Quick question

What do you think? How long will this game survive, because of all these toxicness, bugs, lags and DC? I think it will survive like 1-2 years more. I bought it like 6 months ago and i sometimes think about forgeting about it. In the begiinning i had fun but after i gained rank 6 it is impossible to have fun anymore it is only annoying ...

Comments

  • They said they wanted to continue for at least 5 more years but I agree if they continue to go down this path this game will most likely die by a year

  • This game will survive forever as long as there is no competition.

    Right now, there is no other game that is able to compete with DbD and dethrone it.

    Bugs, toxicity, DCs, lag etc. will start to matter when people have another choice other than DbD.

  • @Delfador

    Im pretty sure hide or die is going to compete with this game but then again they said the same thing about Last Year......

  • It's the only game like this out. It's good, just not great. It's like scoring B- on your tests all the time. Slightly above average, but could be in that A- range if a bit more pop was added.

    I think it will probably fizzle out somewhere next winter. So The winter of 2020/2021.

    I give it 2 more years I think. As things are. If they add more things, and another mode... and lower some of the ridiculous cosmetic prices. 4-5 years.

  • I think alot is riding on dedicated servers and new game modes, there are other games like DBD in the making and I feel like this next year is going to be crucial for the game

  • Well, let me tell you about how many times said this game would die...

    ...Actually that's it: Many people said this game would die, right from the beginning.


    Especially when Friday The 13th: The Game was out, people just flooded the Steam Forums about how it would kill this game.

    Well...

    An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.
    An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.

    18k average VS 308 average.


    I'd have to see a record-low, like less than 5k, to even start thinking about a possible death.