Some issues with recent killers

The video is focused on Ghostface but it dips into a few other killers and points in general about the games killers.

I think Ghostface is much worse than he does but he makes some really good points about killers issues in general.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iFIVMAiOho

Comments

  • +100. The devs should absolutely watch this video in its entirety. I agree with just about everything he says. One clarification I would add regarding Freddy: make no mistake, the reason he is getting reworked is not because he is underpowered and killers complained. It's because survivors didn't find him fun to play against.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    +100. The devs should absolutely watch this video in its entirety. I agree with just about everything he says. One clarification I would add regarding Freddy: make no mistake, the reason he is getting reworked is not because he is underpowered and killers complained. It's because survivors didn't find him fun to play against.

    And I think that’s what has me worried the most. After the travesty that is Ghostface and how they specifically mentioned alarm clocks and how vsing him right now was a struggle, I have absolutely no hope he will be anywhere near the Thanos memes. I love Freddy, but I have been down this road before with Symmetra and I refuse to get invested and heartbroken again.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    +100. The devs should absolutely watch this video in its entirety. I agree with just about everything he says. One clarification I would add regarding Freddy: make no mistake, the reason he is getting reworked is not because he is underpowered and killers complained. It's because survivors didn't find him fun to play against.

    They’re reworking him because people thought he was weak. Stop blaming survivors for everything.

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511054#Comment_511054

    And I think that’s what has me worried the most. After the travesty that is Ghostface and how they specifically mentioned alarm clocks and how vsing him right now was a struggle, I have absolutely no hope he will be anywhere near the Thanos memes. I love Freddy, but I have been down this road before with Symmetra and I refuse to get invested and heartbroken again.

    Pretty much. The answer is right in front of us, unfortunately. The Plague could have been a fluke. But then this version of Ghostface made it all the way to PTB (two weeks from release). Twice is a definite pattern and design philosophy. And that philosophy seems to be "We want survivors to be in control". Legion was reworked within 6 months and is still low tier. The Plague sounded good on paper until we read the fine print about cleansing and post PTB tweaks. Ghostface sounded ok on paper until we got 30 seconds into the trial and realized how hilariously restricted his stealth and stalking are. Freddy rework? Sounds ok on paper, but there's a pattern here.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511054#Comment_511054

    They’re reworking him because people thought he was weak. Stop blaming survivors for everything.

    You're forgetting how he became so weak in the first place.

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511110#Comment_511110

    You're forgetting how he became so weak in the first place.

    I haven’t forgotten but that isn’t why they’re reworking him.

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/511054#Comment_511054

    And I think that’s what has me worried the most. After the travesty that is Ghostface and how they specifically mentioned alarm clocks and how vsing him right now was a struggle, I have absolutely no hope he will be anywhere near the Thanos memes. I love Freddy, but I have been down this road before with Symmetra and I refuse to get invested and heartbroken again.

    But Symmetra is amazing now. Memey, but great.

  • I'm really tired of the devs putting the killers power in the survivors hands. Because if thats the case, the survivors are not going to let the killer use it. Both the plague and ghostface and even to an extent legion, require the survivors to allow the killer to use thier power. And thats just EXCEPTIONALLY bad design. I thought for awhile the devs where getting better about this, especially after the spirit, but they obviously have learned nothing.