Double BP Weekends Highlight the Frustration of SWF in DBD
I get SWF and I enjoy playing the game with my friends, but as a Killer SWF games can be completely unejoyable with 4 flashlight spams and constant body blocks compounded with out of game voice chat via Discord allowing for a steam roll against the Killer. Sure some Killer Players have all the amazing perks unlocked and are P3 with every Very Rare Perk allowing them to combat SWF but not everyone does, and having to go against a coordinated SWF group is just a sisyphean task in frustration. Why are there still not two modes in the game? One for playing for fun with SWF and killers having access to all perks (similar to kill your friends) and then a REAL ranked mode where SWF is not allowed and it's about playing the game how the team originally meant for it to be played with relying on teammates you don't know.
Now I know some of you might be thinking "well that'll destroy queue times" but I disagree with that. There are going to be people that will want to play killers that they are not the best without touching their Rank or Ranked Status, I mean look at Overwatch, people still play unranked there because they don't want to damage their rank when trying out new characters or working on mechanics. Also give players a reason to play Ranked or Unranked, possibly limited edition skins that can only be acquired via Ranked or skins of small cosmetics for doing achievements that would be easier in Unranked. This gives a reason for players to want to go into Ranked or Unranked.
I'm sure many people will disagree with me and that's fine but sometimes these back to back to back games of SWF and toxic teabagging after flashlights on all sides makes me not want to play the game as it's not enjoyable.
Comments
I hate SWF. It literally breaks the game. No love for killers these days. That 4:1 ratio exists here in the forums as well. 4 people crying our for hard counters to everything and killer nerfs and 1 person against. It's inevitable the route this game is on. 4 Killers and 1 Idiot.
Considering how long ques take right now I think despite what you said, que times would spike.
Nobody mentioned noed or adrenaline.
Yeah, I learned my lesson last double BP weekend. Going survivor-only this time and I'm getting 30k-50k per game, and instant queues. About 5-10 mins. per game, that's about 2 matches finished in the time it takes to get one lobby filled as killer, so I'm ending up with 3 matches finished to 1 match as killer... averages out to about 120k BP in about 20-30 mins. Not half bad, considering you get to keep your sanity, as well... even running solo, it's not that bad at all. Yeah, there have been a very small handful of hardcore chaos killers looking to make life hell, but ~BAM~ queue right back up and in a new one in no time. Even those camping/tunneling games are bringing in at least 10k, so even a quick 2-3 minute camping game is easy to overlook in the grand scope of the weekend.
Definitely better than the hardcore sanity-degrading, soul-crushing games one gets on killer right now with squads that have been circle-yanking over this moment and storing up items, add-ons, and offerings since the announcement. Geez, I can't really blame the killers for coming in hot and prepared for pure war... I remember it well. Ta' hell with that this time.
Get in. Get 'er done. Get those BP. On to the next match instantly. Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil, grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?
Lmao of course their is gonna be plenty of swf, that is why I stopped playing killer for the weekend. All you see are tryhard swf, can't beat em join em.
getting a four SWF destroyer lobby is pretty rare for me.
But, getting a full SWF is quite chalenging.
There are a lot of casual SWFs, that just came to play with each other,
I know, that getting SWF might be frustrating.
But there is a lot of counters for flashing, B-blocks and etc.
Simply drop a survivor if you see hard B-block, and go for blocking survivors
For flashlights, just face the wall.
Tbh, i play both sides)
flashlights are the most counterable item in the game
if you're having issues with them it's 100% your fault
Drop a survivor so you can go loop his buddies for more distraction from gens? Makes sense.
Also, pretty hard to face a wall if you down a survivor out in the open, away from anything you can face. Why do people act like you're always next to a wall?
you don't need to face a wall
bait the pickup and then chase the person coming for the FL save
even suddenly turning around and picking up makes getting a save extremely hard with how the timing is now
Bait the pick up.
Also they waste some time picking their mate up.
I really think you are on to something. Whenever my friends play SWF, it’s all about having fun. We wouldn’t mind a separate feature. This would also help against SWF-teams who intentionally use ghost accounts to verse lower ranks.
I’ve been talking about a non-ranked mode since I started playing. I would love to try different builds and mess around with new killers.
As Behaviour seems to be in it for the long run, coupled with the fact that the player base is slowly growing, I don’t see how the number of players could be an issue. 3-man teams may have a hard time finding lobbies, but I guess you could make something to work around that.