Getting sick of using ruin . discussion
Like the title suggests I'm really getting sick of having to use ruin and yes this is a discussion so let's try to keep the salt down to minimum.
Now that I got all that crap out of the way let's get to the real meat and potatoes of the matter.
Has a killer I won't lie I do have certain builds that don't require ruin. However that's a decent 10% the rest always includes ruin because I can't risk the generators being finished so quickly. Not to mention that on certain Killers like Michael or the trapper you need a little bit of momentum to get going. That being said unless the survivors are just outright stupid you're not going to have an easy win and you're going to have a very very quick game if you don't have ruin.
Now here is what I'm suggesting and no this is not a concrete idea whatsoever but I'm just spitballing here.
The survivors need an additional objective then just doing generators and opening a door. Yes, this has been said at least a hundred times and I'm a little upset I have to say it here but maybe after generators power at the need to find a switch of some sort or some sort of device that they need to interact with to finish.
Something like a circuit box of some sort. Or maybe they could go for Friday the 13th and have something that requires gas. I don't necessarily know but we need to add a second objective to slow the game down a little. It killer that is a prime example of this and I know that some of you will probably disagree but...
The pig is absolutely dangerous because of her ability to slow the game down. You can't deny that nobody really wants to die by those traps. Especially in Solo play. One trap can install the Survivor for at least a minute which is more than enough time to at least find another Survivor or do god-knows-what.
TLDR( even though this is a forum)
Add interesting objectives like the pigs reverse bear traps to Simply slow down games.
Now that I got all that crap out of the way let's get to the real meat and potatoes of the matter.
Has a killer I won't lie I do have certain builds that don't require ruin. However that's a decent 10% the rest always includes ruin because I can't risk the generators being finished so quickly. Not to mention that on certain Killers like Michael or the trapper you need a little bit of momentum to get going. That being said unless the survivors are just outright stupid you're not going to have an easy win and you're going to have a very very quick game if you don't have ruin.
Now here is what I'm suggesting and no this is not a concrete idea whatsoever but I'm just spitballing here.
The survivors need an additional objective then just doing generators and opening a door. Yes, this has been said at least a hundred times and I'm a little upset I have to say it here but maybe after generators power at the need to find a switch of some sort or some sort of device that they need to interact with to finish.
Something like a circuit box of some sort. Or maybe they could go for Friday the 13th and have something that requires gas. I don't necessarily know but we need to add a second objective to slow the game down a little. It killer that is a prime example of this and I know that some of you will probably disagree but...
The pig is absolutely dangerous because of her ability to slow the game down. You can't deny that nobody really wants to die by those traps. Especially in Solo play. One trap can install the Survivor for at least a minute which is more than enough time to at least find another Survivor or do god-knows-what.
TLDR( even though this is a forum)
Add interesting objectives like the pigs reverse bear traps to Simply slow down games.
Comments
The funny thing about Ruin is that isn't even a good perk. It relies on survivors being bad at skillchecks or not knowing that they can tap through it. And yet, you still need it. That's how broken the state of the game is right now.
Not just that but to make matters worse ruin can be found within the first minute of the match. I run small game when I'm with my friends and let me tell you we have found that totem in less than 30 seconds period in one game a killer out right Rage Quit because of it
I almost never pick ruin and I have decent amount of enjoyment when playing killer. killer players seem to think they need the crutch of Hex ruin to slow the game down and it does to some degree (unless found immediately) but by no means do you need it, just don't use it anymore?
The game forced all Killers to use Ruined, and yes it's a bad game design
Killers should not be forced to use Ruined, on High Rank games without ruined games can be done ridiculously quick, heavily depending on your luck and RNG
Even with Ruined on 4 gens are done with 2 hooks that haven't been destroyed at high rank
totems need a rework the locations and to be viable. or not tied to a totem at all. only a team of new dbd noobs who have no clue to look for a totem .... totems are useless i think without a rework for hexes
It's actually hilarious when hex totems spawn on top of hills, like little beacons saying "come and destroy me". They should fix that at the very least.
Otherwise it depends on the map really, totems are harder to find on some maps.
Which killer are you playing, and at what rank?
only good map for hiding totems is the game .... all other maps need to be like that or totems scrapped being tied to the power of hexes. because lets face it we all know hex totems are useless being broken instantly waste of a perk slot .... they should but will they idk doubt it but not much hope either tbh in the devs or faith lol
I'm not sure turning hex powers into always-on mode would be very balanced either. I feel there is no easy fix here.
their is an easy fix better locations or if its destroyed it switches to another totem not instantly just gone. had plenty of games where the totems spawned round the corner from me as a survivor instead of being where i would have to look for it. bloody ridiculous
No more pallet vacuum
New pallet mechanics requiring you to run through the pallet zone before you can drop it
Dramatic change to exhaustion perks that will radically alter chases and should in theory make them much shorter
Supposedly Dstrike aka Little Dick Perk will be nerfed
BNP getting nerfed
Less time chasing = more time pressuring = less gen rush
Are you stoned? we've had pallet vacuum removed for a while now LMAO.
My 2 cents.....I don't use it, at all, ever.
I refuse to use hex totems (for what it's worth) until the system is changed. I had a blast with them about 10 months ago. Seems no one was using them, so a lot of people forgot about them. Playing on Bunny Mom using Huntress Lullaby....it was awesome. I'd get 3 to 4 hooks before they finally found the totem. Of course, this was before the Devs decided to broadcast to survivors that there was indeed an active hex....and they needed to go looking for it.
Well, anyway....I don't use it, it's a waste. Killer or Survivor, hexes last less than 2 minutes, tops.
Part of me thinks that Killers should just get a totem perk that they can choose that's different from the other perks in their selection and that hex totems don't light up anymore (so players have to either focus all totems or keep tapping them to see which is active). I think if there is another objective, survivors will use more toolboxes to get gens done faster, then focus that objective. I honestly think the maps need to be fixed and downsized to help the killer narrow their focus. Part of it comes down to chasing, I see killers waste way too much time in a pallet loop when they can just smack a guy doing the generator.
or
I imagine something like the pigs boxes that require skill checks that have ruin on them and you have to hit them (the skill checks)and find the right box to kill the ruin perk.