Opinions On This Week's Stream (June 28th)
Hey guys! I'm curious to hear your guys' opinions on the proposed changes that were recently introduced in the media. Whether this be about the Brand New Parts, Exhaustion, Insta-Heals, and other various perks/add-ons. Honestly, as a person that plays 50-50 survivor and killer, these changes sound great and truly give some sort of balance in the game. However, I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks for your time!
Comments
They didn't say how they were changing Insta-heals, did they?
Their idea of it is to make it a syringe that has a one time use and then you'll have to go find a new med-kit. However, they did say anything that you can use instantaneously is extremely powerful and they're looking into them.
@PieMan I thought that's how it is right now. The add-on kills your Medkit. Am I missing something?
You're right about that, but at 19:45 and about 20:30 they discuss more about how they want to look into it and change them up a bit.
@Gunmech04 why do you think they're not gonna be worth anything?
I can see what you're both saying @Krueger1428 and @Gunmech04 but with the exhaustion nerf/rework they're kind of changing the play style and strategy of the game. You have to decide when you should use certain actions, but they even said they may cut down on the time it takes to recharge and even brought up the complications with Dead Hard so it might get better over time. Decisive is okay as it stands, but with this new change it's gonna take some getting used to, like Borrowed Time, and I also don't fully agree with the change, but it sounds decent. Self-Care should gradually deplete over time though, not instantly after you stop healing while injured. And the mori's shouldn't be changed. God, that was a mouthful.
I know, but certain add-ons have truly been annoying going against, like BNPs. A SWF group can easily bring in four and screw over the killer, although that's very situational. On the upside, we can't truly say how bad this is because, well, we haven't directly tested them ourselves. Honestly, I feel this game is biased towards the survivors rather than the killer, it's not fully balanced and that's due to perks/add-ons. Having to be looped for minutes on end by someone just for them to insta-heal kinda sucks. I'd like to hear what you think of what I've said though!
I play both surv and killer equally and i think if they do nerf all the survs addons like the BNP (so syringe and styptic follow) then the mori's should require you to hook a survivor twice instead of once before mori-ing them.
You're absolutely right with that statement. I know this game isn't meant to be realistic, but when you're exhausted and you're running you're going to want to take a break, which is kind of what this nerf/rework is doing. It's making it more realistic and not as dependable to survivors which is going to change the meta, but the time it takes to recover should be decreased. And with the whole self-care thing, I don't agree with it. Self-care should gradually deplete over time, but not by a tremendous amount, especially in a chase.
Yeah, balance is key and this might ultimately give killers a lot more power. Killers are supposed to be intimidating to the survivors and be a bit more powerful, but with the right moves the survivors can persevere and escape. These changes right now sound good to me, as I said in the beginning of this post, but I do see how this can all cause problems. We all will have to test it though and give our feedback. The meta of this game, for now, is completely changing and both killers and survivors alike have to adapt.
I'm relishing the challenge to the perk changes, gonna make it tougher but it's too easy at the moment so it's a needed change for us survivors. I do think self heal should regress over time however and me personally Id get rid of all ultra rares in the game entirely
its been nerfed to reduce looping - got nothing to do with ambush attacks, they even said in a previous stream, it's to make the survivor have to stand or crouch still to recover and not run, SB , loop, run, loop, SB /rinserepeat
duplicate post
They said today in the stream that they were thinking of changing the cooldowns of the exhaustion perks and maybe even making some of them recharge faster than others. So Sprint Burst, if they actually do this, will more than likely have the longest cooldown with perks like Dead Hard and Balanced Landing being less. (I might be wrong with this, but from what I recall they mentioned it).
Does anyone even use balanced landing? I feel there are so many perks that just are ignored cos they are just plain crap
Ah yes, I remember this. I hope those changes pull through. It would be a shame to see Balanced Landing die in the pit, just when it finally began to see some light.
Yes, of course. There's Noob3... And... Hm. Oh wait. According to our data... no. This can't be right.. It's just him. Yep. Just one person. Just Noob3.
fix your servers
fix your servers please
It absolutely always did work. Sprint Burst even has invincibility frames.
That's... the point... Just to see more moris.
Why would they make instakills part of the base game if they're totally against instaheals and BNP?
Brand New Part: (Ultra Rare Add-on)
-The "Repair" action will be replaced by the "Quick Install" action.
-The "Quick Install" action will take 20 seconds to complete.
-During the action, success zones are tremendously decreased and the odds of triggering a skill check will be tremendously increased.
-When completing the "Quick Install" action, whatever progress the generator was at will be instantly increased to 100%.
-Failing a skill check, stopping the action, or finishing the "Quick Install" action will consume this add-on.
Survivors are super strong already though...
BNP change is good, it's stupid how you can lose your toolbox if you get interrupted or you ran away. It isn't really that much of a nerf
SB was broken by the fact that you can avoid a killer's hit by just using when they are about to swing, it negates the use of Dead Hard and it would still be a very good perk even after the nerf, though I don't think perks like Dead Hard should be affected, as a killer and a survivor I don't see an issue with it
Self-care change, the progress being reset to 0 is a bit extreme in my opinion. You could just make it works the same as gen regressing or it removes a part of a survivor health so when they go down they die quicker
if they wanted to change Mori, allow Mori after survivors have been hooked twice or just let the cypress mori be part of Killer's kit. it wouldn't really change anything
with Nerfing to bloodlust, I agree with making it 12 seconds instead of 15, but you really have to take a look on some of the pellets on some maps. anything beyond 12 pellets in a map close to each other is just beyond stupid, a killer could chase a good survivor, getting 2 hooks maxed before the game is finished if he doesn't camp.
this promotes camping due to that fact that if killers don't camp they lose, its unhealthy for the game
Not enough chapter summoning!
I agree that certain killers need buffs and really love the trapper buffs. but this stream was just shitting all over survivors. the change to exhaustion I do not agree with at all.. it affects many perks. for the longest time now I have been watching killers get buffs, which made me happy. but these changes to survivors are just horrible. BNP.. you seriously want to call it ultra rare after this nerf lol. I do rather dislike BNPs though, but lets not kid ourselves here.. with the upcoming nerf it cannot be considered ultra rare.
SC never negatively affected me as a killer.. I never considered it OP. SB yeah I dislike it as killer but usually catch up soon enough and down them well before they get a second burst.
there is only 1 perk I want to see dealt with and that's DS
I play a good deal of both sides.
I’m against making Mori’s a part of the base game as well. They aren’t totally against insta-heals and BNP. They are nerf’ing them to bring them in line. What Survivors are doing is bringing in BNP’s and insta-heals in order to speed up Gen progress and stall Killers longer. Basically they are using items now to supplement and make up for the recent balance changes that weakened Looping in order to “Stall to Win”, so that the the balance changes are in effect negated and we’re right back to the old meta of Loop and “Stall to win” prior to Patch 2.0.
Its nothing more than Survivors having a hissy fit thier “Screw getting good and learning to hide and juke, Stall to win!” EZ meta is getting the balance it needs. Stalling should be viable, but not overpowered. Learn when is the best time to hide, and when it’s best to just Stall. You don’t get to rely on only one anymore.
I really like the new direction the game is taking. After 2 years of non stop catering to survivors, the killers finally get some love.
Keep up the good work, i love it!
Instant heals are OP
We're giving killers the ability to mori whenever they want
I have seen the opposite tbh. since BL became a thing, Killers have been getting nice steady buffs and amazing perks. finally now pallet vacuum has been fixed too.
what have survivors gotten when you really think about it
Indeed I agree, I think many of us feel this way and it's really encouraging to hear the developers ideas and plans for the future.