Killer Lobby Prep is Toxic
It needs to be removed. ALL lobby prep needs to be removed. No chat for survivors, no killers looking at survivors.
As a Claudette Main I feel this all too keenly. If more than two people show up as Claudette with a brown shirt, you can already count on the killers going:
* Iridescent King Doctor
* Pink Hatchet Huntress
* Mother Prayer Spirit
* Mirror Myers
* Two Box Pig
* Ebony Mori
Over the long time playing I noticed that when this happens I get a lot of killers opting for sweaty builds when I play Claudette. Far more than if I'm playing Dwight or Feng Min or David. It's discrimination at its worst, and it happens because the lobby enables it.
And worse, Claudette always brings out the worst in killers, they tend to tunnel you for some reason. Even if you're not doing any of the "Toxic" things killers hate... like endless looping or flashlighting.
It seriously needs to be fixed.
Thus far at least it lets me go, "Bring it!" and challenge myself, but it's really just sad that it even happens.
Comments
Every time i get put up vs a nurse, I use it as an opportunity to get better at playing vs nurse. mindgames, LoS breaking, stealth.
Every time i get put up vs a claudette, i practice my squinting and trying to hear practically non-existant footsteps over the blaring music.
@Mochan
You forgot all seeing wraith =p
The best killer of them all!
Survivor side:
A black person with black hair and dark clothes in a dark horror game.
Killer side:
Red laser eyes.
Yeah sure, in any other game majority can't identify themselves as a black person and play white character, but in dbd out the mindset changes out of the sudden.
If I would have to say a number I would say 90% of the Claudette players just picked her cuz if the camouflage and not because they like her and can identify to her.
Everytime you put up vs claudette you have the chance of get better eyes
i thought she wasn a botanist, not an optometrist. guess i need to git gud at the lore or something
You do know that some accessibility issues are less about git gud as they are, well, proper game design... right?
Have you actually tried playing nurse on mid to high ranks?
Bumping this cuz I've been lurking for a while.
This is a really new lobby design that should be considered.
Mirror Myers is toxic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTSuvFtsbgQAny time I see an immersed P3 Claudette join the lobby with a key or a map I will always bring franklins and I will always try to kill them first. I do this because majority of these players literally hide the entire game, don't work on gens, dont save others. They literally just try to hatch escape every game.
I would rather let the other survivors who aren't afraid to play the game live then to allow that Claudette her escape.