Ghostface is a lot of fun to play against
Title says it all, really. I find it really fun trying to look closely to see if he's around. It makes it really feel like a horror game. He definitely seems like he'll be B tier once people figure out how to adapt to him, which is fine, honestly.
Comments
It’s only fine if he doesn’t become another Clown.
Agree with the first part.
"He definitely seems like he'll be B tier once people figure out how to adapt to him, which is fine, honestly."
This I don't though. It is not fine to have another killer that can't be played against good high ranks.
One thing i don't understand is how to take him out of stalk. Does your character and camera have to be looking at him? What is the whole deal there?
@Detective_Jonathan You have to center your camera onto him and stare. It makes chases a bit difficult for Survivors, but it's not really that hard to go against. As long as you can manage to stare, you won't have any issues what so ever.
@Chaotic_Riddle Thanks.
I agree, I am both red rank survivor and killer (rank 1). And GF is really fun to play and vs
Agreed, he will be A/B tier, but the thing is, the Devs are nerfing him...
UPCOMING HOTFIX PATCH
DEV NOTE: We have made some slight adjustments to Ghost Face following the second PTB. Unfortunately, they have not made it into the current patch but will be introduced in an upcoming hotfix in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.
BALANCE
The Ghost Face:
· Stalk rate add-ons (Telephoto Lens, Night Vision Monocular) are slightly reduced.
· Pallet stuns will now break Ghost Face out of stealth.
· Marked Survivors may no longer be stalked.
· Killer Instinct base duration slightly increased.
· Killer Instinct add-on (Marked Map, Victim’s Detailed Routine) duration slightly increased.
· Detection area of screen slightly increased for Survivors attempting to reveal Ghost Face.
And thats when Gface will stop being fun to play :D yey
I really do hope they decide to keep him where he is, in the end he can be looped so having this strong power can help compensate.
I don't see those as nerfs, tbh. The changes seem more intended to reinforce the stealth aspect of the killer.
Adjusting his add-ons is actually necessary because he can out-stalk the detection timer even though you're staring at each other from 5 feet away. It kind of breaks the whole "stealth killer" aspect.
Pallet stuns breaking him out of stealth... I mean, if you're aware enough to stun him with a pallet, I'd say you've detected him. That's only fair.
Marked survivors no longer able to be stalked. I think that one is pretty fair because the survivor should be rewarded if they extend a chase for 45 seconds without being hit, and I could also see scenarios where Ghostface could just infinitely juggle the exposed timer on survivors in certain maps. Not exactly balanced.
Killer instinct duration and add-ons are being buffed.
Detection area increase could go either way. It's pretty tight as it stands now. And there are situations where you know he's there, you have him dead center, but you also need to run and the camera moves slightly so you lose detection progress.
And that is also when I officially become a nurse main so I can efficiently stomp mid/high ranks, because of all these weeks of me wanting to officially become a Ghostface main and change for the better, has literally drained down the sewer pipes.
He's too easy to beat IMHO. He needs to be scary, not a duck-duck-goose player. He needs something to push his viability up.
He can be a little difficult to break out mid chase, but that's the real only viability he has going for him as that at least gives him some better mind games at pallets.
Not only does he not needs the nerfs coming, but I think he needs to be more difficult to break out when he's peaking. It's still a little too easy when he does.
@edgarpoop Nerfs that make sense are still nerfs.
Nerfs to things that shouldn't have existed in the first place are still nerfs
A nerf is just a change that makes something worse. The only argument that can be made in order to establish that something isn't a nerf is to somehow establish that the change doesn't make the altered thing worse.
Being knocked out of stealth when stunned IS a nerf. So is not being able to restalk someone and being slightly easier to detect (not easier to find, easier to do the mechanical action called detecting). And the stalk rate addon nerf is certainly a nerf.
The fact that there is a reason behind the nerfs is simply irrelevant to if they are nerfs or not.