Killer FOV increase

The Devs said (almost a year ago now) that they wanted to make shadowborn baseline in killers; that is, increase the FoV for killers so they aren't like horses with blinders on.

What ever happened to that? @not_Queen @Peanits

It'd make a huge difference on lower tier killers, especially wraith/leatherface

Comments

  • or perhaps give us a slider between the default FOV and shadowborns FOV , but then what would shadowborn turn into?

  • Wait, they really said they'd do that!?

    What happened? It would make things so much nicer than the way it is now without, in any way that I can see, being overpowered.

    @razaluna said:

    or perhaps give us a slider between the default FOV and shadowborns FOV , but then what would shadowborn turn into?

    They could either turn it back into what it used to be; a perk that lessens the darkness level of the map (which would be awesome against Claudettes on MacMillan), or they could change it like Tinkerer and give it a completely different tracking effect.

  • @razaluna said:

    or perhaps give us a slider between the default FOV and shadowborns FOV , but then what would shadowborn turn into?

    Brighter maps?

  • I’ve been thinking this as well I agree, for would be nice to have baseline for killer. Probably a slider for people sensitive to motion sicknesses but it’d be great not to use a perk slot solely for fov.

  • Perk should brighten maps like it used to (maybe an additional tracking effect?)

    Definitely implement the FOV slider.

  • I myself am sensitive to motion sickness, and the FOV hasn't been that much of an issue. Except for one thing.

    I use Monitor & Abuse often, and the sudden change in FOV is pretty disorientating. So, maybe that can be changed in some way atleast?