Headaches w nurse
Hello, i am unsuccessfully trying to learn nurse.
I always go vanilla w add ons, but have been running BBQ, nurses calling, m&a and bloodhound.
I know the missed blinks and being constsntly blinking and getting stuck into a hillside will get easier, but My main issues are motion sickness with the constant dropping of the head. Is there anything in game to negate this effect? Otherwise there's just the constant losing people, even with bloodhound. They just seem to have too long to get away and are then gone!
I'm not so fussed with Ruin, but could really do with any thing that may assist with administering medication!
Thanks!
Comments
This isn’t why I can never even try to learn nurse, that head bob and the noise for more than a fewgames would give me the worst headache
First of all, hey.
Would be a very long comment, if i´d write all down, what i´m thinkin bout.
If u want, u can add me on steam (same nick as here) and we can talk & practice KYF. Havin bout 1,5 k hours, most of the time as killer (specially Nurse and Billy). German speakin, but able to talk fluent english ^^.
Shadow Born can help with the motion sickness. m&a may be better than it, but if your getting sick playing her you're better off with Shadow.
I'd advice against using MnA if you're using Nurse, due to the constantly shrinking/increasing FoV. I also suffer from Motion sickness with Nurse and Shadowborn has helped me a lot.
Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the responses! M&a is coming out and Shadowborn in. I may have to give Whispers a go, but what to lose? @MarksmanSpecal ill see how I go, but if you see a request from Quality Parsnips, its me!
Thanks again!
I've been trying to master Nurse for a loooong time. I recently improved my skills from garbage to mediocre. Most important suggestion I have for you is this: try to get them with your first blink. With the second (or third, etc), that tiny increase on fatigue time may just be what survivors need to get away, especially in corn.
Other have mentioned it already, but to give you the hard numbers. Nurse has a base fatigue time of 2s. Every time you blink you add 0.5(half a second) to the fatigue. The maximum without addons that increase her fatigue is 4s even. Pocket Watch addon can give you a decreased fatigue time. The decrease is 14% which gives you 1.72s fatigue for one blink and 2.15s for 2 blinks.
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Sally_Smithson#Power_TriviaThe gamepedia wiki has a lot of useful information. I use it whenever I need to know numbers or effects. It's the official wiki as well so it stays up to date.
Wow,
i always use all blinks, just for the hell of it without realising! I willl conserve now if there's extra stun!
THANK YOU!!!
Monitor and abuse is god like with nurses calling, but for fov use shadowborn.
Couple of advices:
Your displayer isn't round, that means you see actually further on corners of your displayer when fatigued. Just slightly turn to the side and you should be able to track survivors.
Don't always swing, it increases fatigue aswell. If you are looking straight forward after blink and cannot see survivors feet (without shadowborn) they are most likely in range for lunge.
Use shadowborn or not. No in betweens. Decide and stick to it. Taking it on and off will really mess with your eye to hand coordination.
You don't always have to blink for a hit.
When looking for victims don't just blink straight. Try slightly zigzag (but don't overdo it), its way harder to hide if nurse does that.
If you downed someone and see another target withing your range its worth to slug in most cases.
If you struggle with locker jukes try iron maiden. Actually every Legion perk works wonders on Nurse.
If you are using addons, combine them in a way that they don't have downsides to not mess with your muscle memory.
If you blinked and started to charge next blink, you can cancel it for quick fatigue just by charging it for too long. Useful on rare ocasions.
@George_Soros I disagree about first blink: for me first blink in general direction of survivor ( not too long, not too short. Medium range blink in case of jukes unless they are really far away) followed by second, precise blink. Works the best for me. Of course if you managed to land perfect first blink go for a hit.
You don't always have to blink through walls. Sometimes do it, sometimes blink arround corners. Every survivor plays differently, its your job to dynamically adjust to their juking styles and be unpredictible.
Bbq, sloppy, m&a, nurses is one of her better builds (Hags too). Try it.
When you start feeling her don't be afraid of experimenting: going silly addons, perks or risky hits and blinks. Making mistakes is part of learning and things that work for other players might actually not work for you.
Don't use ruin, it makes killers soft over time. Take devour, make your choice or whispers in this spot and you will improve over time.
Dead hard. Sometimes you can bait it by blinking on top and not hitting. If they wasted it you have easy time with short fatigue. You can also strike instantly (slightly before you appear), dead hard works with delay and it catches many survivors off guard, especially with faster travel time. It does require precision tho! Every nurse handle dh differently.
For me nurse is exhausting, don't get discouraged tho, take a rest if you need or play someone else, remember you are here to have fun. Happy hunting fellow bloodhound of The Entity.
Ps: Ardetha has great guide on Nurse, easy to find on YouTube.