The DC epidemic needs stopped
This DC epidemic seems to becoming highly consistent. I have just had a match as the plague I hooked 3 survivors and they deal with it. I down the other they DC and then say it's because I am playing a broken killer and they didn't like it. Luckily I got 1 pip because I did a fair amount but it was barely a pip. The DC epidemic along with the new emblem system really isn't going to work at all. I have tried to tolerate the unlimited amount of DC's for as long as possible but now it's getting ridiculous. Please BHVR stop giving the ability to quit. Another match as the plague 3 DC two of which strangely enough I didn't hook them but they saw me and quit. The other let me down them and as soon as I hooked them they quit and proceeded to say I dont like being killed. The other survivor ended up being sacrificed and no one even attempted to save them. I messaged them saying that sorry for the DC's. This is getting beyond a joke now survivors are abusing the ability to quit by doing it constantly.
Comments
Yeah, i really hope they implement something right after Ash get released because it's getting almost unplayable at times, especially with the infinite loading screen that creates ALOT of 3V1 matches...
"Please BHVR stop giving the ability to quit"
But you realize that you can't force someone to do something he doesn't want to do, right?
When people won't be able to leave the match or ALT+F4 then they will either go AFK, play like terrible potatos to get caught fast or suicide on the hook.
I mostly agree. DC's occur too often at the moment. But the problem is not that players have a menu option to leave a match.
I really hope that the devs do something again these excessive DC's soon, some kind of punishment for players who abuse the "leave match" function.
@Hunter901 And what's your opinion on survivors who dc?
it's as awesome as this ######### hitreg
I feel like this is something the whole community is hoping to get fixed sooner rather than later.
This is an idea, but I wonder what's actually being developed to help the situation.
https://youtu.be/xwh8Bhcw5m4I’m beginning to wonder if some of these are intentional or not. I know I’ve been disconnected in the strangest of times like when I get the exit gates open and I’m about to escape. At first I assumed it was the killer rage quitting because on my screen it says the killer dc’d but it’s recently come to my attention when I played with a friend that I was the one that disconnected, despite it showing the killer had done so.
But I know a lot have disconnected on purpose when hit once by the killer. It’s really crappy and it only hurts your teammates.
Hopefully when dedicated servers comes out this summer will help a lot with issues like these as well as the random disconnects that seem to be happening a lot as well.
@FreyatheKind In most cases you'll recognize whether a dc was intentional or not. Survivor got downed or hooked? Very likely intentional. Survivor was working on a gen? Something was buggy.
From what other players are reporting, the amount of "buggy" dc's seems to have increased. But I think that intentional dc's are the bigger problem at the moment.
I feel like this game needs a type of scoring system so intentional disconnectors could really feel the penalties from constantly doing it, like lowering their score where those who end up disconnecting because their internet went out would only suffer minor loss of their score. Just my two cents tho.
I do feel this whole issue will get better once summer hits. A lot of possibilities open up with dedicated servers.
@FreyatheKind This hasn't anything to do with dedicated servers. BHVR already has the information about the players' dc's. They could punish players who dc too often. It's already technically possible.
You say that as if the consistent DC's and emblem point losses don't bother you even though you only get 625 BP per dced survivor. Whereas you get a lot more BP when survivors are killed or sacrificed. Hell you even get more BP when survivors escape rather than when they DC. Or maybe you are one of the regular dcing individuals and you don't want anything done.