[Dev Feedback] My (Extended) Response To The Survey's Suggested Features.
1. Matchmaking bloodpoint bonus incentive when the queue is long for any role: Very Interested
Seems like a cool idea! I wouldn't mind some extra bps for the inconvenient queue. Although, I'd rather have the wait times be fixed all together, but this would be a good temporary fix/patch until the issue is dealt with.
2. More graphic settings customization: Somewhat Interested
This doesn't affect me exactly, but I know some people want to lower their graphics down further so that the game can run properly. I wouldn't say this should be the number one priority, but I do think that more graphic settings should be added at some point.
3. Accessibility options (colorblind / visual indicators / key mashing / improved keybinding options): Very Interested
Again, this one doesn't affect me all too much, but I do think colorblind support NEEDS to be a thing. Also, any alternative for mashing keys/buttons would be welcomed.
4. Automated bans for disconnection: Extremely Interested
Disconnecting is a MASSIVE issue right now and should be dealt with accordingly, but I have some questions. Would the bans increase for repeat offenders? How many disconnects would it take to get banned? How long are the bans? Nonetheless, some sort of DC punishment is needed.
5. Friend rematch (being able to search for a new match without re-inviting): Extremely Interested
This is just a simple feature that would help many people out significantly.
6. Translation of in-game news in other languages: Somewhat Interested
Again, it doesn't affect me, but I feel that it's a change that should be considered.
7. "Kill your Friends" improvements: Very Interested
I'd love a KYF update. Just adding some customization to the mode would easily make it 10x better.
8. Punish lobby dodging: Not sure
For what reasons should lobby dodging be punished? Sometimes I dodge as survivor in order to get lobbies with better ping. That said, what should be classified as a punishable lobby dodge?
9. Ranking System Rework: Very Interested
YES! I'd love an overhaul to the ranking system! Right now, the ranking system is alright I guess, but it has alot of room to grow. For a start, there needs to be an incentive to grind. Right now, there's none, so as long as they add rank rewards during the rework, then it would be a welcomed change!
10. More in-game events like The Hallowed Blight or The Moonrise event: Very Interested
I'd love more in-game events, but it depends on how much these events would affect normal gameplay. Maybe a 2 week long event every 3-4 months would be cool.
11. Tutorial rework: Somewhat Interested
I would just add a section to include the End Game Collapse (to both killer and survivor tutorials).
12. Leaderboards: Somewhat Interested
Just another neat feature that I'd like to have.
13. Crafting system: Very Interested
So how would this work? Would it be like combining things that you don't want to get better stuff (Brown Med + Brown Med = Green Med)? Or would it be an entirely new system? Either way, I'd really love to see something like this make it into the game.
14. Daily rituals rework: Very Interested
Just adding more rituals would do the trick for me. Maybe some with harder tasks but higher rewards? Or maybe some that grant shards? Idk, I'm just spewing thoughts. Either way, it's an epic suggestion.
15. More social features such as Clan Survivor or Killer's Club: Very Interested
It would be a neat addition! I did see some people concerned about this idea and how they might be forced to "choose sides", but if there was a neutral option (or just not being forced to join a side), that would probably balance things out well.
16. Maps rework: Not So Interested
I don't see an issue with maps right now, so I don't think they should get reworked. Maybe a few small tweaks, but nothing massive is needed.
17. Players' stats overview: Somewhat Interested
Yet again, it's another feature that would just improve the QoL. Also, I would be curious to see my most played character, so I'd welcome this.
18. Tournament mode: Not so interested
I don't see DbD as a competitive game, but I guess sometimes feels like that. I wouldn't be against adding it, but I just don't think it should be a priority. Also, how would that work anyway?
19. Cross play between all platforms: Very Interested
A bigger player pool is never a bad thing. Although I've heard about the skill gap between PC and Console, I've never been against integrating the two. You should probably get a console player's opinion on this subject because I can't speak on their part.
20. Expand the Dead by Daylight lore/universe: Extremely Interested
YEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been one of my number one requests when it comes to new features. I believe that the DbD narrative should get more complex and deep, with the clear motives and mentality of The Entity revealed. However, I don't believe that players should HAVE to follow the narrative in order to enjoy the game.
21. Integration of skins created by the community: Extremely Interested
I'm not sure why this isn't a thing already! The devs should just add a "skin suggestion" section to the forums where people could send in their skin artwork to be considered (and then added if it looks good enough).
22. A purchasable pass that grants bonus and rewards over a defined period of time: Not Interested At All
I'm supposing they're talking about a DbD "battlepass" style reward system. I don't think this is a good idea whatsoever because A: DbD isn't f2p and normally this system is only used by f2p games and B: I don't really want DbD to be hopping on any trends like that, especially when they encourage spending and grinding. Instead, they should add ranking incentives/rewards.
23. More licensed Killers: Extremely Interested
I'm ALWAYS open for more licensed characters (not only killers, survivors too). Don't get me wrong, I like the original content, but licensed characters are equally as appealing. An ideal release schedule might be: OG Chapter + OG Chapter + Licensed Chapter + OG Chapter OR OG Chapter + Licensed Paragraph + OG Chapter + Licensed Paragraph + OG Chapter. Both schedules would contain an equal amount of content, but those are just my suggestions.
24. More in-game customization options like animated emote, voice lines, loading screens, icons, etc: Extremely Interested.
I'm a sucker for more customization. Just giving the survivors a few more voicelines could do the trick! Animated emotes would be cool too (especially if they were character specific). Loading screens would be neato as well! By icons, I'm assuming you're refering to things like perk icons and stuff, and customizing those would be a treat to be sure! I mainly want to focus more on the voicelines part because I believe most of the potential lies here. It's just the little things that can go a long way. For example, if you missed a skill check, the character that missed it could say "Gah, Sh*t!" or something like that. Although, if you're giving ALL characters new voicelines then... well... we have an issue: https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/30/16832916/left-4-dead-bill-jim-french-obituary
Nonetheless, I believe that there is potential in this idea, and I hope to see these customization options come to the game someday!
Thanks for reading (if you actually made it this far)!
Comments
I really like your opinion.
BHVR should take notes from that post.
But I think BattlePass is good idea if it isn't P2W. Skins, BP Bonuses, LVL bonuses? Why not. I give it a chance. Rewards for Seasons/devotion should be here but Pass also can be here.
@LordziPL I'm so down for a Battle Pass-type thing for this game if they make it so you can purchase it once and earn enough playing the game throughout the season to purchase the next. That way for the us dedicated players it's a one-time thing that grants rewards in the way of boosted leveling, BP and XP boosters, exclusive skins, all that.
They forgot a VERY IMPORTANT suggested features
BHVR should put some more money in thier map design and creation department, it's the life blood on the game. If I could make sure all my cosmetics money would go to the map developer department I would, because I want more maps in older realms.
Please I hope the Devs read this, God!
Realms need more maps like:
Lery's Memorial
Swamp
Asylum
Ormond
Yamaoka
The Game
Badham
Haddon
And reworks need to happen, design of maps is:
-killer sided
-surv sided
-pallet gyms
-bad design for Bloodlust or spe@LordziPLcific killer
your opinion is great but cross play would be a great mistake PC killers and survivors would melt consoles players. i'm more okay with a tournament mode DbD have a great potential for a esports design.
but for the rest i guess i'm all with you.
More realms would be nice, especially since the the plague got cheated out of one. I'd first add a realm for the clown and plague since they didn't get one. Then I'd make better versions of the old ones.
Also you're right, some maps do support one side alot more than the other, so I'd maybe fix that before adding more realms. The main offenders of this are Ormond and The Game, so they should be reworked/updated to support the weaker side more.
Before we see any "battlepass" type thing make it into the game, first we need an incentive to climb the normal ranks. If we could get free ranking rewards first, then maybe I could get behind a battlepass of some sort.
I'd preferably not want to see one at all, but that's just my opinion.
Consider your wish granted (about the devs reading your post)! @not_Queen @Peanits
Sorry if I bugged you devs :l
I'm totally aware that there's a skill gap between PC and console, but aren't some console games keyboard compatible? Couldn't they do that with DbD if they wanted to?
As for the suggested tourney mode, I'm not completely against the idea, but I don't feel like it should be the devs' #1 priority. I'd love if it eventually came, but I'd rather see many of the other listed features first.
It's not just about the mouse and keyboard. Consoles have a lower FPS, which greatly hurts them. There's also the graphics quality; I'm not sure how much it affects gameplay, but I'm sure it has some effect.
Oh I thought you were talking about controls. Either way, consoles should hopefully get their optimization soon enough.