The Entity's Auto-Sacrifice should be applied to more events

Now I'm not saying 'if Bloodlust 3 is gained then make it auto-kill the Survivor', nothing like that at all. The Entity's ability to intervene in the trials in more ways is generally surprising, and usually welcome. Originally we had the Entity block windows after Survivors pass over it multiple times. Then we had Blood Warden where the Entity completely blocks the gates and prevents Survivors from escaping. And then we got Spirit Fury where the Entity literally destroys a pallet when the Killer gets hit by it. Afterwards, we got the Entity completely blocking generators for a period of time with Corrupt Intervention.

Now, we have the End Game Collapse - the Entity has gone so far in its intervention, or grown so much in power, that it can now immediately kill Survivors and devour them without a problem. It has been proven that when the Entity is pissed, hungry, or strong enough, it can completely end a trial and kill Survivors instantly.

There are more events, though, where the Entity's ability to kill would be much better than what they currently are. I have three;


1. AFK

Instead of making crows float over an idle Survivor's head and spam notifications, put an AoE area denial around the Survivor, and a timer. This is a thing that has been put in Deathgarden to stop Scavengers from camping in a bush for a long time, where a red detection field starts manifesting around the idle Scavenger and threatens to reveal them to the Hunter. If a Survivor does not exit the AoE, make the Entity immediately kill them by its own hand... claw... talon? Whatever. Or just keep the crows, but as soon as the threshold has been passed after 3 crows, then the Entity auto-kills. It stops the Killer from having to walk over there in an active game where the other 3 Survivors may be doing stuff, just to shut up that notification spam.


2. Disconnecting

When a Survivor disconnects, they just fall on the ground and their body shifts to the 'Killed by Trapper's Hand' position. Instead of doing this, make the Entity auto-kill the Survivor when they disconnect, and award Sacrifice points then and there rather than Brutality post-match. Killers need Sacrifice to be awarded for disconnecting Survivors, not Brutality. Brutality is the singular easiest score event to get as Killer, while Sacrifice is (somewhat) the hardest, the equivalent to Survival on the Survivors' side, as Killers need to hook Survivors multiple times to max out their category instead of one-hook-killing them.


3. Bleed Out

When Survivors bleed out, they assume 'Killed by Trapper's Hand' position and Deviousness is awarded for the score event 'Death'. Instead of making them just die on the spot, make the Entity finish them off and award Sacrifice. There is already a secondary animation for the Entity's EGC kill when a Survivor is bleeding out, in which they are impaled through the abdomen through the front, instead of through their back, so why not make this happen as well?



There may be more events where the Entity's auto-kill could be applied, such as entering out-of-bounds areas or places outside of the Killer's reach. Maybe this could be applied to those places down the line as well. I'm sure many others would like to see more of the Entity's intervention in the game, and this seems like a good step in the right direction.

Comments

  • Dude I freaking love this idea

    1. No
    2. Sure why not it would look cool
    3. This could have additional animation (although i don't see the point, they just bled out lol) but it shouldnt award sacrifice
    4. (4) most out-of-bounds areas or exploits get fixed. Also wdym we have a lot of Entity Intervention already!
  • Agreed to all.

    1. No
    2. No
    3. No

    Thanks for your attention.

  • @Pizzaman said:

    1. No
    2. No
    3. No

    Thanks for your attention.

    Why tho?

  • I wouldn't mind. Way better then just plainly dying. And it'd make sense Lore wise, I think.

  • The first one, I gotta' say that I'm not crazy about. Sometimes things come up and someone has to run out just before a game starts. It would suck to be automatically killed. I know you could end up getting hooked twice and sacrificed while you're away, but at least you've got a chance to come back and recover from it. On the other hand, if you're the killer, having them be automatically sacrificed means you can't use them to get your BBQ stack (or whatever other perks you might be using, like devour hope).

    The other two I wouldn't mind. It seems pretty harmless.

  • @Peanits said:

    The first one, I gotta' say that I'm not crazy about. Some time things come up and someone has to run out just before a game starts. It would suck to be automatically killed. I know you could end up getting hooked twice and sacrificed while you're away, but at least you've got a chance to come back and recover from it. On the other hand, if you're the killer, having them be automatically sacrificed means you can't use them to get your BBQ stack (or whatever other perks you might be using, like devour hope).

    The other two I wouldn't mind. It seems pretty harmless.

    Good point. First one is definitely a no when you think about it.

  • 1. No they should just visual show a crow notification without sound at that point.

    2.) Yes, why not? They faceplant and eat the ground anyway. Make dcing interesting at least. Would stop dc to prevent egc kill.

    3.) Yes some form but no for the sacrifice points.

  • Would the animation be like the End Game Collapse or something different? :D

    (And what if they DC being carried or in a locker?)

  • @Ember_Hunter said:

    Would the animation be like the End Game Collapse or something different? :D

    (And what if they DC being carried or in a locker?)

    I still like the floating mid-air hello style LOL

  • These are really nice, small changes that i'd love to see implimented

  • First one without the Kill part would be good

    Some survivors likes to hide too much, literally doing nothing, not doing gens etc

  • Yeah, I'm against the first one for the reasons Peanits stated. The other two I'd be fine with.

  • @Peanits said:

    The first one, I gotta' say that I'm not crazy about. Some time things come up and someone has to run out just before a game starts. It would suck to be automatically killed. I know you could end up getting hooked twice and sacrificed while you're away, but at least you've got a chance to come back and recover from it. On the other hand, if you're the killer, having them be automatically sacrificed means you can't use them to get your BBQ stack (or whatever other perks you might be using, like devour hope).

    The other two I wouldn't mind. It seems pretty harmless.

    @Peanits What are your thoughts on an ultra rare offering that allows the entity to kill all remaining survivors once the obsession has been sacrificed... or something like that but maybe more difficult to achieve.