Asymmetrical in theory not in practice

DBD is supposed to be a asymmetrical horror title supposedly however its not really horror as the power role has been hurt by the fact it has little power. Nurse,Billy,Huntress being the exceptions here because they do have power in the chase and can down easily. However a true power role has actual stakes like you get caught by the killer you should be in deep ######### and I don't wanna hear well its casual. It can be casual and asymmetrical but as the power role isn't exactly powerful besides maybe 3-4 killers it begs the question is the power role only in name but for those few killers that stand a chance. All killers should be a threat and all survivors should have the tools to get away and survive them but with all the perks the power role has been further degraded. MoM will still be powerful even though its been nerfed just pair it will BT and there you go. Killers who aren't nurse,billy,huntress shouldn't have to run spirit fury,endring just to be half way decent at being a threat of any kind. All killers should be threats not just 3 or 4 of them if perked up right with powerful add on's. Ghost face being the latest example of outright sucking and even with minor buffs will still be a very impractical killer because he wasn't designed well and his power is survivor dependent. Myers is survivor dependent as well but he is much stronger because his base kit is actually good and Ghost face isn't good because his base kit is cucked by both perks and general game design. Players wanna do well with more then just billy,nurse,huntress :) having only three viable isn't good.

Comments

  • Spirit is viable and better than Huntress.

    I don't disagree with your overall point, but the fact you think Huntress is part of the top 3 rather than Spirit...... makes me doubt your game knowledge.

  • @Vlieger said:

    Spirit is viable and better than Huntress.

    I don't disagree with your overall point, but the fact you think Huntress is part of the top 3 rather than Spirit...... makes me doubt your game knowledge.

    I agree that Base Spirit is better than Base Huntress. But Iridescent Heads on Huntress, well...that's a whole different can of worms.

  • I think of spirit and huntress on a similar level obviously spirit has mind games but those are hit and miss.

  • @sorrowen said:

    I think of spirit and huntress on a similar level obviously spirit has mind games but those are hit and miss.

    Yeah, very true especially if Survs are running perks that make it extremely hard to read where they have gone while you are phasing with Spirit, such as Iron Will, Calm Spirit, Urban Evasion, etc.

  • Spirit is top 4 though for sure again small number of killers out of how many now?

  • @sorrowen said:

    Spirit is top 4 though for sure again small number of killers out of how many now?

    Exactly, you can count the number of actually viable killers there are on one hand. It isn't good enough. I can't see why "fun" killers are being spewed out when the high ranking killers will only ever use those 3/4 killers out the whole roster. There needs to be some positive QoL changes made sooner rather than later (I don't like reworks lol).

  • @BeanieBoyBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511777#Comment_511777

    Exactly, you can count the number of actually viable killers there are on one hand. It isn't good enough. I can't see why "fun" killers are being spewed out when the high ranking killers will only ever use those 3/4 killers out the whole roster. There needs to be some positive QoL changes made sooner rather than later (I don't like reworks lol).

    Fun was never a good reason because it changes from view point to view point its a impractical design philosophy. Billy is both fun and strong why can't other killers be like that?

  • @sorrowen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511783#Comment_511783

    Fun was never a good reason because it changes from view point to view point its a impractical design philosophy. Billy is both fun and strong why can't other killers be like that?

    Billy is the one killer I play the most simply because of that reason. I just wish there was more thought put out into developing these killers as being balanced but viable for all ranks of gameplay.

  • What's up with the title? The post doesn't make any points involving the game not being asymmetrical

  • The power role has plenty of power.

    It's just YOU that has no power. In other words, get good.

  • @Mochan said:

    The power role has plenty of power.

    It's just YOU that has no power. In other words, get good.

    Power of just playing four viable killers? that is rather limiting is it not? also get good doesn't mean ######### in a game with a skill cap as low as DBD's. I've played all the hardest killers so I don't wanna hear this get f&*$% good bullshit again.