Is matching with a low rank SFW is abuse of the matchmaking system?

I would understand a 2 man sfw woth different ranks, but a 4 man with 3 purple ranks and one rank 19 against a rank 13 seems... A little cheesy.


Would you guys consider a situation like this a blatant abuse of the matchmaking system?

Comments

  • Not really, what if I have two survivor main friends with me and my last friend only plays killer but decides he wants to play survivor with us. Sometimes it can be (Smurf account) but if Iโ€™m just playing with friends then no.

  • I've heard some say this is actually a thing, that if the lowest rank survivor hosts the SWF lobby there's an increased chance they'll get a lower rank killer, might be complete bs though based on me being rank 8 a while ago and my friend being rank 10 and making the SWF lobby to test it out and we got a rank 3... ๐Ÿ˜‚ we swap regularly too and it makes no difference. It's probably just the game trying to "balance" the ranks, like when I got a 2 man SWF as rank 12 killer, one was a rank 15 and the other a rank 2... ๐Ÿ˜“ It is complete cheese though, especially a 4 man...

  • @GrootDude said:

    Not really, what if I have two survivor main friends with me and my last friend only plays killer but decides he wants to play survivor with us. Sometimes it can be (Smurf account) but if Iโ€™m just playing with friends then no.

    This is a valid point though. Not all do it with the intention of abuse (some do though)

  • @GrootDude said:

    Not really, what if I have two survivor main friends with me and my last friend only plays killer but decides he wants to play survivor with us. Sometimes it can be (Smurf account) but if Iโ€™m just playing with friends then no.

    I do know what you mean, when I play with my friends, we're all over the place with rank.

    But some teams just seem a little too coincidental. Three rank 6's paired with a rank 19? THAT seems a little suspicious. Especially if they act extremely toxic after game.

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/499546#Comment_499546

    I do know what you mean, when I play with my friends, we're all over the place with rank.

    But some teams just seem a little too coincidental. Three rank 6's paired with a rank 19? THAT seems a little suspicious. Especially if they act extremely toxic after game.

    I also said that some people make smurf accounts.