So I’m new to Nurse....

I’ve decided to try to improve my Nurse skills over the past few matches, because I am decidedly terrible at using this killer and never gave her much time. I play on PS4 and have previously found it so difficult I would always cancel her rituals for something else.

Anyway...... after some concerted effort at improving, I’m actually getting a bit better! But there’s one major frustration I need to ask about (and no, it’s not the fact that several survivors have disconnected against a potato like me just cuz I’m using Nurse.)

Why does she get stuck on so many walls? I point in the direction where I want to pass through a wall, I charge up the blink power, and then I get a face full of bricks and have gone essentially nowhere! It’s especially frustrating when I get several seconds staring at the wall, followed by several seconds staring at the ground during the fatigue phase.

Comments

  • I had the same experience while learning her, it seems inconsistent, you can hold the blink for the same time but sometimes on certain parts of the map it just seems that she gets stuck (teleport/stun but no distance). @TreemanXD you played console nurse right? Did you experience this?

  • I played the nurse for a daily yesterday and noticed the same thing on xbox.

    I'm curious as well although I didn't find her fun I also was playing her at lvl 1 with no addons.

  • it really depends on the layers of the walls and the area there are certain areas that are glitched for nurse and can make it so she blinks like 0 meters that is more rare though. You have to hold the blink for a second or two if it is just 1 layer you can't just press the button and expect to phase through. More layers of walls means more time blinking the water tower on macmillan is a great example.

  • @Kiskashi Not commonly in my experience.

  • The Nurse has a weird mechanic when her blink would put you into the wall. If you charge your blink into the wall or any other object, instead of behind it, you will be always put infront of it. Always. So unless you are very confident with your blinks, you always want to overcharge a tiny bit, to avoid getting stuck on them.

  • Also, the Nurse cant blink through the procedurally generated hills, but only ontop of them. Furthermore she cant traverse the boundaries of the map, even if your blink would put you back in the map. Irregularly shaped maps like Azarov's, Suffocation Pit, or Groaning Storehouse for example.

  • These are called, "Dead Zones" since you can't blink pass them. It was really bad in the old days, and some maps like Léry's, you had to bloodlust loops as a Nurse because your blink wouldn't work.

  • Get some tape and tape your eyelids open because I hear if you can win without blinking as the Nurse you are a God.

  • If you would blink into a object instead of past it your blink gets canceled pretty much.