Please don't forget about the casual swf

I see constant callouts these days for the "rebalancing" of swf squads, however all I ask is that the devs keep in mind the regular swf's, the normal people who just want to play their favourite game with their buddies. I understand that in some ways a coordinated team of 4 vs 1 can be incredibly hard if not impossible to verse. But also understand that playing alone becomes the exact opposite sometimes, along with the fact that there are players out there not looking to bully and simply just wanting to play

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk rant

A casual swf user :)

Comments

  • I mean when I play Survivor I generally play with one other person. We're both not amazing survivors, but we can pull out some wins. I do think something needs to be done about SWF though. You have information you shouldn't if someone else does have information. If for example one person has Alert, it's as if all 4 have Alert. If all of you have perks that complement SWF that could be up to 16 potential perks for one person.

  • I don't forget about them. They also still get access to info that they aren't supposed to have.

    Unless you are telling me you wilfully ignore when someone calls out the location of a totem and start naturally checking places until you find it yourself?

    Or don't start checking tall grass before you find out the killer is a Trapper on your own?

    I could go on.

  • As a killer main, I'd love to see SWF's nerfed, but I play SWF with my friend sometimes, since he knows next to nothing, and it would be unfair to nerf someone who's new, as well as his friend trying to teach him.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    I don't forget about them. They also still get access to info that they aren't supposed to have.

    Unless you are telling me you wilfully ignore when someone calls out the location of a totem and start naturally checking places until you find it yourself?

    Or don't start checking tall grass before you find out the killer is a Trapper on your own?

    I could go on.

    Not hard to find these things out anyway, it's not like casual SWF sways drastically in advantage like Tryhard SWF does.


    Don't be such a nit picker lol

  • Almost all of the suggestions revolve around reducing the gap between survive with friends and solo survivors, or rewarding the killer more for playing against SWF.

    I don't know that I've ever seen anything about punishing or making SWF harder, just providing more basic information to solo (like base kit kindred or a totem counter) or providing higher bloodpoints per stacked survivor.

    Either way "casual" swf or not you still do gain most of the advantages of it, like knowing when you can just sit on a gen despite not seeing the killer, cos your teammate says they're in a chase etc.

  • Well, if you're a true casual, just wanting to have fun with friends, you won't care about winning or losing. So you're gonna have to accept the losses that come when you go up against people who aren't playing casually.

  • I see constant callouts these days for the "rebalancing" of swf squads, however all I ask is that the devs keep in mind the regular swf's, the normal people who just want to play their favourite game with their buddies.

    Did i read it right!? Are you a CASUAL!?

    Did you really said that on public? OMG i would be ashamed, thats almost like losing against Legion! Duuuude!

    483wnl2r1kdf.png


  • Other games aren't balanced for casual players, and that for a reason. Also casual players don't mind that the game they're playing isn't balanced for them and that they wouldn't have a chance winning against a very good player.

  • I've been playing SWF with @Orion a couple of times lately. We're old-school Survivors, relying on our juking and stealth skills to lose the Killer and I would consider ourselves a casual SWF when we play; we do not strive to win every trial, no matter what it takes. However, even as a casual SWF, playing in SWF and chatting with one another gives us a big advantage over the Solos. We both know who the Killer is as soon as one of us spots them. We know where the Killer is for a good part of the game, if just one of us remains somewhat close to them or sees them across the Map. If I get my stacks of Aftercare, Orion'll know the whereabouts of the other Survivors too, but without having to run the Perk himself. If one of us is injured, we know where the other one is to go for a heal. We can time completing the last gen with the other waiting at the Exit Gate switch, we can coordinate rescue attempts, etc., etc.

    Yes, some of the information can be obtained as randoms with the help of Perks, but that's exactly the point: SWF do not need those Perks and can instead run other, stronger ones. And let's not forget all the information one can provide to their SWF buddies if they are dead: there is no Perk for the spectator mode and the amount of information you can relay over this is immensely advantageous as you can switch between multiple direct POVs.

    Of course, if we'd play without chatting, all that wouldn't be possible and we'd just be like a bunch of randoms that happened to join in the same lobby, but then we'd ignore the reality of things: most SWF play in voice chats and do get those advantages.

    The difference I see between casual and tryhards, is how much those advantages are taken advantage off, however, even as casual SWFs, we're quite a bit stronger than complete randoms and already noticeably diminish the Killer's chances at winning the trial (winning here being getting as many sacrifices as possible).

  • @Orion said:

    Well, if you're a true casual, just wanting to have fun with friends, you won't care about winning or losing. So you're gonna have to accept the losses that come when you go up against people who aren't playing casually.

    That's not so much what I'm saying though haha. I completely accept my losses and move on every time. What I'm concerned about is that with the overwhelming pressure to "nerf" survive with friends "bully squads", that genuine people playing to have fun are going to get nerfed in the process. Some of the nerf ideas I've seen are way to much (limiting perks to either none or a single perk etc, taking away items etc) and while I doubt the devs will add any of these, I fear they might be pressured in the future into doing so which is why I made my post haha.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/493469#Comment_493469

    That's not so much what I'm saying though haha. I completely accept my losses and move on every time. What I'm concerned about is that with the overwhelming pressure to "nerf" survive with friends "bully squads", that genuine people playing to have fun are going to get nerfed in the process. Some of the nerf ideas I've seen are way to much (limiting perks to either none or a single perk etc, taking away items etc) and while I doubt the devs will add any of these, I fear they might be pressured in the future into doing so which is why I made my post haha.

    Well, yeah. The same thing happened to the Legion. However, the devs aren't going to nerf SWF because it's not mechanically possible to take away what gives SWF their advantage - voice chat.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/493525#Comment_493525

    Well, yeah. The same thing happened to the Legion. However, the devs aren't going to nerf SWF because it's not mechanically possible to take away what gives SWF their advantage - voice chat.

    True true, (Same thing happened to nightmare upon release didn't it as well?) im just more worried they'll attempt to overcompensate for an external advantage that they don't really have control over. i 100% agree that swf needs some tweaking though. especially to make it more fair for solo players.