The New Audio Is Preferable for Both Sides

As a Survivor, the music is still loud enough in my headphones that I can clearly hear the heartbeat and the approaching music. I can also hear the breathing of the Killer easier because of it, so it also assists in locating him sometimes.

As a Killer, the lowered chase music is highly beneficial. It gives Killers a needed buff in the chase, without being blatantly overpowered. I've still been able to break chases and avoid Killers hunting me down, and Iron Will still exists, which will almost always confuse a Killer, as he is expecting to hear whimpering.

Don't just hot patch the audio back to the way it was. You guys really just should add a volume slider, but don't allow the music to be completely muted.

@Peanits @not_Queen

Comments

  • Totally agree, we need to get people to say more about this before it is reverted to the previous 2.9.0 style audio

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/72663/the-new-audio-is-preferable-for-both-sides

    Preferable for both sides? And from where did you get this info may I ask? Some sort of survey has been done and community voiced their opinions on the matter? If so I am not aware of it.

    Also the current audio is beyond busted currently. Survivors are way too loud which negates the use of Stridor completly. With my Razer headphones I can hear invisible Claudette breathing in the bushes 5m ahead of me and I can tell the direction as well. Flashlights are basicly pointless as well as you can easily follow the sound survivors make. I am all for reworking killers to make them better but this is just too much. The game sounds as they are now are terrible, the game feels awkward to play because of it. Your suggestion is like saying: "Oh keep the Wake Up bug, because it mitigates lag hits while vaulting". No, just no. Bugs have to be fixed not ecouraged to stay.

    Wut? I was just saying it's preferable as in it's better for both sides in my opinion. The #########, a survey? Lol ok dude

    That's your opinion based on your anecdotal evidence. I haven't had any issues getting away from Killers as a Survivor, and I don't even need Iron Will to do it. The music never should have overpowered the Survivor footsteps or breathing in the first place. It isn't even remotely in the same category as the Wake Up bug, but I know you.

    You tend to blow stuff out if proportion. The audio honestly is fine.

    And my suggestion was to add a slider. What, you don't like an audio slider? You don't like options? Lol ok dude. Try harder next time and pay attention to what my actual suggestion is.

  • I also agree. There's a small bug where some people aren't getting the chase music at all.,And that's causing frustration at lower skill levels. (you SHOULD be looking around yourself anyways ppl. But it IS a bug so i can't grind on them to hard) But i've been saying this for a while. it's funny how when I said it,I got hate. But now that it's been accidentally added into the game for a bit, people ar elike "oh this is awesome"

  • @SmokePotion said:

    I also agree. There's a small bug where some people aren't getting the chase music at all.,And that's causing frustration at lower skill levels. (you SHOULD be looking around yourself anyways ppl. But it IS a bug so i can't grind on them to hard) But i've been saying this for a while. it's funny how when I said it,I got hate. But now that it's been accidentally added into the game for a bit, people ar elike "oh this is awesome"

    I don't think the music should be 100% quiet, but it shouldn't overpower the audio from either side.

    Saying the game should be balanced around music audio levels is absolutely silly in my opinion. It's music.

    This hasn't been an issue an any game I play. Even Overwatch doesn't have super overpowering music in Overtime modes, and you can just turn it off if you want.

    Balancing around music is stupid.

    This bug should be fixed though. But the audio levels shouldn't be raised.

  • I would prefer to have it a bit louder. Just a bit not like before.

  • Typical killer mains supporting extra loud survivors and an almost free M&A

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    Typical killer mains supporting extra loud survivors and an almost free M&A

    Why do Survivor mains have to exaggerate everything Killers request?

    It's about restoring the volume levels to how they used to be a long time ago, when they weren't broken.

    • The chase music is supposed to be loud, just not to an extent that it drowns out all other noises.
    • Survivors are supposed to make noise that the Killer can hear, just not in excess or none at all.
    • The background music is supposed to play constantly to add to the game's atmosphere, just not to an extent that it drowns out Survivor noises or is nearly silent.

    Stop jumping to extremes, it just makes you look silly and quite salty.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/554564#Comment_554564

    Same can be said about your opinion also based on your anecdotal evidence. DBS is a game where sound plays very important role for both sides and the way it is now is a major buff for killers, because all sounds currently in the game are busted. So please spare me your excuses and stop spewing bullshit for once.

    Also you as a survivor main maybe do not realize how much easier the game is now for killers ith all the sound busted. Oh well, can't blame you for your ignorance.

    Except they aren't busted. They're working properly now, you just are used to having the game be unnecessarily difficult as a Killer.

    The fact that you can hear them is proof enough you were always supposed to in the first place. Having those cues drowned out by music makes absolutely no sense at all from a balance perspective. Plus, you seem to fail to understand that this lowered music works both ways, as Survivors can hear Killer's breathing easier now as well.

    But you ignore any point that doesn't support your biased notions.

    By your logic, since I am a Survivor main and since Killers are better at hearing sounds now, then I should be having a worse time, right? Except I'm not. I'm not having any more difficulty than I was before Surviving. But hey, can't blame you for having no logic. I'm used to it.

    Survivors haven't adapted yet. You should probably wait more than a month before screaming to fix changes.

    You also seem to be ignoring the SLIDER suggestion. Why do you come in discussion, and spout facetious stuff without considering everything someone said?

    Man I swear.

  • I like the fact that I don't have to risk damaging my hearing to try to listen to the survivors.

  • DBD tool tips: "If you lose a Survivor, listen carefully! You can hear Survivors footsteps and breathing."

    Survivors: "SoUnDs ArE bUgGeD!"

  • Hearing survivors screaming on the hook makes my ears bleed, now.

  • As a Survivor, the music is still loud enough in my headphones that I can clearly hear the heartbeat and the approaching music.

    Killers theme should be louder

  • I don't like the new audio at all. I can't hear any of the cool ambient sounds and chase themes are super low. Sure, it may have been too loud (to some) but it made you get pumped up and scared.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/554694#Comment_554694

    Except they do not work as they always supposed to. Care to read previous post by DocOctober. Music should always play in the background, now you cannot hear it like at all. Chase music is muted and terror radius for killers is muffled. Because the music and all other environmental sounds are so low survivors are even louder than before. Spirit got a massive buff because of it. Survivors always have been loud, even with old sound settings. So stop spewing bs again about me being biased, because I apart from you play both sides and I am telling you know - every time I play killer stealth does not exist, because the sound is busted. I can hear the grass moving, survivors breathing without the need of Stridor to amplify the sounds. On the other hand when I play survivor, the game lacks atmosphere it had, because of bad sound volumes. The game feels like I am playing in a vaccum. It's just terrible. I'm glad you like it for some weird reason but sorry this is not how it's always been so stop with silly mental gymnastics to justify it and telling people they should "adapt".

    Sounds were bugged before now they are not. If anything you can fix it on your side.

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    I don't like the new audio at all. I can't hear any of the cool ambient sounds and chase themes are super low. Sure, it may have been too loud (to some) but it made you get pumped up and scared.

    IF anything devs should fix the sounds and not revert back to broken sounds(last major update)

  • The new audio is great, the old one was dangerous as you HAD to raise the volume to hear survivors and there were too many loud sounds bad for one's hearing.

    So great job!

  • Im liking it in the current state. Without the overpowering music and heartbeat its possible to get information that's was previously hidden within the audio.

  • I have only 1 problem. I can't hear the unique music when playing against or play as myers.

  • The sound is not fine as it is now. You can't hear the:

    • Chase music.
    • Heartbeat unless the killer is really close to you.
    • Michael Myers entering and leaving Evil Within 3.
    • No sound notification when the plague interacts with the pools of devotion to obtain the corrupt purge.
    • Nurse blinks.
    • Hillbilly chainsaw unless he is very close.
    • The hatch noise is very faint now and therefore much more difficult to find.

    I have seen many other posts (in reddit and steam forums) complaining about the sound being bugged, and therefore I know I am not the only one that have this issue.

    I have no idea why it was not fixed in the "hot fix". It is a game breaking issue and unfortunately the devs still did no acknowledge it @Peanits

  • @Zertix said:

    The sound is not fine as it is now. You can't hear the:

    • Chase music.
    • Heartbeat unless the killer is really close to you.
    • Michael Myers entering and leaving Evil Within 3.
    • No sound notification when the plague interacts with the pools of devotion to obtain the corrupt purge.
    • Nurse blinks.
    • Hillbilly chainsaw unless he is very close.
    • The hatch noise is very faint now and therefore much more difficult to find.

    I have seen many other posts (in reddit and steam forums) complaining about the sound being bugged, and therefore I know I am not the only one that have this issue.

    I have no idea why it was not fixed in the "hot fix". It is a game breaking issue and unfortunately the devs still did no acknowledge it @Peanits

    Funny, I have no problem hearing any of that. In fact, alot of those can be heard even better now. Might want to check your speakers.

  • Thing is, bro, everyone seems to be experiencing the sound differently at the moment. For me, I barely hear a heartbeat and have chase music so low it may as well not be there. I actually have to like...focus hard to hear it. It's that quiet. My headphones are top shelf Sennheisers and my volume is 100% in these situations.

  • Personally, I think it's time to just give us a slider and let us pick which style we prefer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/556445#Comment_556445

    That will never happen. Also graphical settings are very limited in DBD for a reason, although how the game looks can be altered by Nvidia Experience. Sounds are a very important component of DBD balancewise. Current sound setup is just plain terrible because:

    • chase music is basicly not playing at all it is so quiet you can barely hear it,
    • terror radius is very confusing, because of how quiet it is - which is a huge buff for killers like MM and other low tr killers,
    • chainsaws can be only heard in very close proximity
    • there is no music on any of the maps which breaks the atmosphere and renders stealth options useless as survivors are twice as loud because of it
    • nurse blinks are very muffled

    I seriously have no idea how anyone in the right mind can defend the current state of sounds in the game. I hope it will be fixed soon, because it is annoying as hell.

    I do believe in some cases things have improved. IE you can hear breathing of survivors and ######### which was intentional and in the OLD OLD sound system before the last major patches busting it. However, when I play huntress I can hear you getting into a locker a room above me and to the right. That is just plain dumb it removes stealth from the game within a 20 meter radius of the killer. Sounds should be normalized not sporadic like they are. To the point it is as busted as the Old system with no survivor sounds as this one is in its own right.