This game would benefit greatly from a Quick Match and Ranked feature.
Title. I enjoy being at high ranks, but I hate how sweaty survivors are and how sweaty I have too be just too get a safety pip. If there was a Quick Match and Ranked options for play this could solve all of these issues. For fun, go too Quick Match where you would have SWF, get matched with people of any skill, and do whatever you want too do, such as farming, tea bagging, camping, etc. without loosing Pips or ranks. And Ranked would be where you have Solo only (Maybe 2 man SWF, but any more and it would be unfair IMO), high skill, hard Pipping requirements, and Meta's that work for winning and pipping, not for having fun and people should be punished in this mode for stuff like farming, camping, tunneling, tea bagging, trolling in general.
I don't see why this would be a bad thing for the games health, especially since it seems like the community is growing, and not everyone wants too play too be try hards for virtually no rewards except bragging rights for saying "I got too rank one, I am a pro!"
Comments
The game just peaked last free-weekend. If the numbers keep up, I'm hoping it'll help persuade them to do so.
I really just play for BPs often time that means I get ranked up faster than I'd like, getting stuck in the red ranks where the only options are 1. play only the meta killers so that you actually can catch the survivors and have the survivors tell you that you'rea tryhard and that you should just #########. 2. play whatever you like and not getting any BBQ stacks by the time they gen rush you and stomp you, while the survivors are being rude to you in the chat telling you you're worthless. 3. they'd be rude to you for no real legit reason.
This is actually about the exact same idea I was mentioning and I agree it's the best option for handling SWF. A 2 man SWF in the ranked mode is fine and gives them a little more flexibility.
I hope they do this.
Guys, I pitched this idea 2 years ago on the Steam Forums and it got nearly 5000 comments and is still going. Dave Richard has seen it. I've talked to @not_Queen about it.
They arent interested in doing this. I really don't see why it's a bad idea. If it doesn't work they can just revert the changes. They change Killers eventually. I don't see what the harm in trying this for a single season to see how it plays out.
I do not agree with this idea.
All the sweaty survivors will be in Quick Match, while all the sweaty killers will be Ranked.
This kind of separate game mode doesn't work in a severely imbalanced asymmetrical game like this. That's why the Devs don't do it, 3 years later.
Basically killers are still going to have hell in Quick Match, Survivors are still going to have hell in Ranked.
I don’t think so. Sure you’ll always get the sweaty killer in Quick Match, and the bad survivors in Ranked, but I think with this system most who would want too be competitive would have a place, and those that don’t want too be competitive have a place as well. Right now it’s just a jumbled mess of “low ranks is for fun, high ranks is for try harding” and it’s just a bad system. Could you imagine if a game like Overwatch, or LoL, or any PvP game had this system in it? It would fall apart. The devs should implement it for the QoL that they want too add. And it seems a lot of people want it as well so I see no reason too not have it done, or at least test it in the PTB, hell that’s why it’s there, too test ideas and see if it sticks.
The game doesn't have enough players to sustain two separate modes. And to be blunt, a lot of killers would only pick the anti-SWF mode.