Noed and DS
People please stop saying noed/DS is a crutch.
Noed punishes survivors for not cleansing totems and DS punishes killers who tunnel.
If noed is a big problem for you then cleanse the dull totems you see or bring small game/detectives hunch and find them.
If DS is a big problem then bring enduring and play Clown or don’t tunnel.
Comments
Just to point out here, being a "crutch" and having counters are two completely different things. Just because something has a counter, doesn't mean it's not a crutch.
@Blueberry true, it still doesn’t change the fact people say “-insert perk here- boost bad players even though we can completely counter it”
Well I think NOED is a totally fair and balanced perk because as you said, it's easily counterable. That doesn't change the fact though that it rewards killers with kills they didn't deserve, AKA a "crutch". It's bad design and artificially makes it look like killers are stronger than they actually are when you look at kill ratios in the devs statistics. It rewards you for survivors being lazy, not because you actually did anything skillful.
DS since its change I wouldn't call a crutch. I would however say it is still punishing killers that aren't tunneling which can still make it game breaking. It needs to only affect tunnelers before I'm okay with it.
@Blueberry stop being completely biased. If DS is a crutch now, then NOED is. End of story.
@Poweas you read blueberrys statement wrong.
@blueberry I don’t think we currently have a unbalanced perk in the game except MoM/Flip Flop being used by multiple people.
Start actually reading before you start whining.
"DS since its change I wouldn't call a crutch"
I literally said DS was NOT a crutch.
Also, I don't know how you get this "bias" nonsense when I play both sides at rank 1 regularly.
@Blueberry my bad, I'm just used to you saying biased stuff and I'm tired. Sorry. That was a good statement you made, I misread it. Sorry <3.
Also @Blueberry I wasn't whining. At least read it properly. .-.
That's fine. However you shouldn't throw the word "bias" around so loosely. Nothing I've ever said has been biased because as I said, I play both sides equally. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them bias.
bi·ased
/ˈbīəst/
adjective
adjective: biased
To be fair NOED can become a crutch since most survivors refuse to take out dull totems so It will most likely proc most games. Any Strong perk can become a crutch but there's nothing wrong in using one.
Survivors give NOED the Strength to be a crutch, It should be a gamble perk but majority of the time it's a guarantee.
Sorry @Blueberry again, I won't do that again. I'm so blind lol.
I'd rather take my chances using a different perk than NOED any day because besides if they are going to cleanse they will do it even if you don't have NOED...Plus once they know you have NOED that totem is gone real quick and the survivor hooked gets unhooked and most likely will escape. As for DS calling it a crutch is absurd to me.
It's alright lol
It doesn't matter if it is a clutch or not. Just ignore survivors for saying that. In the end, you're punishing them for gen rushing and not clensing tolems. Just like I am punishing them with NOED and Bloodwarden Combo.
Been playing Survivor a lot more and with potato teammates abound with the new pipping and Matchmaking system, Kilelrs are using NOED far more on PS4...its pretty annoying. I cleanse at LEAST 2-3 totems a match...but because how games dip fast with needing to Gen jockey or save people a lot as well as instances of looping the Killer, I literally can not 100% focus on looking for all totems, otherwise we actually wont get the Gens done.
Yes it has one counter, but so FEW even bother with totems or even know about NOED....I literally get punished for ...for lack of a better word..babysit 2-3 Survivors.