Can the killer stop the survivor using a key for the hatch?
Scenario:
I've closed the hatch, I see survivor on second floor of building. She eventually jumps down and uses key to reopen the hatch.
Was there anything I could have done in that scenario?
Comments
No, killers are not able to stop them once the interaction has started
Assuming the survivor is healthy and you don't have an insta-down attack (so that you'd only have to hit her once before she gets to the hatch) and you don't have Franklin's equipped, then no.
Well that just plain sucks.
You could have hit the survivor and downed them.
Nope like many BS add-ons and items on both sides sometimes they just don't have any counterplay sadly.
They should bring back the hatch grab mechanic purely for this
Legit. The EGC is great but needs some tweaks, such as I would let Killers grab survivors who are jumping into hatch, but keep the exit gates across from each other. This way you won't get games where the killer doesn't even have too move too look at both exit gates.
The whole EGC is fairly killer-sided as is (which isn’t a bad thing), I think killer grabs would be unnecessary.
I guess but the survivor being able to use the hatch via a key and all the killer can do is just watch it happen is quite an oversight.