The problem with the MoM nerf.

I sometimes get completely random protection hits and whenever I take a hit sometimes I don’t get a protection hit. (You can also get a protection hit while you’re hooked.)

Comments

  • I sometimes get completely random protection hits and whenever I take a hit sometimes I don’t get a protection hit.

    The conditions to earn a protection should be as follows:

    1. There must be a survivor within 8 meters from you.
    2. That survivor can not be downed or hooked.
    3. Take damage from the killer when you're not hooked.


  • I thought it was taking a hit when the killer is chasing someone else and you get hit (whether it's actual protection or not).

  • @NMCKE I agree, @Peanits this would be a good fix for protection hits.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/68779/the-problem-with-the-mom-nerf

    The conditions to earn a protection should be as follows:

    1. There must be a survivor within 8 meters from you.
    2. That survivor can not be downed or hooked.
    3. Take damage from the killer when you're not hooked.

    Protection scoring is limited to the first survivor hit.

    This is why you sometimes won't get a stack when bodyblocking a hook.

  • @AetherBytes I sometimes get them without even getting hit so it is probably bugged.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    I thought it was taking a hit when the killer is chasing someone else and you get hit (whether it's actual protection or not).

    @AetherBytes

    Apply your idea to my idea and we should have a good protection detection system!

  • @Visionmaker but why do I randomly get a protection hit?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/68779/the-problem-with-the-mom-nerf

    The conditions to earn a protection should be as follows:

    1. There must be a survivor within 8 meters from you.
    2. That survivor can not be downed or hooked.
    3. Take damage from the killer when you're not hooked.

    I dunno, sometimes you heal someone from dying because you took a hit. That should still be protection.

  • I have the same issue. I never understand protection hits since they seem bugged.

  • it sounds like less of a problem with the mettle nerf itself and more of a problem of protection hit detection

    it's been wonky for a long time so hopefully they put some effort into fixing how they work too

  • Yeah protection detection is messed up.

    There's time where I stand right next to an injured survivor (at the gate for example), the killer walks up and hits me and I get no stack for WGLF. The only way that genuinely seems 100% consistent is taking a hit while the killer is carrying someone.