HIT BOXES!!!
I have a complaint. Hit boxes are really bugged right now!!!! I feel if you/they could fix this issue(hit boxes) you’re/this game dbd would get a lot more love. For example, if i vault a window and ive already reached the other side of the window and if the the killer swung the hit usually registers, same with pallets!!!!! And I feel as if I speak for the entire dbd community that hit boxes are really annoying at the moment and if u/they fixed this issue more people would enjoy your/this game, and not rage every game because the killer is hitting you from a mile away from the killer!!!!🙄
Comments
Few things annoy me more in this game than bs hits over windows. I'm with you in that it's a pretty big issue, but I'm also sure a lot of those hits are thanks to latency. Hopefully dedicated fixes most of these.
If I stab you through a window or over a ledge with a sharp object irl before you can react, even if you've just jumped through it, its going to stab you. The same logic applies here.
Even when i play killer sometimes i get a hit through a pallet or window that i think shouldn't register. Sometimes it goes the other way too where i miss where i should have hit.
I hope dedicated servers help with this problem a bit.
I was playing on one of the coldwind farm maps with the tractors. I had jumped the ledge to get to where there is that bail of hay to jump off of. I had jumped off the hay, and the killer hit me from INSIDE the tractor section.
Sometimes I play as killer and get a hit that I know was not deserved. You/I were/was halfway across the map and that tiny little blade was able to get me. Yeah, nice try dbd. Go home, you're drunk.
So you know the tiny blade a pig has is the same range as a billy hammer or a trappers cleaver. Honestly the red stains distance is more telling then the weapons in game. But hey if you prefer we could have all killers use the same weapon. It would look boring but it would also remove any ambiguity as to how you got hit. Alternatively nerf killer range to the animation size it shows more reason to play billy right. Obviously these are all stupid ideas but the whole point is to explain why fixing hitboxes would effectively be nerfing the range of half of the killers many of which are already low tier.
Windows are gaping holes in walls. They're not magic shields. As for pallets, two events (stun and hit, in this case) can occur simultaneously.
@CornChip
Quick thing to note if you try to hit a survivour doing a medium vault you will miss if you collide to the right or left of the open window however if you attack and land a hit directly in the middle vs a medium vaulting survivour you will hit.
Otherwise medium vaults would be a little to strong. Fast vaults however will give you enough distance to avoid being hit. So practise vaulting notoriously hard fast vault areas.
For those complaing about being hit through a window there not walls or shields there open areas a blade reaching across and striking you is gonna hit you. I could name a dozen horror movies where the slasher arm smashes or strikes a person through the window and straight up kills them.
Same applies to pallets while dropping if a blade has reached the survivour its likely gonna hurt that survivour the pallet has to drop on the killer. From its stationery position.
Rember all of the killers have supernatural strength backing there swings. Even if the blade knicked you it would still likely hurt a lot.