Monstrous Shrine Rework
In order for this rework to work, we have to make changes to hillbilly's insta chainsaw and Nurse's third blink + omegablink addons. Well, I don't have any hopes that they will remove these addons so I simply propose that they should be purple rarity.
Now here is the rework with a stupid explanation because I am bad at writing stuff.
Monstrous Shrine: The entity wants blood. When you hook 2/3/4 different survivors for the first time, Brown/Yellow/Green and lower rarity addons you used in that trial will not be lost.
With this change, Killers are going to keep their addons if they can hook different people, similar to BBQ and Chili perk. It also encourages them to go after different people so it is kind of anti tunnel perk. I didn't include purple addons because some of them are boosted and they will not go anywhere but for the most part, a lot of green addons are pretty powerful too. Also, to get this effect, killers are sacrificing a perk slot so I think it is okay.
And of course, DCs count as a token.
What do you think?
Comments
DCs let you keep purple add-ons. ๐
Or you could just have at least 13 Black Wards.
*Laughs in Legion Bloodweb*
@Peasant I can hear the Frank's Mixtape blaring from here, man.
@Delfador While your idea has merit, I just don't see it happening. It seems too underpowered honestly to not be worth taking over perks like Whispers, BBQ and Chili, (Virgin) Ruin or (Chad) Corrupt Intervention, or Monitor and Abuse.
Furthermore, I just think that Monstrous Shrine should be more focused on the act of sacrificing rather than be a different buff that is powered by hooking.
@Chaotic_Riddle I thought you knew me, man. I'm either using Dirt and Joey or the Joey and Julie mashup.
@Peasant Joey and Julie is a good mashup, yeah. I only bring Frank's when I don't want to deal with a Claud/Nea gang. Anywhooooo, @Delfador , I really like this idea and I hope it's seen by someone at BHVR, it seems like a great buff for a Leatherface only perk. :)
@Peasant The thing is that you can't make sacrifice faster, it is going to break the game, just like you can't make generators go faster with certain perks. Monstrous shrine can never be good because of this reason.
I can understand for perk combos like BBQ ruin, enduring spirit fury, it is difficult to choose this perk and give up one of your meta perks but imo killer addons are far more powerful than killer perks.
Some of green addons are extremely powerful and I do believe that people actually use this version of the perk. Clown has bleach + 10% ether, spirit's all of green addons are great, Freddy has his range addon + dream transition reduction, Leatherface has his insta chainsaw (green + yellow), huntress has her babushka + braid etc.
I was kind of afraid people were gonna find it too powerful tbh, I am surprised.
@Delfador The thing that just doesn't sit right with me is keeping add-ons to be frank.
Survivors and Killers both have Black Wards for the purpose of keeping add-ons and survivors have a mechanic (escaping) to keep them as well. They way I see it, killers should have a built in mechanic to keep their add-ons instead of having another questionable design choice be fixed by a perk.
As for the fairness of speeding up sacrifices, I see no wrong here simply because survivors have had ways to speed up generators for ages. Not to mention, tool boxes and perks like Prove Thyself let survivors speed up their objective now.
I sincerely believe that making a perk that is accessible to all killers without needing to buy dlc or pray for the shrine to speed up sacrifices, as you get hooks, is perfectly fine.
I am still hammering out my ideas for a Monstrous Shrine rework but I do care about balance so I am carefully examaning my numbers.
Here's just a sample: (by no means my final suggestion)
Monstrous Shrine rework 1:
Each time you hook a survivor you gain a token, each token increases sacrifice speed by (x/y/z) up to a total of 20%-30%.
The Entity hungers! There must be sacrifice!
Monstrous Shrine rework 2:
You start the trial in the basement. While within a (8/16/32) meter radius of the basement your stun recovery time is reduced by 50% and your attack cool down is reduced slightly. (Was considering adding a movement buff instead of cool down but still open to suggestions.)
The basement is your home and their hell, destroy all who dare enter your domain.