Proper hitbox detection
What is still preventing a proper hitbox detection of survivor / killer weapon?
I know you had problems back in the days implementing it when the game was really small, but with the budget nowadays this shouldnt be a problem anymore?
Would also be nice if the size of different killer weapons would be taken into account this way
Comments
What are you inferring is wrong with the hit box detection?
"Woudl also be nice if the size of different killer weapons would be taken into accoutn this way"
I personally wouldn't want this.
Currently we dont have a hitbox detection, currently we have a hit-cone detection.
Why wouldnt you want that?
Heaven forbid a killers weapon actually has to make physical contact with a survivor instead of cutting air to cause damage.
We have a pill shaped hit box around each character, I don't see the problem with that.
I wouldn't want it because you're better able to know killers reaches once you've got used to them. Also, if they were all different based on their weapons that would require a lot of separate balancing between each killer. That's more work that the devs don't have time to balance around. I don't think it would really add anything to the game play.
Lets face it, ALL killers right now are not balanced at all, the difference between nurse and trapper for example.... just yikes.
Why not get proper hitboxes adn then balance properly
Sure this would mean that you have to change your muscle memory for each killer, but thats just a matter of time and it woudl also feel a lot more natural from a killers perspective
The Legion's hitbox I noticed is super insanely small compared to a killer like Huntress. Hitbox values vary maybe? I noticed from playing killer and survivor, I can loop a Legion in 360's all day, but someone who swings to the side is impossible to dodge, killers who whack forward or lunge forward are a little easier.
There are a lot of reasons for the pill shaped hit box that you should understand. This would also require A LOT of changes.
"Lets face it, ALL killers right now are not balanced at all, the difference between nurse and trapper for example.... just yikes."
Very true.
I don't think the killer reaches are the biggest issue to fixing this though.
I'm not saying changing their reach would be bad necessarily. I think it would be fine. It just seems like a lot of work that wouldn't really change much for game play. This is at the same time where there are a lot of game play changing fixes that have desperately been needing to have done for a while. Just a lack of resources from the BHVR team to get it accomplished with limited resources in other words.
Later once the more demanding issues have been taken care of sure.
I find it bs that I can smack a survivor when I obviously should have missed. Proper hit-boxes are something that this game desperately needs.