How high is "too high"?
Ping I mean.
I usually back out of a lobby if survivors are above 170ms or have huge fluctuations (80ms ^ 250ms, and back down).
Ping I mean.
I usually back out of a lobby if survivors are above 170ms or have huge fluctuations (80ms ^ 250ms, and back down).
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Red ping is too high for me.
I will play any match if it is under the red.
As I live next to a Farm, far from an exchange, with a internet hogging brother...
(If you don't know this meme, shame on you)
250 is about my limit. I've played matches as high as 350, but in those I tend to get hit mid-vault or through pallets. Also, @Cetren is absolutely right in saying that stability is more important than absolute ping. If the ping is jumping back and forth in the lobby, you're likely to get lag spikes in-game.
200 and lower. 150-200 only if it is really stable though. Have to watch as it does jump up/down when Killers are checking Profiles. It's when it's fluctuating 40-50 either direction for an extended period (10 seconds or more) that I will leave no matter what it is reading. Tells me the connection is unstable and I'll be getting those lovely teleports.
What he said. But stable ping is better overall. Rather stable and high than erratic and low but the best is a stable low ping.
Dedicated Servers, btw
OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
420ms.....
i can't take red ping, even if it's only one, i ain't struggling for one guy who's from china whose region switching