for survivors, and eventually even less pleasant for killers. But that is not all.
Against experienced players, the game TRULY lack mindgames in a lot of situations.
There is way too many pallets with full vision to run around, allowing the survivor to have full vision on you AND greatly reducing his ways to actually break vision and get off a chase.
These two factors just lead to frustrations for both side :
One side is just forced to keep getting chased for extended durations, with little chance to get away from a chase if the killer decides to commit (even tho you can lose a killer, in some situations, ofc)
The other side is just running in tedious chases, with very little room for mindgames, leading to brainless pallet breaking, one by one, hoping either for a mistake, or to reach a part of the map without that many possibilities.
Obviously, the killer can push a survivor in some place and such, or at least try to, and the survivor can eventually hide in some rare situations.
But is that the most common cases ? I doubt so.
And I think it should be.
Pallet places should essentially be mindgames, either survivor or killer sided, or pretty balanced, but not a braindead run with, as sole purpose, to waste time without the possibility to even think.