That way, Killers will be able to adjust their loadout and are enabled to put on their best add-ons facing groups.
yes this would be wonderful idk about 3 idc cause I don't dodge as killer personally but 1 and 2 I agree with I've been accused of swf by the killer so many times it's funny so it works both ways.
yes this would be wonderful idk about 3 idc cause I don't dodge as killer personally but 1 and 2 I agree with I've been accused of swf by the killer so many times it's funny so it works both ways.
yes this would be wonderful idk about 3 idc cause I don't dodge as killer personally but 1 and 2 I agree with I've been accused of swf by the killer so many times it's funny so it works both ways.
YES! That way I can put on better add ons if I see it is swf.
The problem with adding restrictions to SWF is the fact that you start punishing people who simply want to play with their friends. Toxicity is bound to happen and is not exclusive to people who play SWF.
The best solution to SWF is just to properly balance the other aspects of the game like fixing up broken maps and making more killers viable to have different tools that will help them gain an edge over coordinated groups.
SWF is not the problem, good survivors are. Anyone can abuse survivors mechanics if they're good enough -- I've done so with random people a lot, since you can pretty much just write "I'll gen rush" in the pre-game chat.
SWF wouldn't be a problem if the game weren't survivor sided (don't get me wrong, I'm a survivor main), but balancing an asymmetrical game isn't an easy task, and I think we should be grateful that BHVR is doing their best.
Sorry I prioritize not getting bullied by people with an unfair advantage thanks to a third party program so 4 people can stroke their e-peens.
Even bribing me with more blood points wouldn't make me want to play against a 4-man SWF.
Bully squads are rare, but 90% of the time a SWF group is toxic. Either T-bagging the entire time, insulting you in post-game chat, or just disconnecting to give a friend the hatch, etc.
First, you are intended to use your best addons and offerings. 4/5 times, you will destroy teams with an ebony, meta perks, and two ultra rares/very rares. If you don't, then honestly, you're either tilted or not very good.
Second, no one wants to play versus SWF. The point is to force you to, in exchange for being prepared for them.
Besides, I bet you can't even tell who's SWF when you dodge. If they're really tryhard, they'd just hide their profiles.
Just make swf visible in lobby. Also we should be able to tell apart 2 groups of 2 from 4man.
Killers will use basic stuff on randos and iridescents on 4man groups.
Every problem solved this way.
Edit: Also queue should be back and the more person dodges (killer or surv) the longer his next waiting time.
@Banshee Its swf and communication that is problem. Its basically free kindred and unlimited Bond for entire team. That's 8 more slots for perks like borrowed, ds, deliverance per trial.
This is game about time management and taking risks based on lack of info (go for save ore not? Is it stealth killer?). Swf or kindred breaks that completely and make genrush really easy with no real risks.
Lobbydodging should be penalized anyway. Killers are not only Lobbydodging because of SWF. Sometimes it is one brown Medkit with brown Add-Ons... Or even paid cosmetics. Yeah, sorry for supporting the game you play.
Personally, I would go for a BP-Bonus for Killers. BP-Bonus for Survivors for not bringing items is kinda meh, most of the Survivors dont bring Items anyway and not every SWF is a Squad with Insta-Heals and Flashlights.
Also the Killer should be able to see afterwards if they faced a SWF or not. Not before. I think then some Killers will see that they did not lose to a 4 man SWF but to 4 Solo players... Especially those guys who go against 4 man SWF "every game".
Sorry I prioritize not getting bullied by people with an unfair advantage thanks to a third party program so 4 people can stroke their e-peens.
Even bribing me with more blood points wouldn't make me want to play against a 4-man SWF.
Bully squads are rare, but 90% of the time a SWF group is toxic. Either T-bagging the entire time, insulting you in post-game chat, or just disconnecting to give a friend the hatch, etc.
@Sairek that's simply not true. They're rare, and what's rarer are the tryhards. Most SWF groups are just that, groups of friends playing for fun, probably getting caught on an unhook, etc. Its the randoms that usually teabag and taunt when theyve managed to win without being an actual group. They feel like they're better because they did it "as a solo" so they want to really rub it in.
For the former, what would prevent me from queuing up solo at the same time as my friends and leaving if we don't get in the same lobby, like the beta? I can see the intention, but it if there's a group out there that's committed to take full advantage of it, they will. At the same time, it would be discouraging for casual groups of friends who just want to hang out and play some games.
Both of these changes are completely meaningless. They do nothing to address the problem whatsoever.
Even without items the SWF are still broken and most of us couldn't care less about extra blood points. We want fun games, not to be rewarded for playing unfun games.
My sister moved across the country last summer, and one of things we still do together is chill and play some swf. DbD as it is now can already be stressful, and tbh adding restrictions to swf would probably cause us to move on to a new game. I wouldn’t 100% quit the game, but I’m not playing to stress too hard and sweat. This is what’s we ended up doing last week after getting dodged, I kid you not, seven games in a row. I think a lot of players feel the same way, and I think the stats back me up too. 4 man swf only have a 50% survival rate, which seems accurate because I still regularly get demolished while playing with friends.
People that are toxic will be toxic. Not saying it's ok, but this is a pvp setting, you are bound to have players (especially those that are winning) try to trigger the other side regardless of the reason behind it.
Taking away items is not a solution to stop toxicity. Also, what about the non-toxic players who play SWF? They should be punished for someone acting toxic? I don't think so.
Just do your best to have fun and move on to the next match if you don't. There is no guarantee that you won't find toxic people as (again) this is a pvp setting.
First, you are intended to use your best addons and offerings.
No, I do not destroy them. I main Huntress. Wanna know what happens when I use Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt + a Mori? 4/5 times. everyone DCs. I get nothing but maybe 6~8K blood points, and lose everything else. Also get yelled at in post game chat. The flaming in post game chat happens 5/5 times. Therefore, I don't use them.
Why bother using such add-ons if I'm just going to lose them for nothing and waste my time? May as well dodge. They sure as ######### dodge me when they figure out that they don't like what they're playing against. It's wrong when killers do it, but a lot of survivors seem to justify it when they do it in the middle of the match.
Most people don't want to play versus SWF, because it's immensely unpleasant. It's not enjoyable being 4 people's punching bag, whether it be in real life or in a video game.
I don't care to be 4 peoples' punching bag and I have the right to avoid that, just like survivors have the right to dodge the killer's lobby when the ping looks like they're playing with someone on the moon which would otherwise be an unreasonably difficult match for them.
No, I cannot tell which SWFs I dodge. I also don't care. As I said, 4/5's of the SWFs I've gone up against have been nothing but bad experiences, for all the reasons I listed and it doesn't matter if they're a bully squad or not. I never said that all SWFs are toxic. I said most are, based on my own experiences with them. That's why I avoid them.
Why in the ######### would I ever want to risk subjecting myself to that? Why would I ever want to entertain people like that? Why would I want to go up against this:
As a killer even at low ranks? For what? Pride? A challenge? No thanks. I have more respect for myself and my mental health than that.
If that makes me a coward, or a filthy casual, or a killer that's just seeking 'easy prey', then so ######### be it I guess. However, as someone who has been intensely bullied in school as a little kid to the point that the police had to be involved and my mental health had gotten so deteriorated that even now as a teenager, I've still not fully recovered from the abuse despite it being a number of years later. Anyone who just says 'ignore it' or 'grow a thick skin', seriously doesn't comprehend or been seriously bullied or harassed in such a way in their life.
You can't always just ignore it. But you can avoid it. And that's what I do.
This thread is more sad proof that too many people think casual gameplay should be the basis for balance rather than optimal gameplay. Which wouldn't be so problematic if Behavior themselves weren't on the same mindset.
Saying we should balance against people who aren't trying instead of people playing at optimal capacity follows a faulty line of logic.
The biggest complaint I hear about SWF is how it affects rank, ponts, etc. Some of us give no $#!%$ about that stuff and just wanna play a game. I'd be happy to have that option. Pure solo that doesn't affect pips, rank, leveling up etc.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Option 2:
That way, Killers will be able to adjust their loadout and are enabled to put on their best add-ons facing groups.
yes this would be wonderful idk about 3 idc cause I don't dodge as killer personally but 1 and 2 I agree with I've been accused of swf by the killer so many times it's funny so it works both ways.
@KillermainBTWm8
I would dodge SWF like no tomorrow if I knew they were SWF in lobby and there was no drawback.
Some people prioritize fun/easy games over BP.
YES! That way I can put on better add ons if I see it is swf.
The problem with adding restrictions to SWF is the fact that you start punishing people who simply want to play with their friends. Toxicity is bound to happen and is not exclusive to people who play SWF.
The best solution to SWF is just to properly balance the other aspects of the game like fixing up broken maps and making more killers viable to have different tools that will help them gain an edge over coordinated groups.
SWF is not the problem, good survivors are. Anyone can abuse survivors mechanics if they're good enough -- I've done so with random people a lot, since you can pretty much just write "I'll gen rush" in the pre-game chat.
SWF wouldn't be a problem if the game weren't survivor sided (don't get me wrong, I'm a survivor main), but balancing an asymmetrical game isn't an easy task, and I think we should be grateful that BHVR is doing their best.
First, you are intended to use your best addons and offerings. 4/5 times, you will destroy teams with an ebony, meta perks, and two ultra rares/very rares. If you don't, then honestly, you're either tilted or not very good.
Second, no one wants to play versus SWF. The point is to force you to, in exchange for being prepared for them.
Besides, I bet you can't even tell who's SWF when you dodge. If they're really tryhard, they'd just hide their profiles.
Just make swf visible in lobby. Also we should be able to tell apart 2 groups of 2 from 4man.
Killers will use basic stuff on randos and iridescents on 4man groups.
Every problem solved this way.
Edit: Also queue should be back and the more person dodges (killer or surv) the longer his next waiting time.
@Banshee Its swf and communication that is problem. Its basically free kindred and unlimited Bond for entire team. That's 8 more slots for perks like borrowed, ds, deliverance per trial.
This is game about time management and taking risks based on lack of info (go for save ore not? Is it stealth killer?). Swf or kindred breaks that completely and make genrush really easy with no real risks.
Best solution:
Give solo players all the infos SWF players have via interfaces (SWF also have these informations)
Give killers blood point bonuses after the game
Or even better, buff killers.
Yes /\.... the idea is to bring solo to the level of SWF and then buff killers after... this is what bhvr is trying to do
Lobbydodging should be penalized anyway. Killers are not only Lobbydodging because of SWF. Sometimes it is one brown Medkit with brown Add-Ons... Or even paid cosmetics. Yeah, sorry for supporting the game you play.
Personally, I would go for a BP-Bonus for Killers. BP-Bonus for Survivors for not bringing items is kinda meh, most of the Survivors dont bring Items anyway and not every SWF is a Squad with Insta-Heals and Flashlights.
Also the Killer should be able to see afterwards if they faced a SWF or not. Not before. I think then some Killers will see that they did not lose to a 4 man SWF but to 4 Solo players... Especially those guys who go against 4 man SWF "every game".
@Sairek that's simply not true. They're rare, and what's rarer are the tryhards. Most SWF groups are just that, groups of friends playing for fun, probably getting caught on an unhook, etc. Its the randoms that usually teabag and taunt when theyve managed to win without being an actual group. They feel like they're better because they did it "as a solo" so they want to really rub it in.
For the former, what would prevent me from queuing up solo at the same time as my friends and leaving if we don't get in the same lobby, like the beta? I can see the intention, but it if there's a group out there that's committed to take full advantage of it, they will. At the same time, it would be discouraging for casual groups of friends who just want to hang out and play some games.
Both of these changes are completely meaningless. They do nothing to address the problem whatsoever.
Even without items the SWF are still broken and most of us couldn't care less about extra blood points. We want fun games, not to be rewarded for playing unfun games.
Lmao, number 1 is very irrelevant.
Even if they couldn't bring in items, they'll all just use Shiny Coin as a offering and/or use Plunder's to get good items.
So that solution makes no sense at all.
Option 3: Git gud
My sister moved across the country last summer, and one of things we still do together is chill and play some swf. DbD as it is now can already be stressful, and tbh adding restrictions to swf would probably cause us to move on to a new game. I wouldn’t 100% quit the game, but I’m not playing to stress too hard and sweat. This is what’s we ended up doing last week after getting dodged, I kid you not, seven games in a row. I think a lot of players feel the same way, and I think the stats back me up too. 4 man swf only have a 50% survival rate, which seems accurate because I still regularly get demolished while playing with friends.
I still say just make a sound explosion at location of the mic input.
So what about toxic Non-SWF?
People that are toxic will be toxic. Not saying it's ok, but this is a pvp setting, you are bound to have players (especially those that are winning) try to trigger the other side regardless of the reason behind it.
Taking away items is not a solution to stop toxicity. Also, what about the non-toxic players who play SWF? They should be punished for someone acting toxic? I don't think so.
Just do your best to have fun and move on to the next match if you don't. There is no guarantee that you won't find toxic people as (again) this is a pvp setting.
@Sairek
Okay. That's not a balance issue, but I'll amend my suggestion then:
Option 2:
This thread is more sad proof that too many people think casual gameplay should be the basis for balance rather than optimal gameplay. Which wouldn't be so problematic if Behavior themselves weren't on the same mindset.
Saying we should balance against people who aren't trying instead of people playing at optimal capacity follows a faulty line of logic.
The biggest complaint I hear about SWF is how it affects rank, ponts, etc. Some of us give no $#!%$ about that stuff and just wanna play a game. I'd be happy to have that option. Pure solo that doesn't affect pips, rank, leveling up etc.