Whispers
Should whispers ignore the survivors on the hooks? Imo it kinda should since it's really confusing whether or not there's people in the proximity of the hook. It should still ignore people in the lockers tho.
Tagged:
Mod
Should whispers ignore the survivors on the hooks? Imo it kinda should since it's really confusing whether or not there's people in the proximity of the hook. It should still ignore people in the lockers tho.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No it shouldn't - If it ignored hooked survivors, you know exactly if people are around the hook, ready to save. But yes, it should ignore surv in lockers.
i disagree cause that would just make the killers want to camp even more no wonder your asking about it
survivors in lockers i can agree with
I'm okay with it detecting survivors on the hook. I could go either way with it, really. But I'm totally okay with it now, where if you have one or two people on hooks it's a little less reliable than it normally would be. It's like it decreases in power the better you're doing at the time.
For lockers, while as a stealth player I would love that, I can also see why that might cause problems if someone just decides to play musical lockers for thirty minutes. Whispers would normally tip you off to their location, but if they were immune in lockers, you would have no way to tell. You're still screwed without it in that case anyway though, so again, I could go either way.
Simple solution: don't camp as survivor!
There are cases where it would just cause a killer (who normally wouldn't camp) to camp if whispers went off. Say someone gets hooked, and I decide to go for the save. The killer leaves the hook because whispers isn't active. I get close, killer starts to come back, I hide. Now the killer sees that whispers is active, knows someone's nearby, and decides to camp to prevent an unhook.
Nobody's in the wrong there. Survivor's just going for the save, not rushing the hook. Killer's just checking back in to see if anyone's going for the unhook, nobody expects them to leave when they know a survivor is there now. But now we've created a situation where someone is now camping because the perk tells them someone is coming for the unhook. On the other hand, if it showed hooked survivors, the killer wouldn't know if someone's close or if it's just showing the person on the hook, allowing someone to carefully sneak in and go for the save.
That´s the same situation survivors create by looping the killer around the hook, instead of running away from it. Seen a streamer who complained about a camping killer, while he himself was sitting near the hook without doing anything. He failed to see the irony.
I love this suggestion and would sacrifice my firstborn child to the Entity to see it through.
I guess you don´t plan on having children...
I don't like playing musical lockers when the last survivors left but at least with whispers I have a general location.
It's already hard enough as it is to find the survivor who's playing immersed and not doing anything. Whispers is great for finding the last survivor because it gives you a decent indication of the general location but not there exact position.
Meaning as a killer you just know to look around the area and as a survivor it's not accurate enough for it to reveal you, so you can still move around and stealth around it.