@NoShinyPony the point of the OP was “effort=reward” If the survivors managed to do four gens then they had put effort in, if the killer protected gens really well then he/she had likely put in effort.
@NoShinyPony the point of the OP was “effort=reward” If the survivors managed to do four gens then they had put effort in, if the killer protected gens really well then he/she had likely put in effort.
@TreemanXD Usually a reward comes after a task is completed. Doing 4 gens is not completing a task.
The hatch mechanic is a thing to not-punish solo survivors if their team plays bad. It doesn't mean "after some gens are done, it doesn't matter if you get the hatch or not, you'll get a free escape through the exit gate anyway".
The only adjustment needed for the EGC is a fixed min/max distance between the exit gates.
And hey, if somebody still wants their free escape, they can bring a key to re-open the hatch.
Okay, so when do killers get to sacrifice survivors 2/3/4 times faster than normal? /s
If you find a survivor before the door opens and they are the last survivor remaining before all 5 gens have been completed, it means the survivor failed their first chance to escape (gens). They failed their second chance to escape (hatch) and they failed their third chance to escape (doors). That's 'checkmate'.
Take your defeat on the chin like a grown up and accept it. Just because you're the last survivor alive does not automatically entitle you to a free escape. Why people are so tits up about losing as a survivor because they lost and can't seem to accept this is absolutely mind boggling to me.
It's like three chances, two of which don't even require you to do the objective to escape, are somehow not enough in a game where killers are so weak there's realistically only two, maybe even three killers of fifteen which are even viable in the first place.
How many chances to escape need to be present before you people are satisfied? Five? Six? Seven?
No one but you is tilted here bud. I’m a 50/50 player and I accept my win/loss.
From my experience on both sides egc is just a free kill if one survivor is left, is that fair to you?
@TreemanXD Usually a reward comes after a task is completed. Doing 4 gens is not completing a task.
The hatch mechanic is a thing to not-punish solo survivors if their team plays bad. It doesn't mean "after some gens are done, it doesn't matter if you get the hatch or not, you'll get a free escape through the exit gate anyway".
The only adjustment needed for the EGC is a fixed min/max distance between the exit gates.
And hey, if somebody still wants their free escape, they can bring a key to re-open the hatch.
@NoShinyPony gate spawns do need looked at definitely but I think gates would still be easy to patrol as billy/nurse.
I can’t bring a key every match and we still have the lobby dodge problem.
@NoShinyPony gate spawns do need looked at definitely but I think gates would still be easy to patrol as billy/nurse.
I can’t bring a key every match and we still have the lobby dodge problem.
@TreemanXD You can use Plunderer's if you don't get enough keys from the bloodwebs. There is no shortage of keys if they are important to a player. And I wouldn't call it a "lobby dodge problem" if killers simply want to avoid unbalanced matches (but lobby dodging is a discussion for another thread).
Besides that: Survivors have so many chances to escape. So many items and perks available to give them more and more chances. At some point, a player has lost a match. There can't always be another 2nd chance.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
5 seconds to open an exit gate pretty much equals a free escape. I thought you don't like free stuff?
I don't think adjusting the numbers on the door is the answer.
just run wake up 4head
what? I can only vote you down once??
Try rereading lol or did u fail English
Wake up is 2-3 seconds off of a gate. Doesn’t help you too much.
@NoShinyPony, @Sairek 4 gens would’ve had to be done for the five second gate.
As I said while we discussed it, I support this.
It’s not about the time it can be adjusted
trying to make effort= reward
@TreemanXD And after 4 gens are done, it's a too easy escape for the last survivor if the exit gates only take 5 seconds to open.
I don't think we have to talk about the op's suggestion to just bring Remember Me for that case.
@NoShinyPony the point of the OP was “effort=reward” If the survivors managed to do four gens then they had put effort in, if the killer protected gens really well then he/she had likely put in effort.
i mean the devs even reduced the gates by 8secs, plus that 3 thats 11secs reduction.
So idk what to tell ya'll
@ItsYourBoyGuzma they reverted it back to 20 seconds.
all I know is 8 games tonight I yellow Moried 8 people cause I waited by the hatch closed it when I was happy with there range and killed.
also one did the last gen one game I closed the hatch went to the near by door and killed them they felt like free kills to me.
@TreemanXD Usually a reward comes after a task is completed. Doing 4 gens is not completing a task.
The hatch mechanic is a thing to not-punish solo survivors if their team plays bad. It doesn't mean "after some gens are done, it doesn't matter if you get the hatch or not, you'll get a free escape through the exit gate anyway".
The only adjustment needed for the EGC is a fixed min/max distance between the exit gates.
And hey, if somebody still wants their free escape, they can bring a key to re-open the hatch.
No one but you is tilted here bud. I’m a 50/50 player and I accept my win/loss.
From my experience on both sides egc is just a free kill if one survivor is left, is that fair to you?
well that's one way to get rid of those cypress mori's
@NoShinyPony gate spawns do need looked at definitely but I think gates would still be easy to patrol as billy/nurse.
I can’t bring a key every match and we still have the lobby dodge problem.
sorry u all disagree just wanted to throw a idea out there. And I know that some games just seem too easy.
I think the same..
And I don't see the problem in, the first one that spot the hatch get the best from it. It's fair.
@TreemanXD You can use Plunderer's if you don't get enough keys from the bloodwebs. There is no shortage of keys if they are important to a player. And I wouldn't call it a "lobby dodge problem" if killers simply want to avoid unbalanced matches (but lobby dodging is a discussion for another thread).
Besides that: Survivors have so many chances to escape. So many items and perks available to give them more and more chances. At some point, a player has lost a match. There can't always be another 2nd chance.