EGC proves we now need in-game voice comms

Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found

Comments

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • If they want to add comms, I have no issue with it. Provided we have the option to turn it off. As a solo player I have no interest in being heard or hearing my teammates at any point during a match.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472711#Comment_472711

    They absolutely were because you could work on gens, then out play the killer if they left the hatch to stop you from doing gens. EGC locks all gens and the killer just watches the doors to see when a red light appears.

    What rank did you get to as survivor? Maybe in low ranks hatch standoff was mindless, but purple and red had actual counter play.

    funny thing, I tried that once. The killer just stalked me, bodyblocking me from returning to the hatch until I ended up far enough that they could down me (it was a leatherface so nothing I could do to really prevent it)

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I have no problem with in game chat. Is it part of the original concept? No. Is it realistic? Again, no. Has the game changed since it's inception? Yes.

    ONE stipulation....it's a "broadcast" com. The killer hears coms inside the terror radius.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • I would probably be banned if the potatoes that don't do gens could hear what I'm saying about it.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Although I find game chat helluv fun there would be no point barely anyone talks in game sometimes so you could just be giving info although I will say if I play in 4 man I would rather us gamechat I prefer banter between players killer included makes the match more fun.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472745#Comment_472745

    I'd be down for the killer being able to hear the coms. That makes sense and could allow for some mind games with stealthy killer like Myers and Piggy.

    I agree but honestly, I believe it should be a set range so that even survs outside that range can't hear the comms makes it more immersed and more realistic to the "who's there?" Trope

  • EGC = KILLER BIASED?


    LOL

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Why do people want this game to become friday the 13th have we not seen how awful that game was added onto how toxic the comms were and you honestly think dbd would be any better yeah imma be honest you must be new to the game because this community although not everyone but a LOT of it is pure toxicity id rather they not ruin this game like f13 just being honest.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472711#Comment_472711

    They absolutely were because you could work on gens, then out play the killer if they left the hatch to stop you from doing gens. EGC locks all gens and the killer just watches the doors to see when a red light appears.

    What rank did you get to as survivor? Maybe in low ranks hatch standoff was mindless, but purple and red had actual counter play.

    I really dont think you even know what hatch standoff actually means.

  • Voice comms in this game? Woth this community?

    Do you want every salty person blaming you in game for their mistakes.

    Making sounds to bait the killer to you.

    Calling out the killer taunting instead of teabagging at a pallet.

    Screaming save me hurry while throwing insults.

    Not thank you the end game chat can be toxic enough.

    Them you have the countries where regions crossover, what about Europe where there are multiple countries with different languages in the one region?

    Also making it broadcast so the killer can hear the chat means swf are stronger than solos as they just won't use the in game system.

    As you can see I don't like the idea of comms being added to this game.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • In game coms would be okay if they are a short broadcast range. Say 16 meters, and you can shut them off if you like.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • So I can hear some kids insulting eachother or playing low quality music? No Thanks.

    And btw hatch standoff was #########. I don't know what killers you play with, but you can't "outloop" someone who won't chase you and rather bodyblock the hatch. It had some kind of counterplay, but it was very easily countered by NOED and was just a massive waste of time most of the times.

  • If comms then killer sees a sound explosion the whole time every time the mic has input. Only fair if the swf know where killer is at all times then talking lets killer know where you are too!

  • @Ghost_Potato said:

    If comms then killer sees a sound explosion the whole time every time the mic has input. Only fair if the swf know where killer is at all times then talking lets killer know where you are too!

    No, just no. Not only can this encourage toxic behavior from survivors that are really good at looping and just want to torment the killer, but also makes this feature completely useless. I'm not gonna reveal my location just so I can say something.

  • The most common reply I see from Killer mains on these forums to the clearly killer-biased EGC is to communicate better with your team and adapt.

    If you want someone to pull statistics into this it also shows that the escape factor for solo survivors is not dramatically different form the escape factors from a group.

    It says you would think more players equals a higher chance of escaping but it's not like soul survivors are massively outweighed by swf

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As someone who plays survivor solo 99% of the time, I would immediately never play survivor again if in-game voice comms was added.

    "Hatch standoffs were a better choice than EGC since they at least allowed for counter play."

    Hell no they weren't. What bloody counterplay is there when both sides stare at each other for up to 6 hours?

    Not an opinion, but a reminder that the hatch standoff was a player-created problem.

  • The most common reply I see from Killer mains on these forums to the clearly killer-biased EGC is to communicate better with your team and adapt.

    The most common reply I see from Killer mains on these forums to the clearly killer-biased EGC is to communicate better with your team

    I've never read anyone write out that the survivors' solution to the EGC is to communicate better with other survivors. Since you say it's common, can you give three or so examples of someone saying that?

    These are developers' quotes below:

    Mathieu on 11/12/18: It is an asymmetrical multiplayer game where you can live in the world of these 70s and 80s horror movies. It’s anti-social multiplayer where survivors have to collaborate and cooperate up to a certain point. The old saying is that you don’t need to be fast than the killer, you just need to be faster than your friends. Whereas the people playing as the killer, they just need to straight up murder everyone.

    The magic of Dead by Daylight is that at its core it's about playing hide and seek, everybody can play hide and seek. But then we have so many layers with perks (which is a nightmare for us to test), it also means that every game you play there’s uncertainty. That was always at the core of the design, that’s the reason we did procedural map generations and that’s the reason why you don’t know what killer you're up against, why we don’t have communications in the game. All these things are to reinforce that when you start a game, you're not exactly sure what you’re up against, what's going to happen in the game.

    McLean on 10/26/18: That being said, however, this is a game where we tried to have this horror atmosphere, this sense of isolation, there's no spoken dialogue in the game, it's very lonely and quiet, except for the pounding of drums when you are about to die. And that's all intentional. It really builds up the feeling of the game.

    ___

    Dead by Daylight was never meant for voice communication. It is first and foremost a hidden information/time management game. The only reason voice communication has never been blacklisted is because the developers don't want to spend the time to develop a method to circumvent it - it's not at all integral to the gameplay. In fact, it's hindrance to the overall health of the game; because developers can't make the decision on whether to balance the killer for Solo players or SWF players with voice communications, the game is perpetually kept in imbalance due to it.

    Sure, giving Solo survivors a voice communication tool may help bring them up to SWF level, but killers will never benefit from it. For killers who depend heavily on sound, having survivors making loud distracting noises or continually feeding false information would have a negative impact on the killer, nevermind all the potential toxicity that would probably result from it. And if the survivors really don't want killers to hear them, SWF will continue to use third party voice communication tools that they are currently using.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/472802#Comment_472802

    In my many years of being a gamer, I totally agree with you in the sense that almost every competitive pvp game with voice comms is toxic. That's why if BHVR did allow voice comms they should give players the option to automatically mute everyone. That way if some gamers just want to chill and have fun they don't have to hear salty toxic ppl. But for competitive ppl like me, we can talk crap and try winning lol.

    Imma be honest if you want a competitive game go play overwatch Dead by Daylight is basically a party game and should be treated as such the core of the game is not competitive nor will it ever be the design the code honestly the game is far from it id rather behavior keep it that way.


    We are seeing the results of behavior trying to make the game competitive at high ranks and look what has happened now people are complaining about swfs more than ever people are complaining about nurse/billy more than ever like when are people gonna learn to STOP asking for a competitive game ITS NOT Dead by Daylight im sorry to say it just is not