Common misconceptions about killer and survivor mains
The one big one I can think of for both sides:
"They just want free wins"
I hear this more often said about killer mains than the other way around, but I've seen it applied to survivor logic as well. I and many others on both sides have played games like Sekiro, the Dark Souls Series, and BR games like H1Z1. If we really wanted free wins, we wouldn't be torturing ourselves with said games (I die all the goddamn time in Sekiro yet I never feel cheated (except Lady Butterfly, she can suck my dick) because I feel the deaths are actually due to my lack of skill).
Killer:
"They just want survivors to run in a straight line and/or stand still"
SOME have said looping is exploiting, but most killer mains I know feel the dead opposite. Looping is fine, but being able to go from pallet to pallet and just camp pallets with no consequence due to how fast gens get done is insane. What killers would like is better map design and more time to actually play the damn game, which leads to my next point.
"They'll always tunnel and camp because they're sweaty tryhards, they always run NOED as well"
To be honest, most killers will only tunnel because they have absolutely no chance of winning without taking someone out of the game immediately. I know for one if I'm a killer who can snowball well (Huntress, Nurse, Myers, Hag, etc.), I'm much more likely to slug and keep pressure on multiple survivors. But if I'm a killer whose snowball is ######### (Wraith, Clown, etc), then I have to tunnel. It's all about being as efficient as possible. Also if you unhook right next to the killer or don't even wait for them to leave the area before you unhook, they're almost certainly going to come back and put the survivor back on the hook. And in that scenario, the savior made a terrible play, nothing else to it. If we were given an incentive to not tunnel (like an in-game buff or survivor debuff for hooking multiple survivors), then you would see a lot less tunneling and camping (though the ######### who camp with 5 gens still left to do will always camp).
Also, unless we're playing Insidious Leatherface or are just pricks, we're only going to camp when the exit gates are powered, which should be understandable. There's no way we're getting anyone else, might as well secure one or two kills.
And as for NOED, with how fast gens get done and how little survivors cleanse dull totems, killers now feel it's necessary to run it in order to stand a chance, especially if you are playing a really bad killer like Trapper. Or maybe they're using an end-game build, which NOED is perfect for.
Survivors:
"They just gen rush and teabag all the time, they just want to bully killers"
Granted, I'm biased towards killers. Most of my time is played as killer. And while I have seen at least half the survivor playerbase play like this, I've played with and gone up against a lot of survivors and swfs that just want to have fun with the game. Not everyone is an #########.
I know I'm missing quite a few misconceptions, but I've spent too long making this post. If you want to share any, please do so. I'm just sick of everyone in this community always pointing fingers at each other saying we just want free wins, we need to git gud, nerf the ######### out of the other side, who cares about their opinions, etc. Maybe if we got to understand each other more we'd be able to find more solutions the majority can agree on and hopefully have more of our vision be implemented by the devs (though that's another rant/topic on its own).
Comments
The biggest misconception some players have in this game is they feel they won't have fun playing both sides of the game.
It depends on your definition of fun. Some people like M1 simulator and gen rushing, some people like camping/tunneling and ruining a survivor's experience. I for one don't, but I still try to play efficiently as either side.
Really?
Try giving any kind of suggestion on these forums as a survivor and you'll recieve 100 "lul,git gud,you just want free wins".
In some cases camping/tunneling is playing efficiently. As survivor (my main role) I try to cleanse totems, open chest, save people and do gens while not getting caught.
In my experience on this forum if I have a killer sided opinion then I’m smart and aren’t “biased” unlike other survivor mains (most aren’t) if I say something survivor sided all the one sided killers go in to disagree with me and tell me I’m a troll or I’m just a biased survivor main. I never understood how I could be biased towards survivor when I usually take the killers side of arguments.
My biggest problem is if you say something a killer or survivor doesn't like they automatically assume you are a filthy survivor main or a filthy killer main in an argument... Survivor mains have more of a problem with this I have noticed if they even try to argue something they get told to git gud ect ect. Wish more people played both sides and were truly more unbiased.
Yes!!! I play both sides and I have opinions on both sides. Do I deserve to be insulted over an opinion? No, no one does.
Exactly. Do I still think more should be done in killer's favor than survivors with the way the game is? Yes. Do I think there's nothing about killers that needs to be looked at? Hell no.
I remember being told Iri Head is fine and stop complaining about it. If I was the real sweaty killer main everyone calls me, I never would admit there are add-ons some killers have that are really bullshit lmao.
I just wish more people were willing to admit that their own side has bullshit things that shouldn't be in the game. And/or reworked/nerfed.
Even if I don't feel Legion at base should have been gutted, at least we don't have to deal with moonwalking and Frank's. Both of those were cancer.
Exactly in some ways killer needs to be buffed but then you take some add-ons into account and the bs that it is. The only real fix for some of the add-ons is to make rarity actually matter as of rn I am sitting on 603 ebonies...
Welcome to the club.
Both teams here downplay their own craziness and exaggerate the others'.
But in my experience survivors dont think about consequences of their supposedly fair and balanced "minor change" ideas. And then get offended when they get pointed out the flaws.
More often I see certain survivor affiliated people become total jackasses just to spite killer buff related stuff.
Killermainbtw.