RIP Basement

Now, the whole map can be a circus zone 3:

Didn't think the devs would be able to buff DS and BT yet again, but boom!

Comments

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/461660#Comment_461660

    This exactly, killers cried and cried that survivors are always taking the game hostage, and now that's been changed they're upsetti spaghetti that their way of taking the game hostage is also gone.

    LOL "upsetti spaghetti"

  • @Weederick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/462594#Comment_462594

    1. Bodyblocking for a chainsaw
    2. Bodyblocking the next survivor after hitting one
    3. Bodyblocking to counter BT
    4. Bodyblocking to throw hatchets for shorter cooldown
    5. Bodyblocking to reload clowns bottles
    6. Bodyblocking to recover cooldown for Spirit (and Legion)
    7. Bodyblocking to vomit on survivors
    8. Bodyblocking to trap the stairs
    9. Bodyblocking to counter endgame DS

    Idk about you but i benefitted a lot from blocking the basement to my advantage. I never held the game hostage before and i have no intention ever to. This game is getting dumbed down, tech like this should be preserved not removed.

    @Weederick Exactly. All those scenarios mean a killer is playing his cards in an optimal way, and punishing greedy survivors in the "most dangerous" place of the map.

    Now all those killers get nerfed because it would be possible to trap people there until they die.

    Sounds to me like they didnt' design EGC correctly in the first place, then.

    Kinda like the Legion - Borrowed Time connection. BT was fine. Legion comes with all his bullshit and BT gets buffed. Now stupid new Legion is even deeper in the trash can, where he belonged right from the drawing board, but we all have a stronger BT that won't get reverted.

    It's the same story with EGC - Piggy - Basement. Those two were fine. Here comes EGC with its new mechanics and nerfs killers just because.

    Anyway, what really annoys me at this point is that a hypothetical scenario affecting survivors gets defused even BEFORE it actually happens in regular gameplay, while at adressing stuff like MoM and such, we need to gather more and more and more information of course.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/461649#Comment_461649

    Yeah, quite sad that you actually need Skill (if DBD has any) to kill people and not get them by just standing at some Stairs.

    But I know that this is the Level some people expect to get rewarded for.

    This guy gets it thank you! Its mostly killer mains that suck at the game that got it for free and have no skill (if dbd has any) lol, again its good to see someone thats not an idiot on the forums

  • I've been rushing the basement with BT every game I can, now.

    It's pretty sweet :D

    My friends and I just call it The Vacation Station, now ;3

    It's actually a huge buff, especially if the basement spawns in the killer shack (survivor hotel) or in a tricky spot like the caged area in Swamp - with a healthy BT rescuer, it guarantees that any killer patrolling/camping is going to Looptown, doubly so if they chase the protected BT survivor, triply so if said survivor also has DS/MOM.

  • @Condorloco_26 said:

    Remove the basement now, along with the killer shack. There's no point of having those hooks there in the safest place of the whole map, with that insane window/pallet combo.

    insane? do u know how to run shack? plus it's mindgamable, it's not as safe as u think

  • "God Pallet" + "God Window" = Not as safe as you think

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/462205#Comment_462205

    insane? do u know how to run shack? plus it's mindgamable, it's not as safe as u think

    Of course I know how to run the thing in both roles, that's exactly why I'm saying it's the safest place in the map, meaning the place that will waste killer's time the most (except for maybe Crotus central building).

    At least there was a "reward" for enduring and winning that chase, hooking the survivor down there meant dangerous unhooks.

    Now it's just a normal unhook, as safe/unsafe as any other.

  • Honestly, I never liked basement blocking in the first place because killers could abuse it by keeping survivors there indefinitely. While not all killers are guilty, some were guilty and thus, likely caused the developers to make this change in the first place.

  • @NMCKE I only did it when I feared BT or as Wraith when invisible, but never to actually hold the game hostage, I always moved/attacked after a few seconds.

  • @Raccoon said:

    "God Pallet" + "God Window" = Not as safe as you think

    a god pallet/window means you cannot mindgame or make progress in a chase without breaking or vaulting it. you can force shack pallet down or get hits on greedy players, the window is not godly

  • @Shad03 said:

    @NMCKE I only did it when I feared BT or as Wraith when invisible, but never to actually hold the game hostage, I always moved/attacked after a few seconds.

    @Shad03

    I didn't mind killers waiting out BT or DS, that's okay IMO.


    However, trapping three survivors in the basement just to be killed by the EGC is just not acceptable. If I was the survivor who had to decide whether or not to open the exit gates, I wouldn't because killers shouldn't earn kills by doing nothing.

  • @NMCKE That is very true.

  • @Shad03 seeing u without the legion pfp is unsettling >:/

  • @artist I'm tired, artist. My hope was devoured and my faith was demised.

    All there is left is a empty husk, to the void I belong.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @artist I'm tired, artist. My hope was devoured and my faith was demised.

    All there is left is a empty husk, to the void I belong.

    oh, I see. sorry for your loss. on the bright side someone will make a legion version of freddy's "DARN"

1 2 ›