MYERS new mechanic: back to EW1

So, Myers is one of my favorite killers to play and as soon MoM got changed I will pick up on him again.

However, I feel like myers is missing the ability to go back to EW1 and be a sneaky jumpscare killer.

Imo, u as killer should be able to go back to EW1 by pressing E (or whatever second action button) from EW2. When doing so, Myers should have 3/4 (numbers can be tweaked, just an idea) of the EW1 bar filled up so it doesn't take ultra long to stalk yourself up to EW2.

And eventually the "missing 1/4" of the stalk u "through away" would come back after beeing hitting EW2 again. So after reaching EW2 it would be immediately filled up with 1/4 of the bar.

What's your opinion? This would really change how myers gets played, would be really fun.

Comments

  • Sounds interesting . I believe his scratched mirror add on keeps him in tier 1, so there's that. I can see this being a great mechanic on Lery's institute . On larger maps however, with the reduced movement speed and lunge, it would be quite a hinderence. I think what we really need is an add on that removes his red stain in tier 2. That way, by using monitor and abuse, you'll have the default tier 1 terror radius of 8 meters, PLUS the benefits of tier 2's faster speed and lunge, the best of both worlds. It may be too op, however... I'm sure many a survivor main would say. This coming from a Myers main, by the way.

  • @TheShape78 said:

    Sounds interesting . I believe his scratched mirror add on keeps him in tier 1, so there's that. I can see this being a great mechanic on Lery's institute . On larger maps however, with the reduced movement speed and lunge, it would be quite a hinderence. I think what we really need is an add on that removes his red stain in tier 2. That way, by using monitor and abuse, you'll have the default tier 1 terror radius of 8 meters, PLUS the benefits of tier 2's faster speed and lunge, the best of both worlds. It may be too op, however... I'm sure many a survivor main would say. This coming from a Myers main, by the way.

    Well it would be an option and u can always decide to use it or not u know

  • Yeah I hate that I cant back to EW1. I need to use mirror if I want to stay in EW1, or use Rabbit so I can be sneaky in EW2.

  • Tf did i just read?

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 an idea to go back to EW1 whenever you want

  • @Milo said:

    @OGlilSPOOK20 an idea to go back to EW1 whenever you want

    You mean slow moving, no range swinging, easy to run around ew1 Myers?

    Who tf would want that? If you want to sneak up on people without them running away just use M&A, Tinkier or even Dead Rabbit or Scratched Mirror.

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/505783#Comment_505783

    You mean slow moving, no range swinging, easy to run around ew1 Myers?

    Who tf would want that? If you want to sneak up on people without them running away just use M&A, Tinkier or even Dead Rabbit or Scratched Mirror.

    Imagine u don't need M and A, Tinkerer, dead rabbit or scratched mirror but myers has this in his basekit like pig crouching. Yeah, how stupid of me to think this is a good idea to spice myers up, we should let myers how he is. Totally. So terrible of me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Interesting idea but I'd tweak it a little. At base, Myers can stalk survivors with no limits so he can go back to EW1 as much as he wants, and the downside to that is how much time you'll be wasting stalking and having to walk around with 105% ms. I don't think this'll mess with anything balance wise because Myers can already stalk a near infinite amount in an average game with no add ons. Though with fragrant tuft or tombstone the limit for each survivor should return to avoid being able to get it off one survivor.

    Yeah that's why I made the suggestion of 3/4 and 1/4, at the end of the day u wouldn't lose stalk, u r just shifting it from EW2 to EW1 and back to EW2

  • It would be a good idea if you didn’t have to stalk again to recover what you lost tiering down and could activate it at will, I mean you did already work for that tier, this would make it more useful to close in on a LOS blocked gen then tier up if you need a chase, the 3/4 does cover this but you’d be giving a head start while you re-tier and would only be useful if they slightly increased the base amount of stalk in each survivor to cover this choice of tiering (correct me if I’ve misunderstood your idea please).

    I get why you’d want this because it restores his stealth and surprise factor and a good part/option with his power that typically gets ignored, especially if not in a chase, but at this point in the match it’s likely someone has seen you/heard the tiering notification, all survivors will likely be paying more attention and I’d honestly rather the current M&A/dead rabbit combo with J Myers memorial to play with 2-3 tiering as needed than adding the complication of tier 1-2-3 tiering again with situational benefit. As you said though it’s an option, and would make closed in maps interesting but wouldn’t find much use on an open map, interesting idea though.