Balance Skill Check Frequency

If the killer has Ruin, I get a skill check every 3 or 4 seconds.

If I have stacks of Stakeout, I get a skill check every 12 or 15 seconds.

https://xboxclips.com/Nos37/be2001ea-f5cc-4243-b22e-d2077984bffc

Comments

  • Sometimes skill checks dont even pop so... yh, there should be a minimum number of skill checks

  • this reminds me of a perk idea i had a while ago, it went something like this

    Jitters

    Skill Check frequency on all actions is increased by 10%/20%/30%

    All Skill Check success zones are decreased by 20%/15%/10%

    it's been a while since we got a jen jockey perk, hasn't it? plus it would bring great synergy to some underused (or frankly, underpowered) perks

    regardless, even if it is a cool perk idea, i still think skill checks should be changed fundamentally. like, no matter what, one happens every X to X seconds. i think the game does this currently, but instead it does it at a chance, and the "X to X" period is quite long. it couldn't hurt to factor out some RNG.

  • Yeah I've been getting that as well, Ruin get no skill check the entire gen progression, just the notification Ruin is in effect. While other time with and without Ruin I can get non stop spam skill checks.

  • @ekto said:

    this reminds me of a perk idea i had a while ago, it went something like this

    Jitters

    Skill Check frequency on all actions is increased by 10%/20%/30%

    All Skill Check success zones are decreased by 20%/15%/10%

    it's been a while since we got a jen jockey perk, hasn't it? plus it would bring great synergy to some underused (or frankly, underpowered) perks

    regardless, even if it is a cool perk idea, i still think skill checks should be changed fundamentally. like, no matter what, one happens every X to X seconds. i think the game does this currently, but instead it does it at a chance, and the "X to X" period is quite long. it couldn't hurt to factor out some RNG.

    @ekto

    That should be a perk for both killers and survivors

  • I also like how the game knows when I'm taking a second to itch my face. It's annoying and hilarious.

  • RNG, look it up.