Auric Cell raffle.
I'm a loyal member of this forum and game.
It does pain me to see so many ghost accounts get free 20 dollars in Auric Cells. FOR NOT participating.
I don't think anyone that has gotten cells has over 10 posts. It's kind of silly.
I think they should rethink their raffle setup. People are just making random accounts? Why are the people like myself that are here, being constructive, objective not getting any cells? I'm on PS4 too... yikes right?
Your "points" on your account should give you a better chance or something. Randoms that do not participate in the forums in any way are winning free cells.
It's kinda pissing me off.
Comments
at least accounts that logged in recently
not at the start of the raffle
I don't expect users to have over 10 posts but come on, just the last log in
Not Queen posted this earlier.
"Thanks for your concern but this raffle isn't about the amount of participation in the forums but about being a verified member. Players who read forums but do not comment still have the right to participate. We have over 20K members in the forums right now so we are bound to pick members you might not know.
We check the winner accounts for last played DBD session, we do the raffles, contact the winners and add the currency to the accounts. I can guarantee you that all of them are human.
I will now close this thread.
Good luck in the next raffles!"
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/5766/auric-cell-giveaway/p2
At least they're vetting them. I'm a bit concerned that people get multiple submissions by making multiple accounts... but hey, what can you do?
notqueen maybe checking to see when they played last, but if she searches my name here it will come back as empty as my gamertag is completely different. What I assume she does is emails them to tell them they are a winner and asks for thier gamertag. at this point the person just writes back and guves a legit gamertag. for all i know the next person who reads this has won 3 times and only posts with 1 acct.... probably not, but possible.
If the submitted accounts do not play dead by daylight....they will be kicked out of the raffle. (at least according to not queen's statement.)
And....there might be more raffles....with different rules. who knows.
Well that's fine. Sounds like @not_Queen is doing a great job with the winners.
If I don't win, that is fine. I just don't want people that won't check or know they won. They should definitely do a small raffle for some of us dedicated... loyal forum people.
I'd assume since they need to add these to your account they would be checking that the account you provide them when they say, "HEY YOU WON!" has play time or progress/achievements/etc
It's very funny that literally every single winner of the raffle are people that have literaly no activity at all on the forum.
Very funny...
Forum accounts have no connection at all to the DBD accounts, this would only make sense if the raffle would happen in the steam forums
Also for people that don't really care to verify themself so far of the 14 people picked for the raffle only 4 have posted anything on the forum and out of those 4, one of them only posted one message and it was long after he won.
And none of them have more than 5 post.
This is where I get lost, What if I play on Playstation? How can they check that? How can they know? Okay so they message me on this forum, did someone spend the time to see all the winning accounts have logged in since their win? If so case closed. If not how can they know?
I understand, but here is what I was saying
Sunday June 17th: @klanski125 - Last login to this forum was June 16th - 0 visits
Tuesday June 19th: @Kirillru23ru - Last login to this forum was June 16th.
So they are not getting answers here, are they getting them on Steam?
THE_WAREWARE
ABOUT
Username The_Wareware Joined June 11 Visits 0 Last Active June 11 Roles Member Posts 0 Badges 0
With how not_queen spoke, it seemed like they did check to some degree, how they checked, idk.
I can't win?
Well, it still is nice of them to hand out free Auric cells. And as others have mentioned: who knows, maybe this will happen again.