Shapeshifter power
It is logical to think we will have a Shapeshifter killer in future, if you simply follow the power the rest of the killers have, a Shapeshifter will be just an hybrid between the Pig and the Wraith
Features:
- When cloacked has the appeareance of a surv
- Surv mode advantages: no terror radius, hability to un-do gens in progress, hide in lockers for head-on attack, open chests to destroy its items, fix hooks being sabotaged, un-deploy pallets and steal dropped items to be destroyed
- Surv mode disadvantages: speed like Nurse, red eyes visible from short distance & cant attack
- Perks: red eyes visibility (even removed), ultra rare (surv mode can attack in deep wound only), surv customization (characters to choose), and similar ones like the Wraith (speed/noise in transition from monster to surv and viceversa)
- Killer mode: terror radius, can attack with a whip (mid range attack through deployed pallet is possible)
Regarding the development, devs have already done most of the work in design, excluding the first person skins (hands visualization)
I think the next Shapesifter is cooked with that features! dont you guys think?
Comments
I like the creativity of it, the whip sounds like a nice weapon. But if I had to change something I'd make the red eyes normal to truely blend in. Also I was thinking since survivors heads will turn when on gens the killer could attack after looking at a survior while working on a gen together after 5 seconds or so an maybe during this time the eyes could turn red.
Problem is SWF teams would easily be able to identify the disguised Killer and neuter any element of surprise.
That reply was so expected, but not every match is going to be SWF, and what if an add-on or by default every time you switch you get a different surv skin? sure it needs some small rethink but the concept is pretty neat!
thanks @YamiTheFurry
Oh, also what would happen if the killer in survior mode was to "heal" someone?
thats a good question, I think if you are with another surv healing then is slower healing (so not become suspect), if it is just you then causes deep wound
and for the mori should be faking a healing like "hey I m here to help, give me your hand" and then asfixiate the surv with the whip around the neck
I had an idea for this once, I was thinking a Lycan that could randomly shapeshift into one of the Survivor in game and will even appear holding the same items as them.
Killers are already incredibly pressured for time. If you put in a power like that, you'd nearly never have time to do any of those things.
I didn't say it would happen every match, but remember how people complained how Ghostface's power was too easily hard countered by OoO, even though it's silly to assume you'll see it THAT often? Same thing, only it's not even a specific anything that they need to equip. If they play in a team and use comms, it is too easy to just out the disguised Killer and render their power effectively useless.
the opposite... just copy/paste/reuse code, fast development
I will give you an example, in SWF they can also report where is the pig crouched, right? not the same issue but improved
same as the pig crouched
The point is that the unregulated ability to have third-party voice comms means that just playing as this Killer has a random but still realistic chance of you having no power during any given game.