Amanda nerf reasonings

When it came to the nerfs that Amanda was going to get they received quite a bit of backlash one of which being The Terror radius timer pause was reverted which I am really glad about however the endgame trap nerve still comes to me as a massive #########.

Granted they did explain the reasoning and why they didn't go with another route in the Dev stream which I can at least appreciate.

Even though I still personally don't agree with it as I still feel that slowing down the timer of the endgame collapse when someone has a bear trap is just better balance.

It still does annoying me that she got nothing to compensate for what she lost. Hell the fact they were planning on releasing both those nerfs changes with no compensation change really made me question some of the design decisions.

The main reason of making his post is because I am genuinely a bit annoyed by the lackluster reasoning. Which are so many questions somethings

1) Why wasn't the endgame collapse slow down with bear traps not tested in the ptb?

2) How come you guys didn't plan any compensation changes to balance out the nerf that you gave to her ? ( keep in mind there were two really big nerfs planned for before one got changed)

3) Do you guys plan on adding any compensation to her maybe to make a crouch and ambush more viable ?

4) With a serious benefit of her traps now heavily mitigated. Do you think it's possible you could work on some of her add-ons as the majority of them that revolve around traps are pretty useless ? ( well being honest the majority of them in general are bad or useless)

Video tape, Medical file and to a lesser extent Combat straps still pretty much outclass all the addons she has, including her very rare and ultra rares

5) You've stated before that you like the interesting play styles the community come up with however the changes to Amanda seems too heavily be forcing people to play one specific and rather boring playstyle.

Comments

  • there are a few people who actually still play lil miss piggy, and they can't have that sadly.

  • They wont change her if they didint nerf it alot of piggys will cheese alot for example patrol de boxes until she finds a survivor so no i agree with the devs and they went in the right track

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    They wont change her if they didint nerf it alot of piggys will cheese alot for example patrol de boxes until she finds a survivor so no i agree with the devs and they went in the right track

    You think they made the right call by removing an existing strategy from the game (delaying survivor's ability to exit through the use of her entirely RNG dependent power) in favor of the fact they didn't think it through with the EGC rollout? Multiple people have offered very good ideas to actually balance it and remove any abuse possibility from it, but "making the trap literally not function at all" is the best way to go?

    Also, I implore you, play mrs. piggles and try "just patroling boxes" and see how well you do. if you're lucky, you MIGHT get a kill. Might be tough with the game being over in 5 minutes or less tho.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    there are a few people who actually still play lil miss piggy, and they can't have that sadly.

    If you're someone like me who can use her powers in other various ways you'll still do fine in matches and it can even be game changing in some regards.

    I P3-50'd her literally like 20 minutes ago, and I can say its still the same Pre-Patch and or Post-Patch to me. She's still useful for what I use her for so I do alright with her.

  • B-B-But we gave her new cosmetics!?!

    -BHVR response

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/481004#Comment_481004

    You think they made the right call by removing an existing strategy from the game (delaying survivor's ability to exit through the use of her entirely RNG dependent power) in favor of the fact they didn't think it through with the EGC rollout? Multiple people have offered very good ideas to actually balance it and remove any abuse possibility from it, but "making the trap literally not function at all" is the best way to go?

    Also, I implore you, play mrs. piggles and try "just patroling boxes" and see how well you do. if you're lucky, you MIGHT get a kill. Might be tough with the game being over in 5 minutes or less tho.

    Her powers its not for egc its to slow the game some of my match when i play pig cuz about the dailies i dont put the traps directly i just put the traps when theres 4 or 3 gens and guess what i do fine

  • I mean, it was not intended to work this way. So they changed it. Not that hard to understand...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/480988#Comment_480988

    If you're someone like me who can use her powers in other various ways you'll still do fine in matches and it can even be game changing in some regards.

    I P3-50'd her literally like 20 minutes ago, and I can say its still the same Pre-Patch and or Post-Patch to me. She's still useful for what I use her for so I do alright with her.

    The very first game I played as Pig post-patch, I only got to use two traps, so I lost both the two default traps I started with and the Last Will add-on. And that was just by playing Pig the "intended" way. So as far as I can tell, it absolutely does not feel the same to me.

  • @Aven_Fallen

    Sorry to be a cynic but Amanda was out for over a year in that time not a single time did they ever mention that using a traps end game was ever something that was a problem.

    As I said before they have been tons of features that were not intended but what kept around because as the Dev said they like seeing interesting ways to play characters.

    Amanda being changed was to fit endgame collapse and they did a really terrible job at it.

    As I said in my original post I appreciate and do respect that they gave us the reasoning. Even explain why they didn't use another method even though I feel like this explanation was bs and it probably should have been tested but I digress.

    But the changes that Amanda received seemed like they never got much thought put into them.

    Hell to counter a toxic strategy (that was rarely ever used simply because it was practically throwing the game away) they implemented a terror radius restriction on a killer who can remove her terror radius.

    They went in thinking the same tweak that worked with Legion was going to work with her.

    On top of this there was on top of this there was no compensation to any other part of her kit to balance her.