Reddit Post About Console Cert Phone Call (Potential Bad News)

The guy claims he had a phone call with sony and recieved some unfortunate news. Can anyone give their .02 cents on how true this may be?

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8tsvr4/just_got_worst_news_possible_on_phone_with_sony/?st=JIUM2AYC&sh=f9e50ecf

*post was reposted to the correct location. Transcript below:

”Ok I got real console update info from sony. First off I was very polite and explained the situation and though he wasn't supposed to, the representative told me exactly what's going on, the patch had been rejected once and resubmitted. Long story short the patch on is set to drop Tuesday July 3rd. I hope this guy was wrong but he seemed like he knew what he was talking about unfortunately. I can't believe it's actually going to be the full 3 weeks...smh.

I got the no information response the first 6 times I called, this time I got a sympathetic guy I guess.

He put me on hold to talk to someone who'd have info on it then got back on phone and told me July 3rd, I hope he is wrong.”


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I would lose my ######### if this turns out to be true. I really hope it isn't true at all.

  • If it's true, that guy probably just cost the representative his job by betraying his trust. That's my 2 cents.

  • Update* 

    mods removed post because it was not on the console megathread... link appears to still bring you to the original post.
  • A repesentative would not confirm or deny this.

  • If this post gets locked or deleted, it's definitely true.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Just another rumor or fake news, some guy on a chat the other day said they talked to sony and its getting released tomorrow.

  • I really wish someone at BHVR would actually acknowledge this long wait for console players and actually tell us some information instead being so quite about it.

  • you console users seem very impatient
  • @Lowbei said:
    you console users seem very impatient

    said the PC user who does nothing but complain about SLOW frame rates in every game lmao

  • Focus on the question at hand everyone! That dude was trolling.
  • Customer service reps would have no access to this info and are worthless to ask. 
  • Jeeperrs said:

    @Lowbei said:
    you console users seem very impatient

    said the PC user who does nothing but complain about SLOW frame rates in every game lmao

    i have no framerate issues and have never complained about that. you seem delusional.
  • When the rumors are more interesting than the actual game smh sad times
  • @Lowbei said:
    Jeeperrs said:

    @Lowbei said:

    you console users seem very impatient

    said the PC user who does nothing but complain about SLOW frame rates in every game lmao

    i have no framerate issues and have never complained about that. you seem delusional.

    I didnt bring you up in any way, just made a general statement about a stereotype. Was not specifically about you so you seem to be stupid af.

  • IIRC, neither Sony nor Microsoft will give certification status to the general public, only to the developers. You can't just contact them ask say, "Hey what's up fam, how that update coming along?"

    Whether it ends up being accurate or not, I would take those posts with a grain of salt. More often than not it's just someone looking for attention. There have already been conflicting posts about the same thing all giving different dates.

  • I would lose my ######### if this turns out to be true. I really hope it isn't true at all.



    please do such here.


  • I would lose my ######### if this turns out to be true. I really hope it isn't true at all.



    please do such here.


    Lmaooo
  • Lowbei said:
    Jeeperrs said:

    @Lowbei said:
    you console users seem very impatient

    said the PC user who does nothing but complain about SLOW frame rates in every game lmao

    i have no framerate issues and have never complained about that. you seem delusional.


    a word that lowly learned from me because he was addressed by such so many times.
  • Jeeperrs said:

    @Lowbei said:
    Jeeperrs said:

    @Lowbei said:

    you console users seem very impatient

    said the PC user who does nothing but complain about SLOW frame rates in every game lmao

    i have no framerate issues and have never complained about that. you seem delusional.

    I didnt bring you up in any way, just made a general statement about a stereotype. Was not specifically about you so you seem to be stupid af.

    lol you quoted me and then typed “said the pc user” 

    stop whining about your console nonsense and be patient
  • Remember when pc threw a fit because pig was delayed by a day or two? Pepperidge farm remembers
  • The update can come whenever it comes, at least in my opinion. It at least gives me some time to farm bloodpoints to level the Clown and Kate when the update does come out.

    Side Note: This argument about what's better PC or Console is just pointless. Both sides are literally doing the same thing just a little differently. It's like sports, one team will be better or worse than the other but they are still doing the same damn thing, so just stop bickering. And if you do want to argue with each other post your own discussion, don't do it on a unrelated one that isn't yours.

  • Peanits said:

    "Hey what's up fam, how that update coming along?"

    @Peanits You made me laugh so hard when you said that lmao! Next time when I have a problem with my Xbox and need to call support, I'm going to say "Yo what's up bro! Just wondering if you dudes can help a brother out with his xbox one!"
  • Nickenzie said:
    Peanits said:

    "Hey what's up fam, how that update coming along?"

    @Peanits You made me laugh so hard when you said that lmao! Next time when I have a problem with my Xbox and need to call support, I'm going to say "Yo what's up bro! Just wondering if you dudes can help a brother out with his xbox one!"
    Dude me too, I was rolling!
  • Time to find out if this guy was full of it or not.