Shrine of Secrets Always Trash?

Hello all,

I started playing DBD 3 shrine cycles ago. I've been waiting for BBQ & Chili, Hex: Ruin, along with a couple survivor perks, no luck.

Each shrine cycle had absolute trash in them. I understand BE wants us to buy the DLC chars to get good perks so they get revenue, obviously, but is that enough a reason to gimp the shrine?

Is it just bad luck, or is it always like this? I almost have enough shards to buy the hag (with Hex: Ruin), but I'd prefer just to buy it from the shrine. BBQ & Chili cannot be obtained except for real $$$ or from the shrine (AFAIK).

Should I have high hopes for the shrine or am I right to think trash will continue showing?

Thanks all!

Comments

  • Sometimes it's really good and sometimes its garbage for a month.

    It's really random except that BBQ hasnt been in there for ages.

  • BBQ has only ever came up once, just buy the DLC.

    Ruin, just unlock Hag with shards or wait for it.

  • 90% it's a waste if time to take a look.

    You will notice fast that certain perks appear very rarely, who knows if this pattern is really by chance or forced by BHVR.

    I personally want a complete rework of how shrine works. You should not have to wait over 1 year for a damn perk and the only other way to get it is by spending money. Stupid design from consumers perspective.

  • It’s really only good for extra bloodpoints. Gives me an extra 600,000 99% of the time.

  • Bbq came out like right after I started playing the game lol

  • @Poweas said:

    BBQ has only ever came up once, just buy the DLC.

    Ruin, just unlock Hag with shards or wait for it.

    Just buy the DLC, you make it sound so simple... Sadly, the money for such an endeavor won't exist for about 2 - 3 months, atleast until the end of summer.

  • Its pretty worthless aside from rebuying perks for the bp

    2y38cd.jpg


  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    Its pretty worthless aside from rebuying perks for the bp

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/107/7FND0SDKT1YF.jpg

    Err, how do you rebuy a perk for BP? I'm confused on how that works.

    Self-care, I have that. It is in the shrine. If I buy it, what happens?

  • @MystiKasT it should work if you unlocked self care as a teachable so just buy it and it should give you 150,000 bp

  • Ruin was just in the shrine like 6 weeks ago. If you really want BBQ just buy Leatherface. All the DLCs occasionally go 50%off so buy him then for only $2.50.

  • @nunadventures said:

    @MystiKasT it should work if you unlocked self care as a teachable so just buy it and it should give you 150,000 bp

    so if you already have a teachable perk unlocked, and buy it in the shrine, you get 150k bp? thats a pretty low amount :(

    Thanks a ton for info! I will save up to 9k to get hag for hex ruin if it'll never be in shrine

  • @doitagain_ said:

    Ruin was just in the shrine like 6 weeks ago. If you really want BBQ just buy Leatherface. All the DLCs occasionally go 50%off so buy him then for only $2.50.

    thank you! $2.50 I can manage; hopefully they have a sale soon

  • @MystiKasT There is a sale going on right now.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @MystiKasT There is a sale going on right now.

    Im looking now. Leatherface DLC doesnt come with a survivor? Only the cannibal?

  • @MystiKasT Just Leatherface. No survivor.

    Just as the Ash DLC that just dropped was Ash only, nothing else.

    They're the only two that are that way. All other purchasable DLCs have both Killer and Survivor.

  • @Kilmeran well, there's bill too but hes free

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @MystiKasT Just Leatherface. No survivor.

    Just as the Ash DLC that just dropped was Ash only, nothing else.

    They're the only two that are that way. All other purchasable DLCs have both Killer and Survivor.

    Thanks. Sadly its not half off, its almost $4 :(

    And I heard cannibal sucks :(

    May just wait for shrine.

    Thank you for letting me know though!

  • @PhantomMask20763 That was why I specifically stated "purchasable DLCs," since Bill was free. :)

  • @MystiKasT Just a heads up, the DLCs very rarely ever go 50%. Usually they drop to the sale price they are now, while the base game goes 50% off.

    As for the Shrine, BBQ has only appeared in the Shrine a single time since Leatherface was released. So, if you wait for the shrine, you may never get it.

  • @Kilmeran Ah yes, my mistake, must've read over it

  • Thank you for the info all! I am not paying $3.50 for a perk, simply isn't worth the money in my eyes. I will hope it goes to shrine eventually or maybe one day I'll have a job that pays decent money.

  • @MystiKasT Look, if money is that tight, which I can understand, I was there a long time ago in my youth, just friend me on Steam temporarily (same name). I'll gift you the DLC.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @MystiKasT Look, if money is that tight, which I can understand, I was there a long time ago in my youth, just friend me on Steam temporarily (same name). I'll gift you the DLC.

    @Kilmeran Thank you so much for the offer! Nicest thing anyone has ever done for me online :D

    I sent you an invite but it says you were last online 9 months ago, so I'm not sure if it is the right account.

  • @MystiKasT Crap. I forgot I also had an old Steam account with the same name. I need to figure out how to delete that.

    The Kilmeran you're looking for actually has a custom avatar icon. If you can't find it, and if your Steam name is the same as your forum name, I can always just send you the request.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @MystiKasT Crap. I forgot I also had an old Steam account with the same name. I need to figure out how to delete that.

    The Kilmeran you're looking for actually has a custom avatar icon. If you can't find it, and if your Steam name is the same as your forum name, I can always just send you the request.

    @Kilmeran I am trying to find your new one! no luck so far! I am indeed MystikasT

    https://steamcommunity.com/id/MystiKasT/

  • @I'd also sent a link to your Wall (just click your forum name in the upper right corner of the forums to go to it) with a direct invite link to me.

    But, I just clicked your link.

  • I spend the shards to get more BP, at this point BP is more of an issue.


    The fact that there is a 1 million cap is dumb as well. And no, there is no good excuse for the cap.