The Problem with Ghost Face
Introduction
Hello everyone once again. Today, we'll be discussing the up coming Killer known as Ghost Face from the Scream movie franchise.
A lot of things will be said, and some suggested changes will be put in as well. For how he is, most of these changes will just be about the power itself, not so much for the perks as they're useful in their own respective areas on different killers. For now though, lets get right into it.
Ghost Faces Perks
For this piece, we'll be listing each individual perk and giving a little description of its usefulness from a sort of... opinionated view.
- Furtive Chase (You become obsessed with one Survivor. You lurk in the shadows, eliminating your victims one by one. When your obsession is hooked, the perk receives a token, up to a maximum of 2/3/4 tokens. Each token decreases your Terror Radius by 4 meters while in a chase. When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from the hook, the rescuer becomes the Obsession. You lose all your tokens if the Obsession is Sacrificed or Killed.)
An interesting perk in itself, while it has barely any practicality on Ghost Face himself, it can be useful for him when combined with the power in itself. It can allow for some clever trickery when chasing someone and while in said chase you could possible hear someone on a Generator. Given this information, you can follow the person you chase and double back while activating the power to go and grab the other Survivor off the Gen. (Or use the power on them to insta-down them.) Ultimately though, it is situational on him for the time being.
The power in itself, is useful for Killers like Myers, Pig, Killers with low Terror Radius's or Killers like The Pig Or Ghost Face with ability's to decrease their Terror Radius to 0.
- Thrilling Tremors (After picking up a Survivor, all Generators not being repaired by the Survivors are blocked by The Entity and cannot be repaired for the next 16 seconds. Affected Generators are highlighted by a white aura. Thrilling Tremors can only be triggered once every 100/80/60 seconds.)
This perk is actually quite useful, how the meta stands at this current time it actually poses some use in counteracting it. Right now, gen rushing is very common especially in the high ranks given that there is no second objective. So as a result, this perk actually keeps Survivors with the idea that getting off a Generator will waste time on completing it if someone is downed.
The reason its so useful, is every second in this game counts. So this perk, especially on top tier Killers, would pose as very useful to Killers like Billy and Nurse. It can also be used as a sense of tracking where Survivor(s) are, since any Generator not highlighted in white when this is active will give the Killer the sense that a Survivor is there. Its not as good as tracking when it comes to BBQ and Chili, but with its combined ability to stop Generators that're not being repaired for 16 seconds... it can pose quite a threat indeed...
- I'm All Ears (Unlocks the potential in one's aura reading ability. Any Survivor performing a rushed action outside of your Terror Radius will have their aura revealed to you for 6 seconds. I'm All Ears can only be triggered every 60/50/40 seconds.)
This perk is incredible useful for Killers with very low to no Terror Radius like Myers, Pig, Spirit, Hag, Etc. This perk is especially useful on Myers as his Tier l with Monitor & Abuse gives him a 0 Terror Radius. For Myers, this perk could be very meta as his Terror Radius in Tier l and Tier ll are very low. So as a result, you'll always be aware of whats happening on the map.
For killers like Pig, you can use this by crouching and having 0 Terror Radius to be aware of all actions happening like Generator repair, vaulting, etc. The perks useful properties are only good when it comes to Generator repair, but I digress... It can pose a serious threat when put into action with these Killers.
Now lets get into...Ghost Faces power...
Ghost Faces power
Before anyone says it, yes i'm already aware of the issue that happens with Survivors cameras. I'm fully aware, and have had it happen first hand in the PTB. I know this isn't how its supposed to work, and will expect it to be fixed in the future.
But that's not what we're discussing, what we ARE discussing is the powers practicality especially in the current meta. For me, the power is unique, to be blunt, its a worse version of Myers power... But a more advanced version of Pigs crouching.
While I love grabbing people off Generators with Myers, I can see this power having the same properties with it, seeing as when active the power reduces Ghost Faces Terror Radius to 0. In this time, you can move around freely and crouch as a normal pace. This makes it more scary than Myers Tier l, since the mobility is still there while the Terror Radius itself is reduced to 0.
But we do have issues, the power itself when going on the side of stalking is quite bad. You need to have a fair amount of time to stalk on someone to give them the exposed statues effect before you can engage. And if they see you before then, its basically useless. The powers gauge depletion when not stalking a Survivor is also a problem.
Now before we get confused, there are two gauges. The powers gauge, and the Survivors ring gauge when you stalk them. I'm talking about the Survivors ring gauge, THAT gauge should never deplete unless you hit them out of the use of his power. Having it deplete makes it basically worthless as it's hard enough to stalk a Survivor without being detected. Nobody in the PTB has really effectively used his exposed effect yet without being seen, and that's mainly because of the current bug with the camera.
Suggestions
But in practical use, that part of his power is mainly useless because of this. For the most part, you'll gain power but usually get found before you finish. As a result, either the ring gauge for the Survivors should not deplete when you're not stalking OR the base time for stalking a Survivor should be reduced to make it more practical.
The range is fine for the most part, but some tweaking with the cameras and how he is detected need to be changed as it makes the power borderline worthless except for pocket stealthing.
Some add-ons are also sub-par, like the Outdoor Security Camera since one of his perks already has the point of this add-on on lock down. Possible change it to something else? Maybe charge rate increase or something? And the ones that give depletion should be changed IF the Survivors circle Gauge is changed to what was suggested above.
The detection should definitely be fixed especially on big maps with open spaces, it should not have you be detected for example THROUGH CORN like 30 meters away... All these things should be taken into account, cause right now "stealth" isn't really Ghost Faces department at the moment when it should be...
Also, I've had people see me through a rock or a wall, and it still hits me and deactivates the power. I have no idea if that's cause of the bug or what, but the power should be linked to the Survivor seeing you in the open with the camera, not the camera by itself. It makes this literally impossible to stalk anyone...
Conclusion
I can see Ghost Face being Mid to Top Tier (if his power is buffed.) and would expect him to be very fun to play, but as he stands... Hes mostly Mid Tier. I understand the meme where "We don't make OP killers, we make fun killers" and its understandable in some regard... But having that mentality will only reduce the devs to making sub-par to bad Killers as a result.
On paper, the power seems OP. In reality with the current meta, it's not. With some changes from the community's feedback and further testing... I can see you guys getting a solid result without going out of the realm of your current idea for the Killers you make.
For now though, we'll have to see what happens. (Also PS. the PTB wait times for the killer is broken... plz fix)
See you guys in the fog.

Comments
Changed some things btw for context, some new sections were added.
If anyone doesn't read it cause its "too long" well that's on you I guess...
I like how he plays, he does fit my playstyle however tweaks need to be made for stalking. I can see this person being one of my mains.
Honestly, if the camera is fixed he could be my top 3 used.
How it stands though, its pretty bad considering if you look in the direction he's in the power turns off...
I'm All Ears is NOT suddenly good because some killers have lower a terror radius. There is still almost NO circumstance where someone will rush an action outside the radius.
On the topic of Pig, her TR doesn't drop to 0 instantly. If you're crouching long enough for them to not hear your heartbeat, AND they can rush an action, they're already miles from you. Above about rank 10 everyone at least EXPECTS Pig to try to mind game a loop and are far more likely to run away from the loop than around it, let alone keep fast vaulting.
It's an abysmal perk.
For location detection its good, it depends honestly in the scenario as well.
Its more situational than anything and its the blacksheep of the two perks, from my understanding Fast Vaulting, Gen explosion, anything that gives a marker for something happening is where they are is rushing an action.
With that being said, someone like doctor could benefit from this with a no gen build which can make survivors rush actions and blow generators up. Outside of him, I can agree that it has no real practical use.
I made a thread in the PTB feedback about Thrilling Tremors discussing the cooldown and how it hurts the perk. The cooldown has to be 30 seconds and or change the requirement to hooking a Survivor instead of picking them up.
Anyway, this is a good thread about him, very respectful and thought out pointing out the positives and acknowledging the negatives. Despite the bug and the weird spotting mechanic I do feel that Ghost can be powerful and really fun to play. I still want to play as him and scare people because I love stealthy Killers and he looks amazing, even though his Devil outfit is an eyesore I'm still getting it because hell yeah.
My only real criticism besides everything else is his P3 not being bloody, you can say it's for balance reasons and I'll say ######### you. You can say Funworld said no and I'll say they have their own bloody version of the mask on the market so ######### you again.
Honestly, if they don't fix the camera (Which they will 100% cause it makes the killer basically worthless) then the killer will be Low-Tier.
But since they ARE, we'll see what ends up of him as most of his add-ons (Literally all) can't be used cause you can just detect him through rocks and walls cause of the camera...
How is it the first day of the ptb and they leave this huge bug in the build.... it's not good first impressions
No its not, it makes it hard for me to actually give a better analysis because his power gets turned off from people seeing you 30 meters away behind a rock.
The I'm all ears perk works with his obsession perk and other perks that remove the terror radius. In a chase you can still be out of the TR so on myers or other killers that have a low TR or no TR in a chase the perk can be useful. Even on 24 meter killers if you use his obsession perk and have 4 stacks they only have a 8 meter TR or you can use tinkerer and see were people go after a vault while in a chase. I'm not saying its a good perk but paired with a few other perks it will activate more times than people think. However they really should remove or lower its timer, there is no good reason for it to be there.
Yes on killers like Myers this is a god sent.
Its not like a OP meta perk, but paired with others it can be scary.
Lets be honest they will probably at least fix the the bug and then leave that 1 sec spot time as is to keep him "fun"
In most scenarios that makes him useless... His power is the core of him, remove that and hes just a M1 killer...
Just wanted to point this out, for what it's worth. I went on the DBD Twitter, and the DBD Steam forum, and even the people on there are complaining. In other words, everyone is extremely unhappy , and VERY rightfully so. And this is all on the FIRST day of the ptb for crying out loud. At this point, if the developers don't fix Ghostface , they're complete fools. It would be idiotic to leave Ghostface as is. Suffice to say...I have hope..I expect changes.
I mean... if everyone and anyone is complaining then i'm like 110% sure it'll get fixed...
And like with most PTBs there is always changes, this isn't the final release.
@Peanits Can you move this to the right section? I forgot to mention that and... I don't usually give PTB feedback so I didn't know where it was ha ha...
@FireHazard
"Nobody in the PTB has really effectively used his exposed effect yet without being seen"
I don't know man, I've seen some sweet jumps, one being my own (Stalked a gen near completion from a jungle gym, then rushed as I stalked, downing a survivor and hitting the other),but it definitely needsa buff.
@AetherBytes I said effectively, as in consistent. One time isn't effectively...