Clown's reload speed is still atrocious without addons
Like I really want to try playing with other addons, mixing and matching different ones. But the reload duration is so bonkers to not take a reload addon with you. 😵
Like I really want to try playing with other addons, mixing and matching different ones. But the reload duration is so bonkers to not take a reload addon with you. 😵
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes. You either have to use faster reload addons, or aim carefully and make those bottles count.
One thing I often do to go around it is this: I try hitting survivors with my cocktails to slow them down and get a hit. Then, they often run to a safe "run around that pallet for half an hour" place. There, while we're dancing around the pallet + long loop object, I can easily reload. If they break the dance, I cancel reloading and (hopefully) hit them. If they stick to it, I finish reloading and that helps me cutting that loop.
It's hard to do around high walls or anything you can't see through, but on a lot of maps, especially Autohaven maps, most pallet loops are around low objects.
What I'd do for clown is make his reload the following:
2 seconds of reloading gives you 1 bottle. For every extra second you reload you get another until your full. So to fully reload you spend 5 seconds. However you can only reload 1 or 2 in 3 seconds.
@George_Soros I played clown for a long while when he first released and used the "full lob distance to a gen" style to help with patrol but sometimes while trying a high lob without hitting anything the bottles would break (some not thrown more than 1m or so above me or just being "near" an object such as a tree etc but not actually hitting it. Have you experienced this and/or is this different now? I was considering returning to clown to level him up for the perks finally.