It's Time For A Quickplay Option
I'm sick of these 20 minute lobbies. It's about time for there to be an option for players that just want to get into a game fast and don't care about rank or region or even their role. Just click Quick Play and choose your preferred role and the first 5 players get slapped into a lobby. 2 players choose prefer killer? There is a 50% chance either gets the role and the other is a survivor. You have 30 seconds to set up your perks, items, add ons, offerings, etc and game starts. Leave a quick play lobby before it starts and you are banned from quick play for 15 minutes. This isn't a mode for people that want to waste other people's time.
Comments
bUt iTlL sPlIt tHe pOpUlAtIoN
Have the naysayers ever considered that a change like this could actually bolster the population?
BHVR isn't willing to take risks.
I agree. I honestly would just like KYF games where you just earn BP at a reduced rate. All my friends say that's the reason they will never play KYF because it doesn't give BP.
So if your ping is somehow still bad and you leave the lobby, you gotta wait 15 minutes?
@Dreamnomad I agree with you completely. I would love a QP option set-up like you described. The other issue is, the more I play the more I eventually rank-up, and I really do not want to play at the higher ranks and have to tryhard and get sweaty. I just want casual matches I can relax in, and QP would be just that. As it stands, I play for a couple of weeks, then have to shelve the game until rank reset.
That's why I play Overwatch and Paladins a hell of a lot more than DBD (and spend my money over there as well). I can just Quick Play, have fun, and leave ranked to those that give a damn about that mode. And guess what? Having QP and ranked hasn't killed Paladins at all, despite the "split the population," argument made here.
(I mentioned Paladins for that because their population isn't huge, either, whereas Overwatch is different level of beast.)
@Boss Yes. Players leaving lobby constantly trying to get their preferred role is a greater potential problem than the occasional player having to wait 15 minutes because their internet crapped out. That player is more than welcome to try and queue up for a ranked game in the meantime. 15 minutes isn't an outrageous amount. It's just enough of a slap on the wrist to let the player know not to make a habit of it.
I actually agree with you on something. This is a weird feeling. But seriously I'm so sick of hearing about how everything will split the population.
Yeah but I would never use it. The red ranked people who don't want to deal with red ranks will just sweat in quick play.
@TheRoyalOwl That's possible. It's also possible that a red rank player just wants to have a fun match without feeling pressured. Both sides drive the behavior that they don't like. Killers tend to camp and tunnel because they feel if they don't survivors will just blast through the generators in no time and tea bag at the exit gate. Survivors feel like if they don't blow through the gens and loop the killer won't give them a second chance if they are caught.
But the beauty of a quick play mode is that if a game doesn't go well, you can immediately shrug it off and be back in a game in about a minute. Part of the reason that a loss stings so much in ranked is that you often have 5-20 minutes to brood over the last game.
Hmm, that's not great.
Just an FYI from a veteran: there was a quickplay option back in 2016. The devs got rid of it because barely anyone used it.
@DocOctober I didn't know that. How was it implemented? If they ever actually fixed matchmaking in ranked I could see less desire for something like this. It's just the absurd lobby times that I'm tired of.
Basically an RNG selector for playing either role. You'd click on it and either get matchmaked as Survivor or as Killer.
I agree 100%. Been advocating for this for a long time, but they won't do it. They want a Quick Match balanced game but still keep the only play mode Ranked. I want too enjoy the killer games, not be gen rushed at high ranks too unfair SWF all carrying toolboxes and OP perk builds. Why i try and stay low rank, I find green and low purple ranks too be the Quick Match ranks.
It shouldn't give Bloodpoints since you could just all stack offerings and farm out Bloodpoints with no risk whatsoever, and no cost since everything is given too you.
A casual mode would be awesome, but I wouldn't hold my breath.