Should “Boldness” Be A Category?

Think about it from a lore perspective. You’ve just been transported to alternate dimension where a bloodthirsty killer and ever-famished Entity are trying to shove a metal hook through your shoulder. You hide, you help you buddies, you make progress toward escaping with you hide still attached to your bones..... Oh, can’t leave just yet! I still need to go shake my sauce in front of the crazed maniac!

I don’t know what a good alternative would be, but the idea of striving for boldness seems counter-intuitive.

Comments

  • Doesn't make sense from the Emblem perspective either:

    > Emblem is named Evader

    > Score is increased the most by being caught

  • That one line...why it was all going well reading this until I hit that line...😂

    Hmm, it doesn't make sense to strive for it lore wise (which is gameplay based), but it's rewarding merit in avoiding the killer in chase and destroying totems etc (as you do get points for escaping the chase etc). I think it does fit, but maybe not under the name of boldness. (boldness more so suits the striving for it due to game mechanics)

    Maybe bravery? Merit? Who knows, there's definitely a chance that even in Lore perspective a survivor would be found/chased at some point and it is desirable for a survivor to escape the chase and destroy the killers tools/traps i.e. totems/sabotaging (unlike tripping and dying in actual horror movies...) is this a stealth should be better included/more rewarded in evader hinting thread?

  • I see no issue with the lore. The survivors are as much the pawns of the entity as the killers are. It does not surprise me to think that the entity enjoys when the survivors taunt the killers and rewards them for it.... :D

  • Stealth should have more weight in the bold emblem, especially if you are evading a killer actively searching you (IE standing in his TR because you were on a gen he came to check and now you are hiding while he searches the area).

  • @Kiskashi lol I’m glad you got a kick out that!

    @Vlieger you make a good point, so it IS possible to redeem the lore, but it takes some work. The way I see it, the survivor’s only concern should be arriving back at the bonfire with a pulse, without caring much about what pleases the entity. A realistic survivor should strive to complete gens without ever being chased in the first place, though it makes sense to reward successful escapes from chases. What bothers me is that a survivor can do everything right to escape, but miss out on an entire category of points because they never caught the killer’s attention.

    @HectorBrando I agree. Making stealth a priority makes a lot more sense. Furthermore, this would still make sense when receiving rewards for escaping chases.