Best way to play the plague + good builds
I've not played plague since launch so I don't quite know how good she is and what builds to use - any tips/advice which could go toward the plague
I've not played plague since launch so I don't quite know how good she is and what builds to use - any tips/advice which could go toward the plague
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
She's terrible at the end game unless you have Corrupt Purge
Her biggest problem is dealing with pressure while not in a chase. There's not much you can do so I usually bring in perks to help with gens.
Ruin is a great option on her because it makes up for her lack of map pressure
Overcharge is a good alternative as well.
Other than that I like to use Spirit Fury and BBQ with either discordance, bamboozle or PWYF
Is there any point vomiting on objects etc
In order to get benefit out of pre-vomitting (gross lmao) you need to expect loops. Objects are only infected for 35 seconds which is nothing most of the time. I usually vomit on gens after hitting them so survivors are either forced to stay away for that time or risk being exposed.
other than that survivors with full infection will infect objects for you which is pretty nice!
How would you rank her as a killer, with positive and benefits? just so I fully understand this killer
Probably the upper echelon of the mid tiers. She can be pretty oppressing if used well. The fact that you can get one hit downs on fully infected survivors is a powerful benefit. She just struggles with map pressure which is a problem a lot of killers share.
Been playing a lot of plague, My current build is BBQ&C, Brutal Strength, Corrupt Intervention, Thanatophobia. My favorite add-on's are the ones that decrease cooldown time, or increase effectiveness of vile purge. The reason I'm using Thanatophobia is because Many survivors have adopted the tactic of staying sick all match until the gates are powered in order to prevent Plague from getting her Corrupt Purge power boost. Thanatophobia makes it so that if they use this tactic they add 12 seconds to gen repair time giving me more time to find and down them. It usually encourages them to give me my Super Puke, which incidentally screws them over even more. CI is fun for the start of the trial as it lets me puke on the 4 closest gens to me on a patrol and infects anyone who touches them in the first 2 minutes, as well as leading to some early knock downs. The other perks have their obvious advantages. but my favorite add-on combo is double Cooldown, or best cooldown + purge effectiveness.
Double cooldown = machine gun puking with minimal slowdown which makes for very quick chases, whereas Cooldown + effectiveness again gives me faster movement and purge recovery speed but also means I can puke less on a survivor to break them faster and also end the chase quickly, just (strangely) not as quick as double cooldowns does.
So far this build has been a decent one, but i'm still unlocking perks for her and have yet to experiment with much else, but for an all around decent basic build for her, it's been great.
Not a bad build.
My personal build is:
Agitation, Thanatophobia, Discordance, Hex: Ruin/Play With Your Food
The goal is to get maximum movement speed across the map to get maximum map pressure, while forcing survivors through Thanatophobia to use fountains or get downed in one hit.
You down one survivor and then carry them to a hook nearby a generator where an injured/broken survivor is working.
:)
Sickness rate of survivors increases when interacting with objects that have vile purge on them. What I'm not sure of is if they are already sick but not broken, does working on gens, vaulting pallets/windows, going into lockers increase their sickness levels by a chunk? I've noticed if I vomit on pallets mid-chase that plenty of times right after a survivor puts them down, they become broken. I regularly use the severed toe add-on though that "Considerably increases the rate at which Survivors gain infection from interactions".
Thanataphobia is an interesting perk that I haven't tried out myself yet.
My typical build is:
Monitor and Abuse, Surveillance, Ruin, and Hex: Haunted Ground
Monitor is so good on her. It lets her get super close to survivors before they react to her heartbeat which an lead to some easy vile purge shots.
Surveillance is great for finding survivors. Discordance would be good as well. I use surveillance because I find guarding gens to be one of her bigger strengths.
Ruin for slowing the game down :P
Haunted Ground for some easy early game downs.
Iridescent Seal is a really good add-on that survivors can't really play against.
Vile Emetic + Infected Emetic is the most used combo for breaking survivors fast with vile purge.
I've been trying Severed Toe and Ashen Apple for some more interesting play. I mostly build around using Vile Purge since Corrupt is not always guaranteed unless you are running Iridescent Seal. If you do have corrupt available and you know someone is going for an unhook, make sure you use a fountain for 2 easy downs.
She is easily looped especially if you are trying to vomit while looping. Learning when to use Vile Purge and when to just bloodlust is key.
Plague is... odd when it comes to builds. I just run whatever really. As long as I have access to the fountains, I do fine.
PWYF or STBFL is really good on her because making a survivor injured with Vile Purge doesn't count as an offense action.
My current build is:
Thanatophobia, PWYF, Brutal Strength, and Rancor/Overcharge
Some perks that are absolutely useless with plague:
Nurses Calling, Coulrophobia, Sloppy Butcher, etc... Survivors get free insta heals with her, so these perks never come into play.
I thought they changed this so PWYF would count?