Why should i even bother?

If i play as survivors want, like hooking and disappearing from the map right away, never hitting a unhooked survivor until they get healed and stuff like that, they still DC, i'll lose a pip and wont have fun on that match because i wasnt playing to win but to make survivors happy.

If i play to win, by doing my best, they will also DC, call me names, throw THE SALT and stuff, i'll lose a pip most of the time, but on those matches at least i had fun and was also able to collect THE SALT.

So why should i even bother about doing anything else than playing however i want and then drop a "GG" on the chat because im a Goodsportman?

Comments

  • Oh, don't even give a ######### about what people think about your play style.

    Enjoy the salt or close the chat and don't give a damn about it.

  • You should always play how you want, what is fun for yourself isnt always going to be fun for another but thats PVP gaming.

  • Play how you want within the (actual) game rules.

  • Dude, I used to think like you. When I played Killer back in the day I always got shittalked by Survivors and I always felt bad. Now I don't give a ######### about what they say and I play Killer how I want to. I still watch that I play fair and how I want to be treated when playing as Survivor but that's not always the case. I barely get salty comments at the end game chat. Just the people who constantly dc don't have a good character and I don't care about those kind of people.

  • Don't listen to them. The problem isn't you, it's them. They're trolls, who feel entitled to an easy victory handed to them on a silver platter, then proceed to tea bag you just to rub it in. And when they don't get that, they send you hate mail, calling you foolish names because they're upset they didn't get their oh-so-precious so called "victory". They can't seem to understand the natural order of things...a brutish killer is bound to kill you eventually, so you're not supposed to have it easy, nor should you ever be guaranteed to escape. You're playing a horror game where you're trying to escape a killer, so yes, you are going to die. It's so simple, I can't for the life of me get what is so incredibly hard to understand about that simple fact.

  • Again funny, I feel like the best summary I have seen was in a conversation I had with a killer the other night, they camped me post gate open after not being able to catch me all match and were hitting me repeatedly on the hook and I said GG to be nice because I did have fun in the chase that went for 3 gens and they got 2k anyway and they just went on some toxic rant so I had to block them just because I said GG nicely... I've also had survivors trash me for crouching with UE against a hag which is pretty much common sense for an unhook and they didn't even go second phase, they just ran off the hook, triggered all traps and got salty... People will literally complain about anything in this game, makes it hard to just be nice especially when people just get tilted from it anyway...Play your way and they can get tilted all they like, you're the one getting bp at the end of the day. I'm still going to send nice comments to killers/survs though, if they get tilted they must live in some sad toxic little world...no point acknowledging the toxicity and stopping genuine kindness post match for some horrible people...

  • You shouldn't play to appease other players. You should be playing for your own enjoyment. As long as you're not breaking any game rules then you're fine. Don't let the abuse of others get you down. Hold your head high and know you played well.

  • 1. Block chat

    2. Do whatever it takes to secure the kill. Your job is to hook/kill/sacrifice. How you do it doesn't matter.

    3. Not care about rank or pips. It doesn't keep you from playing the game.

    4. Never care about survivors.

    5. Never care about survivors.

    6. NEVER care about survivors.

    1. Stfu.
    2. Play however you god damn please.
    3. Have a nice day.
  • Survivors want you to play a certain way because they escape when you play that way. Not rocket science.