LAGGY KILLER ARE A PROBLEM FOR DEDICATED SERVERS

My ping is 70 (with dedicated server) but the killer was really laggy and he hit me 4 steps from the window.. this need to be fixed

Comments

  • This is to be expected. This first test is a very early version of dedicated servers. To keep it simple, they are functional right now, but they haven't been refined yet. Going forward we're going to be ironing out the kinks in the actual gameplay to make sure everything works like it should before they go live.

  • That's not how dedicated servers work. Sounds like an issue with the servers and/or the netcode. A player's lag should only affect that player and that player alone.

  • @Peanits said:

    This is to be expected. This first test is a very early version of dedicated servers. To keep it simple, they are functional right now, but they haven't been refined yet. Going forward we're going to be ironing out the kinks in the actual gameplay to make sure everything works like it should before they go live.

    Will this be fixed?

  • @Orion said:

    That's not how dedicated servers work. Sounds like an issue with the servers and/or the netcode. A player's lag should only affect that player and that player alone.

    Oh okay, I think it was because that was my 2 match with dedicated server..

  • As mentioned, this is the sort of thing we're going to be looking at following this test. Right now we're just making sure everyone can connect and that the servers can handle the load.

  • It's Behavior, so maybe? If not now half a year down the line.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/442485#Comment_442485

    As mentioned, this is the sort of thing we're going to be looking at following this test. Right now we're just making sure everyone can connect and that the servers can handle the load.

    Okay, thanks!

  • @Arroz, sorry for hijacking your thread, but... @Peanits, I can't even launch the PTB. I get an error saying "Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later." The error code was 8013, I think. I thought this was due to the switch between P2P and dedicated servers, but it's still there.

  • @Orion said:

    @Arroz, sorry for hijacking your thread, but... @Peanits, I can't even launch the PTB. I get an error saying "Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later." The error code was 8013, I think. I thought this was due to the switch between P2P and dedicated servers, but it's still there.

    It's okay dont worry, when i get this error I close steam..

    Try to do that

  • @Arroz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/442494#Comment_442494

    It's okay dont worry, when i get this error I close steam..

    Try to do that

    That fixed it. Thank you.

  • My ping is 70 (with dedicated server) but the killer was really laggy and he hit me 4 steps from the window.. this need to be fixed

    That sounds like a PRETTY GOOD JOB for me, if every match is like that we killers shouldnt be afraid of database distances, we will still win even if its too far away :)

  • if you want to feel enraged pls play on the PTB now, hits from far away that connect. even worse than a laggy killer on live

  • @Jimsalabim said:

    if you want to feel enraged pls play on the PTB now, hits from far away that connect. even worse than a laggy killer on live

    I feel enraged by having to wait at least a hour to go into a match, then coming back to lobby because someone DCed mid loading screen.

  • You all wanted dedicated servers to be the ultimate solution, but as many people said they won't be. You're still going to get hit when you stand on the other side of a window teabagging or vault too late; you'll still see lag, but now you can't blame the Killer for lag switching. You're still going to be just as bad as you were, but with less viable excuses.

    Keep up the work on the dedicated servers, devs. I'm going to enjoy all the people who still suck finding new reasons why they can't grasp basic logic. My bet is on 'it's bad netcode!'

  • @BigBlackMori said:

    You all wanted dedicated servers to be the ultimate solution, but as many people said they won't be. You're still going to get hit when you stand on the other side of a window teabagging or vault too late; you'll still see lag, but now you can't blame the Killer for lag switching. You're still going to be just as bad as you were, but with less viable excuses.

    Keep up the work on the dedicated servers, devs. I'm going to enjoy all the people who still suck finding new reasons why they can't grasp basic logic. My bet is on 'it's bad netcode!'

    Are you saying that I suck? Be more respectful kid.

    Looks like your mad and now you can't lagswitch when survivor are teabagging you in the exit :(

    #feelsbadman..

  • @Orion said:

    That's not how dedicated servers work. Sounds like an issue with the servers and/or the netcode. A player's lag should only affect that player and that player alone.

    Nah it's possible currently. Dedicated servers doesn't necessarly mean, that hit detection is completely done server side. Which is what's probably happens here in an extreme case, where the game accepts every hit the killer's client detects. No matter how much the killer lags behind.