Thrilling Tremors

Anyone opposed to a shorter cd? Not longer duration, it's fine as is, just a shorter CD. One minute is just way too long for this perk to really be useful. 20s cd would be ok? I'd even compromise with 30s cd. Just lower it so it can get some more use. I mean it prevents us from even breaking the gens so I don't see why a shorter cd would be a problem.

Edit with an idea from Atrushan88: TT activates when hooking a survivor instead of picking them up as you can't really make full use of it while carrying/picking up a survivor.

Comments

  • I'd also like it to be when you hook a survivor, not when you pick them up. It's kind of hard to focus on all the generators being worked on when you have a wiggling survivor in your arms and you're looking for a hook to put them on. Which mine is only rank 1 right now so maybe it's better at rank 3, but it's kind of frustrating right now.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    I'd also like it to be when you hook a survivor, not when you pick them up. It's kind of hard to focus on all the generators being worked on when you have a wiggling survivor in your arms and you're looking for a hook to put them on. Which mine is only rank 1 right now so maybe it's better at rank 3, but it's kind of frustrating right now.

    Yea, that's a great change too. I'll add that to the top post.

  • I stand by what I said when the perk was revealed. 45 seconds is where I draw the line for the perk being good. 60 is too long. 45 seconds is still a long time of course, but it's the longest I would accept and still say the perk is alright.

  • Yeah CD seems way too long to be a beneficial perk.



    edit to say I think 20s is waay to short and they’d never change it to be that. 40-45 s would be a nice sweet spot.

  • It's 16s of locking gens down, but doesn't affect gens being worked on, and you cannot regress them. I don't see how it'd be THAT broken. Especially since it's on pick-up so you're wasting a minimum of 5~ seconds right there if not more unless you're under a hook. 30s would be a good middle ground and if you've got a slug available every 30s, the perks not what's winning that match.

    Gotta remember it requires you downing survivors and picking them up/hooking them if that was changed to be a better activation.

  • Anyone opposed to a shorter cd? Not longer duration, it's fine as is, just a shorter CD. One minute is just way too long for this perk to really be useful.

    I don't see why it has to be on a CD to begin with; the point of it is to reward the killer by stopping gens from being worked on and providing them with information after successfully downing someone. Why should that have a CD?


    If the issue is an idea of abuse by using the same downed survivor, well they can only do it a maximum of 3 times per down, and the fact is that it's a waste of time plus if that really was an issue, they could make it so it doesn't proc multiple times on the same down.


    Also I don't really think it's there to stop gens from being worked on; that's just a bonus on top of giving the killer information on what gens are being worked on. Imagine it in combination with PGTW, for example?

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/69954/thrilling-tremors

    I don't see why it has to be on a CD to begin with; the point of it is to reward the killer by stopping gens from being worked on and providing them with information after successfully downing someone. Why should that have a CD?

    If the issue is an idea of abuse by using the same downed survivor, well they can only do it a maximum of 3 times per down, and the fact is that it's a waste of time plus if that really was an issue, they could make it so it doesn't proc multiple times on the same down.

    I feel it having a cd is fine, seeing as if you were to have a slug readily available you could just hook, wait, hook, and ride out a good 32s of lockout. Just want some reliable stall not stop them from playing. :P

  • @Caretaker Fair enough lol. I just feel like it could provide some extra information, really. If you have 2 people downed, wait out the perk and then instantly pick up the second, it could be that the first gen being worked on is now not being touched, while another is, so you know where a survivor working on a gen is, while you know the direction that the person saving is coming from (assuming an organised team) but I admit that wouldn't be too common.

  • @SunderMun said:

    @Caretaker Fair enough lol. I just feel like it could provide some extra information, really. If you have 2 people downed, wait out the perk and then instantly pick up the second, it could be that the first gen being worked on is now not being touched, while another is, so you know where a survivor working on a gen is, while you know the direction that the person saving is coming from (assuming an organised team) but I admit that wouldn't be too common.

    That's kinda how I use it atm. It's not really stalling anything, it's more information. Though with a shorter cd it might actually have some decent stall if people were to panic or get off gen/finish one while you hooked. Obviously having a slug readily available is pretty rare, but still.

  • They just don't want to give us something that is good as ruin

    Corrupt intervention? One chance, one go, and everybody will be hiding

    Thrilling tremors? Well, you're going to have to wait a minute

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    They just don't want to give us something that is good as ruin

    Corrupt intervention? One chance, one go, and everybody will be hiding

    Thrilling tremors? Well, you're going to have to wait a minute

    Amen to that. Here's hoping a dev reads this and considers our suggestions. It wouldn't be game breaking, would add some tension+stall that we desperately need.