Let's talk about this "Legion Exploit"
Here's to another episode of "why i can't lose" by the survivor side.
The Dead By Daylight staff have issued a statement regarding Legion and their "Mending Exploit". Personally I'm calling bs because now it feels like they are punishing killers for playing it the way the staff designed it. I don't agree with it being a report able offense considering there are heavier duty problems already on the table. Let's name a few
- MATCHMAKING
- Survivors's calling people homophobic and racial slurs in end game chat
- Survivors disconnecting straight up because they lost
- Survivors disconnecting to give another survivor hatch
- Survivors taking the game hostage if they want to with no repercussion
- Survivors spamming remaining infinite loops
- SWF IN GENERAL
The "Mending" Status effect even replaced how "Borrowed Time" works, with legion and their power i really would like a better understanding personally on how this is an issue. Like Freddy, Legion's kit eats up an enormous amount of time to do, survivors have a very strong arsenal against Legion already.
If Deep Wound is applied to a survivor and Legion CONTINUES to chase them, the bleed out timer STOPS AND they are going to buy time for their team to escape and do generators, It's crazy to read that for a person to use tracking abilities and remember where a survivor went while they try to mend to secure a hook is resorting to a punishable offense??? Nobody wants to hit a looping survivors over a pallet/etc 4-5 times with frenzy before they go down just so they won't cry.
What about when survivors unhook someone with Borrowed time and i wait and attack them later with another killer, is that bannable too? I guess i'm supposed to just let them win
I personally believe this is just another survivor made up rule that got enough attention, if you don't want people to play a killer a certain way the (design) should be changed, instead we are threatening players to not even play.
Comments
So a 5 minute mend time is ok with you?.. Cause you want to win all the time?
Are the Devs just supposed to let you win all the time?
Like i stated, i believe personally we should be coming up with ways to design a more fun game experience instead of threatening players because the design is "flawed"
@TheBean someone didn't read the post
thank you
@Tzeentchling9 Have you read it? It seems to me that the OP is making a huge mistake, @TheBean makes sense here.
Yes as a homosexual survivor I use F word and general homophobic slurs. There are no killers who hate gays for some reason too, makes sense totally. It is just so strange for you to specifically say 'survivors'
I don't understand your post at all, you mixed everything. Bannable legion exploit is not moonwalking, it is using certain addons that do something they shouldn't. Did I get something wrong here? You won't get banned for moonwalking.
oh... I'm been just so excited with all the forum chaos today.. I misread sometimes.
I'm fat kid in a candy store right now.
But they are changing the Legion? Perhaps it didn't go right the first time, but they are making changes to it.. which too me, don't look too bad.
I look at as.. they are re-establishing a baseline for the Legion... Doesn't mean they can't make adjustments afterwards. First things first is to correct the mechanic exploits the Devs didn't like.
But you are calling BS on the mending exploit cause the Devs will consider punishing you for it?... So... Are you saying they should just leave it as is, until they update the Legion?
Then you say it is a "survivor" made up rule that got attention?... Which rule was that?
I know you are criticizing me for not reading your post a thoroughly as you may have wanted, but I don't see the point you are trying to get across.
Cause the Devs designed it that way... Then gets released to the full public, not just PTB. Some players on both sides don't like to play as legion or play against legion... but you are blaming survivors for getting a 5 minute mend time declared as a exploit by the Devs they will ban for. Without considering the fact of how the Devs might even consider making it bannable.
Do you think that the Devs would make that decision based on them "maining" one side vs the other?
Your point on me is lost because of the bias you show in your post.
Sure, i apologize for the confusion, i simply believe this shouldn't even be seen as an issue, there's other killers who perform similar gameplay. Amanda (the pig) for example. This is like saying we should ban Amanda players because she wont let them undo their bear traps and used tracking, Legion's bear trap is converted into the Deep Wound Status effect with mending.
If you ask me questions specifically i can explain as best i can to get my point accross, say they changed the "5 minute mend" what else is an issue?
I can say personally I've lost and won against legion since release with no real issues. Like i stated, people paid money to play their game and their chapter apon their design. I'm not sure how else killers are supposed to work around how Mending works if we are getting in trouble by tracking survivors while they are bleeding out
Well if that's what you mean then you are making a mistake right now.
It is not a bannable offense to moonwalk as a legion. You can go and hit a survivor with feral frenzy and avoid getting into a chase and make them go down with deep wounds just like the pig right now and you won't get banned. Devs can not ban you for that.
You are going to get banned if you use specific addons (I believe they are called blade addons but I am not sure) because currently, they are making a change that they shouldn't make.
It is totally safe to avoid hitting a survivor to avoid borrowed time save or moonwalk as a legion.
"You are going to get banned if you use specific addons (I believe they are called blade addons but I am not sure) because currently, they are making a change that they shouldn't make."
that statement is a mess and i'm having a hard time understanding what "Moonwalking is"
we are talking about survivors who have deep wound on and cry about getting found, i think whether or not the dirty blade is used this is still complained about
The Dead By Daylight staff have issued a statement regarding Legion and their "Mending Exploit". Personally I'm calling bs because now it feels like they are punishing killers for playing it the way the staff designed it. I don't agree with it being a report able offense considering there are heavier duty problems already on the table. Let's name a few
Can you explain what you meant here to me please?
What is being reportable offense?
What is mending exploit?
We are not talking about survivors who have deep wound and cry about getting found. We are talking about mending exploit whatever it is and it being a reportable offense.
Dead by daylight staff's statement is about those addons, nothing else.
You clearly didn't read all the changes to Legion the staff has implemented for the upcoming PTB
There's other Legion posts talking about the issue i am referring to, where Deep Wound will pause in their terror radios which over powers Borrowed time and shin kicks Legion
Yes but in most situations this gives a huge advantage to survivors over Legion more than they already have