I'm Bearing this Enormous Agony for Already a Month
Located in China, 8 in 10 match making will be red ping as a survivor
And
As a killer, the situation is more complecate.
At the very first, it will soon come in several survivors, but both of them are in red ping.
Then they will leave my lobby.
After a long waiting, those yellow ping or green ones then would come in.
What was wrong with the matching system?
When will the dedicated servers been introduced?
Comments
You're being matched with your fellow Chinese players, who are all playing DbD inside a McDonalds restaurant.
You're assuming that dedicated servers will solve everything.
Well, it largely depends on your location too. If you live in Xinjiang, you may have trouble finding people to play with in a reasonable distance. I'm sure in big urban areas like Beijing or Shantou or whatever, where there are solid internet connections and a huge population, it's much easier.
In which part of China do you live?
I'm sure that it is the fault of the matching system.
it seems changed to area priority other than ping priority.
In another words it will match players in whole Asia in a queue despite their ping.
There is no cure for this. You live in China, until you overthrow your government you are never going to play good online outside of China. The Great Firewall of China has to go.
It also means the playerbase for the game is dwindling. The reason you are getting people from other parts of Asia, is because there aren't enough people in your region of China to play with.
I doubt that BHVR is going to release China-dedicated servers -- they probably need to jump through hoops with the government to do that. I hear they need to apply for some kind of license to do it. Too much of a hassle for a company like BHVR. That means you'll have to do that VPN thing to connect to foreign servers that you have to deal with in China.
I'm often matched with people from China or Korea myself. It's a hassle, but it just means there aren't enough local players. I also play with Aussies all the time.
Guangzhou, you may know it as a city cross a brook from Hongkong, So I'm sure that is not the case dude.
Come on, swallow your discrimination back plz.
First, as far as I know,the dedicated servers are not yet been settled.In another words,DBD is still an LAN game, you entered my lobby then it means you got permission through the National Firewall, in reverse, I also have played several rounds with killers in other countries with green ping as a survivor.
Second,the ping would always be fine at morning or forenoon time, but it goes worse at afternoon and even worse in the night. So it is not that there not be enough players at local but too many players out of local in a queue, besides, DBD is once the hottest game,not one of them, on Chinese streaming websites, even CSGO or LOL cant match DBD, will there be lack of players?
Third, this situation comes out of recent matching adjustments,before that, it goes well, no matter Chinese or players from other Asia countries, they may always be green ping in general.
@zaozaoxx
Jeez there are some toxic replies happening here....
Sucks to hear you have to play with such terrible ping. Hopefully dedicated servers will reduce that, but will have to wait and see. Dedicated servers are supposed to be coming in the 3rd quarter of this year.
Off topic: Is the new law in China to ban blood/gambling/etc in video games affecting DBD at all? I've tried researching it a bit but can't tell if it affects already released games or only new games entering the market. If it is new games, how does it work for DLCs like what DBD has?
Ahh, it is hard to say, I can only tell that the admesurements is just can be in vast differences. Cauz we don't have grade system.
But I'm sure there would not be a strict ban for any video games. Even DBD is just not permited to be brodcast on streaming sites, but can still upload videos about it on those sites like YouTube.
I think they just would not like to have it propagated and advertized in public because they treat it as a thing not possitive and unhealthy. But it is not illegal.
@Peanits can there be a Dev to help me with my trouble?
I think my topic and those replies supplied enough informations to get you found the problems.